Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teranz

Minor suggestion to bioxx

14 posts in this topic

So i have noticed that bioxx is inclueding featuers and fixing bugs in ever prerelease, and i mean that great, new features yay! But every new feature brings few more bugs into the game and i was thinking that bioxx should do a massive bug clean up and fix the bugs that are lurking inside tfc before he goes onto agriculture in depth, and maybe he could call it "The Extreme Bug Fix"....

Thanks for reading and hope this gets to bioxx.

it is a good idea but it is bioxx's mod, although yes i would like to see a huge bug fixx update, the buggs are minor right now and are not a big problem, maybe he could do a huge bug fix once the full agriculture update is out, he could do one huge series of bugg fixes once that happens, and when the next release comes out, beta version 3 then he can do another series of bugg fix updates, also sometimes while trying to solve one problem others pop up, programing is a very delicate procedure, if one letter on a line of code is off it could potentianly crash the entire mod, and every line of cod may in advertantly affect another, thus everything must be in perfect balance to acheive the goal of total bug removal and everytime something is added in new and old buggs are bound to pop up and will require the entire system to be rebalanced, this comes from having all of the coding for the game in one .jar, they are all closely connected with no boundries to prevent them from interacting negatively, if minecraft had been put together better it wwould have consisted of multiple files in seperat locations rather then have the entire ai and game coding in one file, there should have been one file desiganted to launching the game and searching for files that need to be accesessed at apropriate times but in seperate file thus allowing you to code each system individualy, and then have a central brain file that acces what files are needed at what times. but i digress, minecraft is not as well coded as it could or should havebeen but it works and our modders must work with what they have, bioxx has to take his time doing things as he ses fit and we must allow him to do so in the hopes it will all come together in the end and i for one have faith that bioxx and his team have what it takes.

oh and yes while my description is a better way to code if done correctly it is also sligtly slower to load and render in things, only slightly, but it would fix most bugg problems that minecraft is well know for

it is a good idea but it is bioxx's mod, although yes i would like to see a huge bug fixx update, the buggs are minor right now and are not a big problem, maybe he could do a huge bug fix once the full agriculture update is out, he could do one huge series of bugg fixes once that happens, and when the next release comes out, beta version 3 then he can do another series of bugg fix updates, also sometimes while trying to solve one problem others pop up, programing is a very delicate procedure, if one letter on a line of code is off it could potentianly crash the entire mod, and every line of cod may in advertantly affect another, thus everything must be in perfect balance to acheive the goal of total bug removal and everytime something is added in new and old buggs are bound to pop up and will require the entire system to be rebalanced, this comes from having all of the coding for the game in one .jar, they are all closely connected with no boundries to prevent them from interacting negatively, if minecraft had been put together better it wwould have consisted of multiple files in seperat locations rather then have the entire ai and game coding in one file, there should have been one file desiganted to launching the game and searching for files that need to be accesessed at apropriate times but in seperate file thus allowing you to code each system individualy, and then have a central brain file that acces what files are needed at what times. but i digress, minecraft is not as well coded as it could or should havebeen but it works and our modders must work with what they have, bioxx has to take his time doing things as he ses fit and we must allow him to do so in the hopes it will all come together in the end and i for one have faith that bioxx and his team have what it takes.

oh and yes while my description is a better way to code if done correctly it is also sligtly slower to load and render in things, only slightly, but it would fix most bugg problems that minecraft is well know for

Ok, whatever makes you happy.

Do you speak English mon?

OMG That is ... one big-ass run-on sentence with no capital letters and in dire need of a "." and maybe separation into multiple paragraphs. Sooo hard to read.

Anyway - too late :P Bioxx is already deep in the agriculture. Be patient and the bugs will be fixed as he gets to them.

OMG That is ... one big-ass run-on sentence with no capital letters and in dire need of a "." and maybe separation into multiple paragraphs. Sooo hard to read.

Anyway - too late :P Bioxx is already deep in the agriculture. Be patient and the bugs will be fixed as he gets to them.

sorry, i have a bad habit.

sorry, i have a bad habit.

Fb and text typing shouldn't be a habit...

Honestly I hardly ever see the bugs.

And it seems like Bioxx is fixing them fast, but I agree a little bit, since I feel like I should create a new world for every update ^^

Ye

Honestly I hardly ever see the bugs.

And it seems like Bioxx is fixing them fast, but I agree a little bit, since I feel like I should create a new world for every update ^^

yeah i create a new world with ever update and i sometimes feel like bioxx should slow down with the updates and just add a lot of things at a time...

He's doing as he feels necessary. I personally think it's better the way he's doing it right now but I'm also speaking from a programmer/developer's perspective. Small quick fixes and additions are a lot more manageable. Now if this were a final game and beta testing was done privately/internally, then I could see him only releasing large updates.

The only reason I don't like the quick updates is because it resets the seasons which means I can never harvest my apple trees.

Harvest your trees then update when you're done.

Harvest your trees then update when you're done.

I think Peffern might mean he never makes it to Autumn to be able to harvest them. I'm in that particular boat. I play a lot and the farthest I get is mid-Summer even though I sleep in a bed every night. On a server I'm sure it makes it through the seasons because the thing keeps running, but in singleplayer I kind of wonder how much play time would be involved to get to Autumn normally if you sleep at the very beginning of night (in other words, the time to go through daytime X number of days until Autumn).

/time add 2400000!!

Fixed.

Added 100 days.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0