Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EstebanLB

Use shears to craft wool into carpets!

42 posts in this topic

First, the temporary shears recipe could be changed to be in line with the other metal tools. With plans and smithing only one ingot of every kind of metal. I scketched some plans that I think resembles the final tool, it could then be combined with a stick(the item has a wooden handle) or not.

Posted Image

Then, you use the crafting grid to create the carpets. Maybe only 4, or 8 like in the pic. Some of the material maybe lost when cutting it so you would end with less volume in total.

Posted Image

They could be like the pressure plates, ocuppying one pixel less on the sides so you can see the floor material below.

Posted Image

BUT they will autoconnect with other carpet blocks so you end up with these:

Posted Image

They look better, don't they?Neat!

On walls:

Posted Image Posted Image

And finally, on stairs:

Posted Image

But they could also autoconnect on the edge so you don't end up with something like this(I don't know if this is posible since the edge block in this case would be ocuppying an extra space that it's suppossed to be an air block):

Posted Image

I don't know if the stairs thing would be possible at all because when you place a carpet block on the ground, you can't place it on the wall ocuppying the same space, the same way you can't place 2 torches like this:

Posted Image

Some problems can be resolved by making them behave more like ladders, vines and such. But I'm no that experienced in the MC code base to tell that :(

Note: I did all this changing the texture of stone blocks and chiseling them, also, Photoshop :)

Awesome Idea, I usually make carpet out of wool when I get enough and this would surely reduce the amount of wool needed. It definitely needs to autocorrect on the edges like you're saying if possible. Always a fan of elaborate decoration. +1

+1 for this - always wanted this even in vanilla. First nice house I made I wanted a cobble floor with a Persian rug ;D

Yeah, I'm a big fan. +1

I love the idea of adding more decorative blocks :)

Good idea bro, here, have some exquisite gems:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(They should add the TFC gems as a smiley, so we can give gems in the same way they give diamonds in the minecraft forum :P )

+1 on idea +9001 on the gemstone smiley idea

Agree'd, I doubt it would be hard to implement, and it would be a nice little addition to the forum :)

Guy, why don't you make a wee post about it ? I'd +1 it :)

Perhaps Eloraam could be convinced to offer a few tips and tricks on how she did the microblocks in redpower?

It would probably be a lot more difficult to do than just use shears, but yeah, it could happen

I like it. Pretty easy to add with the partial block code. I'll get around to adding it when i get a chance.

Great, my house's walls will not be just plain wood anymore :3

Great, my house's walls will not be just plain wood anymore :3

Wait... carpeted walls? whoa.... i need to do that.

Wait... carpeted walls? whoa.... i need to do that.

If you look at the OP, one of his examples was in fact a carpeted wall... that's why i had the idea.

Also, it's pretty lame to make a two-blocks wall just for having wool on the inside and wood on the outside.

Thats it, I'm going to build an entirely (wall, floor and maybe roof) carpeted room for bachelor Steve. It will be tasteless and garish. Everything a young mans house should be :D

Glad to see a topic that didn't descend into the weird and unusual (the sluice change topic er mer gerhd)

I always want to have a nice fine wool texture (btw a retexture for more believable wool would be tops) on my floor, but it didn't meld with the walls and seemed a bit too much a fire hazard.

Edit: I use parenthesis way too much much (new years resolution.....danget!) <- no need to be self-conscious (I do it too)

Edited by dunkleosteus

Lol, wait, dunk, you can edit our posts?

Lol, wait, dunk, you can edit our posts?

Lol all the forum OPs can

Dunk, Bioxx, Spans...

...I'm sure Dunk will edit this with anyone I forgot lol

Dunk: Crysyn

Hydra: Hydra too (apparently) (which also overwrote the "edited by" from Dunk)

OP here: Case in point.

Edited by EternalUndeath

I feel I'd rather be down on my self than a blow hard, but still on with carpets. What about fur covering? Would love to warm up to the fire on a nice ocelot Persian cat rug I hunted down and killed that day after a hunting expedition to the depths of the jungle in search of new medicinal herb- ok that's another topic for another day. And before this is brought up these will, of course, be squares of a fur, as I wouldn't want to impose the burden of multiblock single click placement.

hey while we're at it, let's bring in some stuff from the Additional Chisel Functions thread.

Let's add in weaving. Useful for making bolts of cloth and making patterns in carpets or tapestries.

(if you haven't seen the other thread, check it out)

I feel I'd rather be down on my self than a blow hard, but still on with carpets. What about fur covering? Would love to warm up to the fire on a nice ocelot Persian cat rug I hunted down and killed that day after a hunting expedition to the depths of the jungle in search of new medicinal herb- ok that's another topic for another day. And before this is brought up these will, of course, be squares of a fur, as I wouldn't want to impose the burden of multiblock single click placement.

Doctor Livingstone, I presume?