Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Shadowedrose

Calamari and Mutton

32 posts in this topic

I am sure this prob has come up already, but it would be awesome if sheep gave mutton when killed XD

Squid would be awesome giving calamari too.

Posted ImageCooked Posted Image Raw Mutton

Posted ImageCooked Posted ImageRaw Calamari

Doubled sized for the forums XD

I think both mutton and calamari should fill the same amount of hunger as pork.

like the idea...also what u using to make your sprites? I use photshop.....but is they a better program?

I just used photoshop and drew them. You honestly can use anything, paint works well for authentic looking sprites.

I don't think paint supports an alpha channel so you'd have to use another program to make one after drawing it in paint.

I don't think paint supports an alpha channel so you'd have to use another program to make one after drawing it in paint.

Idk about the newer ones, but the older ones used to do it as long as you didnt fill in the background and had it set right.

Cool. I didn't know it was that useful lol. First paint program I learned to use was Paint Shop Pro and then switched to Photoshop while it was at version 2 or 3.

Oh please make sheep drop mutton! That way I can sacrifice those pigs I'm also herding to the volcano god and be rid of the filthy pig critters.

Oh please make sheep drop mutton! That way I can sacrifice those pigs I'm also herding to the volcano god and be rid of the filthy pig critters.

pigs are useless. for meat I would use cows (if I could find any. The ones on my world disappeared without me killing them.)

pigs are useless. for meat I would use cows (if I could find any. The ones on my world disappeared without me killing them.)

Make sure you updated TFC_Textures. Bioxx created "TFC Cows" so we could milk them with the new wooden buckets. They're probably still there, just invisible because they don't have their texture file.

On topic: I would love to cook some mutton up. Nom nom nom.

Make sure you updated TFC_Textures. Bioxx created "TFC Cows" so we could milk them with the new wooden buckets. They're probably still there, just invisible because they don't have their texture file.

On topic: I would love to cook some mutton up. Nom nom nom.

Offtopic again: believe me, you KNOW when you didn't install the texture.

Ontopic: I'm suprised there isn't allready mutton, given that notch added meat for every passive mod except sheep and squid.

Ontopic: I'm suprised there isn't allready mutton, given that notch added meat for every passive mod except sheep and squid.

Speaking of which - calamari

Speaking of which - calamari

The more food sources, the better!

Almost all non toxic animals are eaten in rl as well as several toxic ones. As well as a large amount of plants, poisonous or not.

Have baby sheepies drop lamb. Mmmmmmm lamb.

Have baby sheepies drop lamb. Ummmmmm lamb.

...no.

There's a reason baby animals don't even drop exp in vanilla.

I think that was a facetious comment. But anyway I would love calamari (if just for teh lolz)

I think that was a facetious comment. But anyway I would love calamari (if just for teh lolz)

It was indeed.

It's Eternal, so it was probably a lame joke. :U

In case it wasn't, I'm against videogame animal rights. People should be able to chose whether or not they want to kill innocent baby rams and ewes. They would provide less meat, and you would be sacrificing the primary benefits to having a sheep anyway.

Posted ImageCooked Posted ImageRaw Calamari

Doubled sized for the forums XD

I think both mutton and calamari should fill the same amount of hunger as pork.

Your affinity with pixels both amazes and arouses me. Even through the blurriness caused by resizing. (Please don't do that to your pixels.)

I only resized it for the forums, the originals are so tiny >.>

I do agree the blurriness is awful.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

He did not say that you didnt install it. He said to update it.

He did not say that you didnt install it. He said to update it.

I updated it for 38 and there are still no cows anywhere.

Edit: at least in my singleplayer world, I did see them in multiplayer.

I only resized it for the forums, the originals are so tiny >.>

I do agree the blurriness is awful.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You should be able to change the algorithm used to resize in Photoshop. I believe it gives you a choice. You just need to change where it says 'bilinear' (or 'bicubic') to 'nearest neighbour,' but I'm not exactly sure if that's right as it's been ages since I used Photoshop.

You should be able to change the algorithm used to resize in Photoshop. I believe it gives you a choice. You just need to change where it says 'bilinear' (or 'bicubic') to 'nearest neighbour,' but I'm not exactly sure if that's right as it's been ages since I used Photoshop.

Yup. It also affects the free transform tool as well (which is a lifesaver when I'm doing pixel art).

Thanks! I guess I never played around with the settings enough to realise that XD

I fixed all of the other ones.

Another idea, idk if this has been suggested yet, is pies!

3 wheat to make an unbaked pie crust.

---

W-W

-W-

Unbaked pie crust( C)+ 5 fruit(F) + sugar(S) = Unbaked (Fruit Name here) Pie

FFF

FSF

-C-

(meat pies would be different though)

Then of course you put the pie on a fire source to cook XD

I am thinking for all that work it should fill a lot of hunger.

Cherry pie cookedPosted Image uncooked Posted Image

Peach pie cookedPosted Image uncooked Posted Image

Plum Pie cooked Posted Image uncooked Posted Image

Yay lazily drawn pies =D