Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
vidaj

[Abandoned] [TFC 0.79.22] TFC water compatibility with other mods

29 posts in this topic

Note: I have abandoned development of this mod. Please try Dries007's TfcTweaks instead.

----

Hi everyone   I have made a small utility mod that lets other mods use TFC fresh water instead of vanilla water. Download:

Download version 1.3 at

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/228547-tfcwatercompatibility

This mod supports currently: - Railcraft - RotaryCraft - ElectriCraft - Steamcraft - Forestry - Thaumcraft Changelog:

1.3:

- Added support for Forge 10.13.3.1408+ with the changes in FluidRegistry. Should fix things.

1.2:

- Added support for the changes in API for version 0.79.16+

1.1: - Loading mod before thaumcraft. Fixes issues with crucible and fresh water 1.0: Initial release. Supports the following mods: - Railcraft - RotaryCraft - ElectriCraft - Steamcraft - Forestry

Note: This mod doesn't change any other mods, it just replaces vanilla water in forge with TFC fresh water. The supported mods is just listed because I load my mod before they do. Sources and issues can be found at https://github.com/vidaj/TFCWaterCompatibility Mod pack devs: You can use this mod in any modpack, no restrictions. If you do use it, I would appreciate getting a ping so I can check out the modpack, but it's not a requirement.

Edited by vidaj

Very cool. I will test this in my pack. If it works for my needs I'd like to include it in my pack. TechNodefirmacraft pack on ATLauncher (dev version that is soon to be published).

Thank you for this, I will be using it in my pack, Technofirma.

Thanks!

It is working great with RailCraft but Flaxbeard's dosnt seem to recognize the wooden buckets. Which steamcraft mod are using? There is another 1.7.10 mod called SteamCraft.

Indeed, Flaxbeards really doesn't like the TFC buckets. And rotatarycraft likes to consume the buckets. I'll look into what the issue is. Probably there will be a separate compatibility mod for flaxbeards (if I'm gonna fix it), or he has to do something to recognize the TFC buckets.

Yeah, it's the Flaxbeards mods fault that wooden buckets doesn't work.

This little line in the boiler is the culprit:

player.getHeldItem() != null && player.getHeldItem().getItem() == Items.water_bucket
Instead of detecting what fluid gets added to the boiler, he checks for the water bucket, and then adds water to the tank and gives back an empty bucket.

I'll try to put together some info for the flaxbeard team to change this to actually work with fluids, but it's something that has to be changed on their side.

I can also see what happens if I make another huuge hack, and replace the vanilla water bucket with TFC wooden bucket.

Update:

Yeah, Flaxbeards code really doesn't play well with other fluid containers than vanilla buckets. I have created an issue at their GitHub, so hopefully they will implement a more cross-mod friendly fluid handling for the boilers.

I ASM-ed in a more generic fluid handling for the steam boiler, and it worked like a charm with TFC wooden buckets and steel buckets.

And Flaxbeard's was one of my favorite mods to add with TFC. Everything about it fit together almost seamlessly with very little if any recipe tweaking required at all. The vanilla buckets were the only issue.

By the way, how is your RailCraft integration mod coming along?

Just to inform you, works with Thermal Expansion, MFR and IC2 too :)

Will this mod be updating to 0.79.17?

Will this mod be updating to 0.79.17?

See the + in the topic title? That means it's already compatible with any version after 0.79.16. As stated in the pinned topic about compatibility, you only have to worry about addons that have a version number in the title prior to 0.79.16

Updated mod to work with lastest Forge, as they changed the FluidRegistry implementation somewhere around 1350-ish. Should be backward compatible.

Haven't tested it with IC2. If you have a link to the mod, I can see if I can get it working. It might have trouble if the pump is looking for vanilla water blocks, since I haven't replaced those. It's a real pain to fix that. I tried doing it earlier to get Botania's hydroangeas functional, but I never got it working properly.

Haven't tested it with IC2. If you have a link to the mod, I can see if I can get it working. It might have trouble if the pump is looking for vanilla water blocks, since I haven't replaced those. It's a real pain to fix that. I tried doing it earlier to get Botania's hydroangeas functional, but I never got it working properly.

Link to IC2? IndustrialCraft2...?

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/

http://jenkins.ic2.player.to/job/IC2_experimental/

When i add fresh water to any railcraft tanks the water is used, the bucket goes into the second slot empty but no water is added to the tank.The railcraft water tank correctly lists "Fresh Water" but it will not hold water.Am i doing something wrong? or is everyone having this issue?Also is there a workaround for flaxbeards or should i just not bother and switch to steamcraft?EDIT: I made an issue on github.

Edited by AussieWarGod

Can't seem to get the Hydro engine from RotaryCraft to work with TFC water... have you tested it?

Since I couldn't get kev12east's fork running, I morphed the original code into my tweaks mod. Its also capable of handling lava.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8578-

Excellent! Then I won't continue this mod anymore. If you find a way to make water block checking work for other mods, that would be amazing. As in Botania Hydroangeas and such. I've considered forking the entire TFC codebase just to fix fresh water -> vanilla water to avoid this hack, and make it usable with other mods.

Excellent! Then I won't continue this mod anymore. If you find a way to make water block checking work for other mods, that would be amazing. As in Botania Hydroangeas and such. I've considered forking the entire TFC codebase just to fix fresh water -> vanilla water to avoid this hack, and make it usable with other mods.

My thing does replace the vanilla Blocks.water/lava with the TFC equivalent, so in theory it should work.

But I think you did the same thing and it didn't work?

My thing does replace the vanilla Blocks.water/lava with the TFC equivalent, so in theory it should work.

But I think you did the same thing and it didn't work?

Other way around. Botania checks for Blocks.Water to see if there's any water source blocks around. Therefore it won't generate any mana when there's TFC water source blocks around it.

Edit: My bad. I just realized what you wrote. I'll check it out :)

Edited by vidaj

Other way around. Botania checks for Blocks.Water to see if there's any water source blocks around. Therefore it won't generate any mana when there's TFC water source blocks around it.

Edit: My bad. I just realized what you wrote. I'll check it out :)

Wait for the next build (8+) I'm adding flowing water/lava to be replaced. That should cover just about everything.

The smart thing to do would be to ask those mod authors to check for Material.Water and Material.Lava instead of Block.Water and Block.Lava. That way they will be compatible with all mod liquids that simulate water and lava.