Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GHOzzD

Why not remove shitty vanilla mobs? And magic.

141 posts in this topic

Hmmm... True, and I agree. I don't think cinnabar should be redstone though, redstone has it's place in industry, not here. I couldn't even find a use for redstone in this mod, nice to have a break.

we mainly left redstone in in case we got a shitstorm for taking it out

we mainly left redstone in in case we got a shitstorm for taking it out

That's a pretty good reason... I created a new (useless) logic gate though and an efficient escalator, I wouldn't lay a finger on that stuff in this mod. Although some people probably think they could use it and rage.

That's a pretty good reason... I created a new (useless) logic gate though and an efficient escalator, I wouldn't lay a finger on that stuff in this mod. Although some people probably think they could use it and rage.

we're probably going to take redstone out. Might replace it with something else.

I'm starting to think that TFC might get into the industrial age... (don't tell Bioxx i said that though lol)

I think once all the infrastructure is in place, we're not going to be able to stop and we'll probably just keep adding more features.

you could always make the industrial features an add-on package, that can be included or not (sort of like how redpower has separate modules)

that way bioxx can still continue with the central mod the way he wants it to be, and the other content can be developed for the people who may like to progress to more technology.

you could always make the industrial features an add-on package, that can be included or not (sort of like how redpower has separate modules)

that way bioxx can still continue with the central mod the way he wants it to be, and the other content can be developed for the people who may like to progress to more technology.

+1

+2

Lol, you just remembered me the compatibility list xD tomorrow i will update it again :3

probably not. We're not going to jump ahead of ourselves lol. We probably won't enter any sort of industrial tech before we've finished with the classical/medieval period. Besides, you won't be able to use any industrial tech until you work up to it. The reason the industrial age didn't start 1000 years earlier is because the technology to start it didn't exist (or the drive to). Similarly in TFC, you won't be able to industrialize until very late game.

probably not. We're not going to jump ahead of ourselves lol. We probably won't enter any sort of industrial tech before we've finished with the classical/medieval period. Besides, you won't be able to use any industrial tech until you work up to it. The reason the industrial age didn't start 1000 years earlier is because the technology to start it didn't exist (or the drive to). Similarly in TFC, you won't be able to industrialize until very late game.

Well if you want to get semi technical, the reason the industrial age didn't start 1000 years ago is because of the rise of christianity and the western european monarchy's funded (and failed) crusades to the middle east, which resulted in quite a lot of book burnings and the onset of the dark ages

If western europe was the only location on the globe, that would be true. Luckily for all of us, scientific advancement continued elsewhere. I'm not particularly convinced that western europe is so crucial to scientific discovery that joining their efforts with the rest of the world's would have advanced the clock by as many as 700 years.

Well if you want to get semi technical, the reason the industrial age didn't start 1000 years ago is because of the rise of christianity and the western european monarchy's funded (and failed) crusades to the middle east, which resulted in quite a lot of book burnings and the onset of the dark ages

sssshhhhhh! we don't talk about religion here.

If western europe was the only location on the globe, that would be true. Luckily for all of us, scientific advancement continued elsewhere. I'm not particularly convinced that western europe is so crucial to scientific discovery that joining their efforts with the rest of the world's would have advanced the clock by as many as 700 years.

You're right, the muslim world kept the wheel of scientific progress turning. However, their advancements were mostly in the fields of mathematics and astronomy. China had a bit of chemistry going on but not much. The americas were largely still populated by spiritual and 'natural' peoples. Certain central americans mastered astronomy, but little (recorded) advancement of any other areas. And africa...

well, africa is STILL about 400 years behind, so obviously nothing there

Not until the italian renaissance did any major scientific advancement occur outside of the arab nations

sssshhhhhh! we don't talk about religion here.

Not religion, history

I actually had not thought of that Eternal, at least not in this aspect, however, i think it might be offset a bit by the severe lack of population to carry out the research needed, so... no assault rifles in 1100 XD ( poor example, but meh)

You're right, the muslim world kept the wheel of scientific progress turning. However, their advancements were mostly in the fields of mathematics and astronomy.

Mathematics is a big field, though, and India specifically and Syria to a lesser extent made a number of advancements in metallurgy specifically during that period. Though I imagine anyone would be hard pressed to prove a straight line between the crucible methods in the middle east and India and the eventual development of crucible steel in England, it's worth noting that a great deal of damascene steel was imported into Europe during the middle ages and experiment on, and to the extent that Europe had any metallurgy knowledge of its own prior to 1700 of a higher-level than "use Swedish iron", all of that knowledge was imported from the Middle East, or gained by messing around with steel already crafted there.

I agree with a lot and disagree with some. I think all hostile vanilla mobs except zombies and skeletons should be removed, and even those should be tweaked a lot. More hostile animals would be amazing, boars and aurochs and the like are confirmed.

I don't see why we need to be constrained to the Nether and End, either. The Nether is a kind of generic "Hell" type world and could be tweaked a whole lot to fit TFC. The End, on the other hand, isn't necessary at all as it's part of Minecraft's story/progression and should definitely be removed or come back as a completely different thing.

Magic(enchanting/brewing) will hopefully get completely rehauled eventually, as I wouldn't really want to see all fantastical elements removed from the game, just changing them or introducing suitable replacements is good enough.

I agree and would like to make a suggestion about enchanting, mabey instead of enchanting there could be a way to accesorise your tools for asthetics and practicallity: for exmple a pick with a certian stone/gem/metal on the tip would allow breaking a certian stone faster but another slower. this could be done through an encrusting? (other word...) table into witch a hammer and chisle is put and any tool. also weights could be put in so it is faster to use the tool but takes hunger or vice/versa. this could be implemented for any tool allowing people to make cooler and more usefl tools. and also the more expencive/rare the gem/etc is that is used the + becomes grater than the - so a diamond tipped chisle could have +50% while some other tip would make 10%. and if the player makes a mistake (like on the anvil) he could mess up badly and mabey even loose some durability or gems. wow i got lots of ideas LOL. sorry if this is too much.

Good ideas but a lot of these have been suggested besides the tool weight consuming hunger only when used. I would be curious though, hey Dunk is it possible to alter the sprite of an item without making a completely new item like with damage values or metadata or whatever?

Good ideas but a lot of these have been suggested besides the tool weight consuming hunger only when used. I would be curious though, hey Dunk is it possible to alter the sprite of an item without making a completely new item like with damage values or metadata or whatever?

hmmm.... Let me look into that for a second...

Nope, it appears not to, unless under very special circumstances. Most item images are set upon initialization, not as a get method. (for anyone who knows coding lol) Basically, it's the difference between minecraft saying "This is a sword, and it's image is HERE:****" and going to the sword each time and asking "Where was your sprite again?"

The special cases are things like compasses and clocks, which can change their appearance.

Can you force that special "flag" on other items? If not, that's okay too.

Can you force that special "flag" on other items? If not, that's okay too.

depends, what exactly are we trying to accomplish here?

We want the sprite to change if you put a gem in a tool, not that that will be added it would just make a nice possibility.

We want the sprite to change if you put a gem in a tool, not that that will be added it would just make a nice possibility.

If this game had higher quality graphics, I'd like to see gilt swords with gold and gems in it, but I just don't think there's much of a point.

Would the OBJ importer work for that?

What about tool Sprites changing depending on durability? You could potentially remove the durability bar (visually, since i cannot magically tell what strength my tool is at), if you had say, 3/4 sprites for each tool, with different amounts of wear, that could totally substitute it. Not sure whether that would be too realistic for this mod or not.

... i'm Russian.

Go Russia

I would think not new mobs but remeshed. I don't know how hard would this be but it would be awesome.

For example: squid actually has testicles.

Thanks.

Err... Tfc is not that kind of a mod EdVaArd... i personally would NOT want to see a squid's junk when i'm killing it :o

Err... Tfc is not that kind of a mod EdVaArd... i personally would NOT want to see a squid's junk when i'm killing it :o

What about a bull or ram? :P