Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Talinine

Basketweaving

48 posts in this topic

True that. But is it buoyant enough to hold a man.

oh that just gave me an interesting idea. What about a boat/raft-ish thing, something that would move slightly quicker (or maybe more maneuverability, I don't know), but eventually sinks (read as: breaks) after some given amount of time?...well.

the fact that there's a speed difference might be a coding issue...maybe it can be stackable? Something that makes the fact that it has a limited life span "worth it".

oh that just gave me an interesting idea. What about a boat/raft-ish thing, something that would move slightly quicker (or maybe more maneuverability, I don't know), but eventually sinks (read as: breaks) after some given amount of time?...well.

the fact that there's a speed difference might be a coding issue...maybe it can be stackable? Something that makes the fact that it has a limited life span "worth it".

I was going a different way with it - same speed, but disassembles for the same amount of materials it took to make it (and preferably craftable in inventory). Portability advantage as opposed to movement advantage.

maybe just thatch for early roofs without building supports in the middle of your mud huts or torch glitching it?

hmmm thatch sounds nice, maybe out of sticks or reeds or some other form of easily aquirable substance

as for those boats someone talked about earlier, native americans used hollowed out half logs as canose, maybe we could do the same?

Also hide for boats, but i imagine that would work Noodles.

I read somewhere about planks requiring a saw to get in one of the future updates. Having a "lower tier" chest of sorts would be useful then, such as a wicker basket block that holds less than an actual chest and doesn't extend into a double form. Shouldn't be extremely difficult to add code-wise, and the recipe would consist of two parts:

wicker:

sticks = /

/ / /

/ / /

/ / /

wicker basket:

wicker = #

# # #

# .. #

# # #

I read somewhere about planks requiring a saw to get in one of the future updates. Having a "lower tier" chest of sorts would be useful then, such as a wicker basket block that holds less than an actual chest and doesn't extend into a double form. Shouldn't be extremely difficult to add code-wise, and the recipe would consist of two parts:

wicker:

sticks = /

/ / /

/ / /

/ / /

wicker basket:

wicker = #

# # #

# .. #

# # #

we wouldn't take chests out without planning a backup early tier container for you.

I have a wee bit to add, maybe chests could be made later tier, requiring a saw to make them somehow... and the wicker would be the first storage system, or something along the lines of pottery, seeing as we have clay.

wicker:

sticks = /

/ / /

/ / /

/ / /

wicker basket:

wicker = #

# # #

# .. #

# # #

Very interesting, but you forgot a detail; as we won't have planks at the point where we will use this, were do we get the planks for the crafting table from? i mean, unless you want to extent the personal crafting grid, or crreate other pre-saw version of it.

Wow somehow i just missed that comment altogether, silly forums you didn't take me to last unread :/

The most obvious solutions would seem to be one of several:

If steve can throw 4 items together that he's holding, there's no reason he needs a table to throw together 9 when there is a floor all around him, so expanding the default crafting size.

Make a crafting table craftable from 4 raw logs.

Set down a full log pile and left click with the axe, instead of breaking, the log pile transforms into a crafting table.

If steve can throw 4 items together that he's holding, there's no reason he needs a table to throw together 9 when there is a floor all around him, so expanding the default crafting size.

Set down a full log pile and left click with the axe, instead of breaking, the log pile transforms into a crafting table.

1. no

2. fuck no.

3. no.

The crafting table doesn't just represent having 9 spots to put random shit in, it represents the fact that you have a decent workspace with tools available to you, hence your new ability to make more complex recipes

The crafting table doesn't just represent having 9 spots to put random shit in, it represents the fact that you have a decent workspace with tools available to you, hence your new ability to make more complex recipes

exactly, theres a reason that there are tools on the side texture of the bench

YES! We need basket weaving and sewing in TFC.

We need more skills that we need to master to live in luxury in middle of nowhere.

Today's civilizations knows nothing, you see, our ancestors had to build their own houses, buildings, roads, schools etc.etc. to live in peace, you just enjoy in what your father and grandfather built.

(back in TFC) After you finish with basics of survival - when you stabilize your income (food) and build a house and make at least a few (iron or higher) tools and weapons - you should decide what kind of life* you want to live.

-Life of an artist (Make extra money by selling books(if your'e good at writing in real life), works of art (if possible to add painting your own pictures in TFC) and such

-Life of an inventor (Possibly new skill in TFC with overly complex interface to make inventions more valuable) NOTE TO BIOXX: If you do this, don't give out recipes for inventions and make a huge crafting grid on a workbench specialized for inventions.

-Life of a scientist/doctor/alchemist (Making herbal medicine and such from tons of plants that are coming soon - Would go very good with injuries and diseases additions!)

-Life of industrial or agricultural worker (Smithing, sewing, metallurgy, agriculture and such)

-Life of a hunter/fisherman (I think you know what this is about.)

-Life of a businessman (Owning or managing your shop - possibly only possible on SMP)

-Life of an architect (Income only possible in SMP)

NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO EITHER MASTER ALL, SOME , OR FIND AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF GETTING SPECIFIC GOODS IN SINGLEPLAYER TFC!!!

ALSO, YOU WILL NEED TO MASTER SOME IN THE START!

*Lives in this post can also be interpreted as skills

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like this idea guys?

Sorry for any possible mistakes, grammatical or otherwise.

Feel free to say what parts you like or don't.

YES! We need basket weaving and sewing in TFC.

We need more skills that we need to master to live in luxury in middle of nowhere.

Today's civilizations knows nothing, you see, our ancestors had to build their own houses, buildings, roads, schools etc.etc. to live in peace, you just enjoy in what your father and grandfather built.

(back in TFC) After you finish with basics of survival - when you stabilize your income (food) and build a house and make at least a few (iron or higher) tools and weapons - you should decide what kind of life* you want to live.

-Life of an artist (Make extra money by selling books(if your'e good at writing in real life), works of art (if possible to add painting your own pictures in TFC) and such

-Life of an inventor (Possibly new skill in TFC with overly complex interface to make inventions more valuable) NOTE TO BIOXX: If you do this, don't give out recipes for inventions and make a huge crafting grid on a workbench specialized for inventions.

-Life of a scientist/doctor/alchemist (Making herbal medicine and such from tons of plants that are coming soon - Would go very good with injuries and diseases additions!)

-Life of industrial or agricultural worker (Smithing, sewing, metallurgy, agriculture and such)

-Life of a hunter/fisherman (I think you know what this is about.)

-Life of a businessman (Owning or managing your shop - possibly only possible on SMP)

-Life of an architect (Income only possible in SMP)

NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO EITHER MASTER ALL, SOME , OR FIND AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF GETTING SPECIFIC GOODS IN SINGLEPLAYER TFC!!!

ALSO, YOU WILL NEED TO MASTER SOME IN THE START!

*Lives in this post can also be interpreted as skills

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like this idea guys?

Sorry for any possible mistakes, grammatical or otherwise.

Feel free to say what parts you like or don't.

No no no no no.

Are you kidding me?

At the risk of beating a bloody stain in the rug that used to be a horse, STEVE WILL NOT HAVE META SKILLS. EVER.

Let me make this perfectly clear right now to everyone.

This will not. Not. Not. Not.

Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Happen. Happen. Happen. Happen.

Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't

Suggest it anymore

Also holy shit dude, are you like the official TFC forums necromancer or something?

Also holy shit dude, are you like the official TFC forums necromancer or something?

I think he is, i've seen about 1/2 a dozen of his art today alone...

When I said skill I meant mastering a skill in a same way as forging on an anvil in current TFC.

If you can't understand that, that's your problem.

AND SERIOUSLY, IF THREAD AIN'T LOCKED WHY SHOULDN'T I POST MY OPINION!!??

YOU ARE TREATING FORUMS LIKE WEEABOOS TREAT ANIME- LIKE A GODDAMN RELIGION!

WHY, PEOPLE, WHY?!

WHAT'S NEXT, AN E-JIHAD?!

You truly are off to a good start on these forums...

Just because a thread isn't locked doesn't mean it's still relevant. That you often don't contribute much to the topic itself doesn't help much either.

-snip-

I already talked to you about the reason why it is bad practice (I know that this was posted before that though so I amn't going to go on)

Please try not to E-shout :S .. You will only succeed in encouraging people to take a dig at you for it.

As a rehabilitated flamer i would like to agree with Jed. However back to topic, these seem cool. What about baskets to extend inventory space?

Insert conflict-breaking comedy here:

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned helmets on. A man and his wife enter.

Man (Eric Idle): You sit here, dear.

Wife (Graham Chapman in drag): All right.

Man (to Waitress): Morning!

Waitress (Terry Jones, in drag as a bit of a rat-bag): Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings (starting to chant): Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings (singing): Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam (crescendo through next few lines)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife (shrieks): I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings (singing elaborately): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

I'd like to point out that the first thing the waitress offered was eggs and bacon. No spam :DDDDDDDD

I gave up reading about half way through page three

Summary: None of this is on topic, so bye bye topic.