Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

I like that idea, although removal of the stone shovel is unnecessary, nothing unbelievable about that.

I'm thinking too brittle, difficult to put on a stick, and heavier than it ought to be for what it's meant to do considering what it's made of.

I'm thinking too brittle, difficult to put on a stick, and heavier than it ought to be for what it's meant to do considering what it's made of.

Honestly, you could get a flat rock and just dig through dirt like that.

most early stone tools did not even HAVE wooden handles, which is why I think the mechanics of stone tools ought to be slightly different. (stone knives and stone "shovels" really ought not to need sticks.

bumping thread to add my own tiny tweak :U -and for ripping off that face from Lumi too-

Make the tool head+stick recipe shapeless. It's not like Steve was stupid and needed you to place the head over the stick for him to realize the head goes in the top of the stick... I mean, he even works with alloys...

Allow shears to be made from metals other than iron. There's no reason other metals shouldn't be useable, pretty sure sharpened stone could be used for cutting hair just as easily as iron, and thus things like zinc, tin, bronze, etc should be useable.

I realise this has already been suggested in part elsewhere, but it still feels like a minor tweak.

Allow shears to be made from metals other than iron. There's no reason other metals shouldn't be useable, pretty sure sharpened stone could be used for cutting hair just as easily as iron, and thus things like zinc, tin, bronze, etc should be useable.

I realise this has already been suggested in part elsewhere, but it still feels like a minor tweak.

I'm pretty sure that soon we're going to see both shears and shearing overhauled. Maybe alongside the butchery update. I believe there was a comment from dunkle about using a knife to rough-shear sheep corpses as a possibility - I imagine that's only part of what they're doing. Maybe being able to us a stone (or any material) knife for shearing in the short term, if they have the time to update it?

Honestly, you could get a flat rock and just dig through dirt like that.

We're talking a cubic meter of soil here. You need a bonafide spade, not a tiny baby shovel. :U

I think you should be able to use saw+logs to get increased # of supports like you do for planks

has anyone thought of using a saw to cut down a tree? this would give you tree blocks so people could make better looking houses.

also what if we could carve logs ? people could create proper log cabins (in the sence that you would need to notch holes in the trunks to fit them together).

boats could also be made in a similar fashion

first nations groups along the bc coast carved canoes and small sail boat from single trees, so why can't we ?

lastly what about crossed windows ? everyones seen a picture of a cabin or of an older house. non of those houses have a solid window as they didn t exist at the time. why not make it so we can add sticks to some glass panes to make crossed windows.

has anyone thought of using a saw to cut down a tree? this would give you tree blocks so people could make better looking houses.

also what if we could carve logs ? people could create proper log cabins (in the sence that you would need to notch holes in the trunks to fit them together).

boats could also be made in a similar fashion

first nations groups along the bc coast carved canoes and small sail boat from single trees, so why can't we ?

lastly what about crossed windows ? everyones seen a picture of a cabin or of an older house. non of those houses have a solid window as they didn t exist at the time. why not make it so we can add sticks to some glass panes to make crossed windows.

Added in brief to the OP

Added in brief to the OP

:)

idea: wood chips

wood chips would be randomly created when working with wood products (ie when you make wood planks you get a small stack of chips)

these chips can be burned in a fire pit to increase the amount of heat, but only for a short amount of time

What about saw dust?

What about saw dust?

true hmm

should saw dust and wood chips do the same thing or have other purposes

saw duct could be "pulped" with water in a structure called a "vat"

pulp could be used to make paper :)

true hmm

should saw dust and wood chips do the same thing or have other purposes

saw duct could be "pulped" with water in a structure called a "vat"

pulp could be used to make paper :)

This. Also, maybe sugar canes could be reduced to cane pulp(by crafting them with some tools), which would be used for significantly higher amounts of paper than using saw dust?

This. Also, maybe sugar canes could be reduced to cane pulp(by crafting them with some tools), which would be used for significantly higher amounts of paper than using saw dust?

hmm

agreed

any ideas for how we would make a vat? i am thinking 5 blocks of smooth stone or wood planks in a bowl shape on the ground

add water, suger cane or wood chips / saw dust and you get pulp

anouther way could be that the vat is built above a fire pit

the heat from the pit boils the pulp and you get more pulp from the process

hmm

agreed

any ideas for how we would make a vat? i am thinking 5 blocks of smooth stone or wood planks in a bowl shape on the ground

add water, suger cane or wood chips / saw dust and you get pulp

anouther way could be that the vat is built above a fire pit

the heat from the pit boils the pulp and you get more pulp from the process

It could be made out of clay brick blocks -assuming you still can make them-, because if this pulp thing is replacing the normal way to make paper, then you would be unable to make the scribing table, which would make imposible to make plans, which would make imposible to make both chisels and pickaxes, needed to make and mine those smooth stone blocks to begin with. And no, i didn't forgot about the plank blocks thing, but i'm on for the firepit below option, and placing planks over a fire it's not the best of the ideas -although i think it may not burn because the boiling water would mantain the wood temperature below the needed temperature to burn the wood-

What could be done, is allow the player to have an inefficient method of creating paper by hand, by say, using a hammer with many pieces of the cane/Flax(if added) and mixing it with water and heating it. then after obtaining the one piece of paper he could go onto scribing tables to make plans, but i also like your guys' ideas about paper as well.

It could be made out of clay brick blocks -assuming you still can make them-, because if this pulp thing is replacing the normal way to make paper, then you would be unable to make the scribing table, which would make imposible to make plans, which would make imposible to make both chisels and pickaxes, needed to make and mine those smooth stone blocks to begin with. And no, i didn't forgot about the plank blocks thing, but i'm on for the firepit below option, and placing planks over a fire it's not the best of the ideas -although i think it may not burn because the boiling water would mantain the wood temperature below the needed temperature to burn the wood-

Too big guys, make a new thread

As a general rule, if I can't sum it up in one line on the OP, it's too big an idea for here

Too big guys, make a new thread

As a general rule, if I can't sum it up in one line on the OP, it's too big an idea for here

will do

i ll start one right away :)

so i believe this might be the right category for this. my thought was for the chisel. more specifically adding a chisel mode or two even. the first being slopes. and the second being something along the lines of hieroglyphs. you could impliment this as a sandstone dependent mode and that would be enough, but i also think maybe a smooth stone setting would be kinda fun.

I think these could maybe be more bugs then tweaks but they are very minor things so I post them here:

Why do my horizontal supports pop away when I place them on a 1 piece high vertical support like this:

H==

H = vertical

= = horizontal

And supports also act strangely when right-clicked above water: They get invisible and pop up if you place two of them together.

the ability to place support beams on top of roof supports

so i believe this might be the right category for this. my thought was for the chisel. more specifically adding a chisel mode or two even. the first being slopes. and the second being something along the lines of hieroglyphs. you could impliment this as a sandstone dependent mode and that would be enough, but i also think maybe a smooth stone setting would be kinda fun.

There's already a smoothing setting, and slopes in minecraft are blasphemy

adding the heiroglyphs tho - I love little aesthetic channges like that :3

I think these could maybe be more bugs then tweaks but they are very minor things so I post them here:

Why do my horizontal supports pop away when I place them on a 1 piece high vertical support like this:

H==

H = vertical

= = horizontal

And supports also act strangely when right-clicked above water: They get invisible and pop up if you place two of them together.

They pop off like that because horiz. supports are supposed to go on TOP of vert. ones. Not to the side.

Supports by design pop away if you place them where they don't belong.

In essence, H= will not work, but

=

H will

Oh, yeah, i just remembered another annoying thing about the knapping GUI... If this:

XOOOX

XOOOX

XOOOX

XOOOX

XXOXX

Makes a shovel, why this:

OOOXX

OOOXX

OOOXX

OOOXX

XOXXX

doesn't? and also, the sideway version should make it as well:

XXXXX

XOOOO

OOOOO

XOOOO

XXXXX

What i'm asking for is, that the knapping GUI needs not to be too specific for the recipes. I don't want to, just because i accidentaly clicked a stone flake i didn't wanted to, lose the entire rock and have to start over again. In short...

"Make the knapping GUI smarter, so the recipes only need the pattern to be the same as the tool you want to make, and don't need to be centered."