Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RogueHydra

World Height - more room underground?

17 posts in this topic

Since the new world height has been raised, is it easy or even possible to raise the ocean/surface level so you can have a deeper underground? In vanilla I always thought that the trip to bedrock was way too short. And honestly, even some of my larger constructions don't even reach the maximum world height limit.

I really want to do this and have explored it in the past but my experimentations have always ended in utter failure. I'm sure I'll figure it out one day!

If you figure it out, I'd suggest you cut the difference, and have a slightly higher, slightly deeper world.

They extended the world height.... awkwardly.. its technically two chunk sets on top of each other, this makes extending the worlds a bit more complicated ;)

They extended the world height.... awkwardly.. its technically two chunk sets on top of each other, this makes extending the worlds a bit more complicated ;)

Yes it's terribly annoying. Dunkleosteus is looking at it but he has been htting the same roadblocks as me. We'll see.

Would really like too see a deeper subterranean playingfield, this mod isn't really about building things above the clouds, imo of course... Maybe it can be an option for world generation if you discover it is possible? That way the mod might be more compatible rather than if the core choice is the altered height...

Yes it's terribly annoying. Dunkleosteus is looking at it but he has been htting the same roadblocks as me. We'll see.

That sucks. I do hope it can be figured out though. If possible, mountain generation above 128 would be SO awesome.

Well that certainly shed some light as to why I hadn't seen anyone do that before lol. When they doubled the height of the world that was the first thing I wanted to see was a mod that raises ocean level. I didn't realize that the chunks didn't double in height, just 2 chunks stacked up. That seems frustrating.

on the minecraft wiki there is a mod that makes the woulds huge. if you like i can get the link to it?

on the minecraft wiki there is a mod that makes the woulds huge. if you like i can get the link to it?

i dont know if the world generation is all that is has to do with it, might be ore generation as well. also i dont think it creates the same kind of world

I wasn't initially suggesting a bigger world, just moving sea level up so there was more underground vs surface room since I don't even use 50% of the surface. I guess I'm a natural dwarf builder since I like to build into mountains, not on them :)

you and me both it's a waste of resorces building a house when you can just make a cave into a house.

I really want to do this and have explored it in the past but my experimentations have always ended in utter failure. I'm sure I'll figure it out one day!

I'm nobody to tell you what to do, but even then...

I think this is kind of unexplored territory right now. Why don't you focus on other assets more easy to fix first, and let other mods do the rocket science until it's more clear how the thing works and how it can be modified? I'm confident we wont miss that extra room if we get other things to keep us busy. Agriculture? Pottery? Basic chemistry?

Anyone new to this thread: The height for the Pre-Beta 2 has been increased to 145, but at the moment there are problems with it. See the thread about the unfair cave generation in the suggestions to see what I mean.

And he is working on other things as well. He seems to have things planned out to develop in sections. Don't worry about it.

Hmm I wonder what he'll do to better dungeons, strongholds and abandoned mines if he's keeping them?

This thread has gone a little off topic from a suggestion and the new world height is implemented.