Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Srgnoodles

Variation of Trunk Thickness in Differentiated Species of Flora (different trunk sizes for different trees)

85 posts in this topic

i was out walking my dog yesterday, and i walked by a house that had a birch tree in the front yard.

i noticed that those trees have really skinny trunks and it made me think, why dont they do this in mc?

so maybe different tree types would have different sized trunks. so like birch trees would be the size of a fence, but oak or ash trees would be full sized blocks, and anywhere in between for the other trees

My only response to this: What kind of dog do you have?

My only response to this: What kind of dog do you have?

my only answer: i have no freaking clue

my only answer: i have no freaking clue

no, your dog is all we really care about. post pics.

no, your dog is all we really care about. post pics.

no seriously i have no clue what breed my dog is

and i also dont know how to post pics

i totaly would if i did though

no seriously i have no clue what breed my dog is

and i also dont know how to post pics

i totaly would if i did though

post the image on an image hosting site, like imgur.

click the little photograph icon in the comment editing picture.

second row, 11th from the left. Paste the link to the image in the URL space.

post.

Alternatively, you could type [ image ]

(with out spaces) paste the URL between the two

and end it with [ / image ]

man, this idea must be AMAZING! Just look at how quickly the thread derailed!

man, this idea must be AMAZING! Just look at how quickly the thread derailed!

yeah so back on topic what do you guys think about it?

We're still waiting for the dog...

(okay... i think the idea is not bad, but it's one of those small aesthetic ideas, that are cool but do not have priority right now. ;) )

We're still waiting for the dog...

(okay... i think the idea is not bad, but it's one of those small aesthetic ideas, that are cool but do not have priority right now. ;) )

but that would require me to make an account on imagur or whatever and actually do work

you don't need an account on imgur to upload pictures.

you don't need an account on imgur to upload pictures.

oh rl'yeh?

k then

a>

yeah i dont think its working

I use tinypic.com. Its free, and the only problem is if you cant read capchca

Personally, while i do enjoy bringing these nice acetic touches into the game, I am not for this idea. I rather enjoy the full block sized parts

Posted Image

yeah i dont think its working

for fuck's sake dude, just click the picture next to the blue <> below the smiley menu

i dont think that the work (there was allready a thread with this real lumber or something) would have a benefit, although if the "microblocks" ( i think they where kind of confirmed for the chisel) are implemented, then maybe it would make less work, and the devs may have a look at it

I am actually somewhat for this idea, it would bring nice variation to the scenery, I can see one major setback though.

While changing the size of any tree that is straight would be no issue(it's been done with fruit trees, and it can be chiseled into stone), there would be the issue of branching trees. Merely changing the size of the trunks would then result in floating branches, if they're not full-scaled to begin with.

Of course, considering the way fruit trees are built, and how fences work, it would be perfectly feasible "I think"(not much java experience myself) to code it. This in turn could of course lead to issues if two trees of the same type are growing next to each other, and like any change of code, unexpected bugs could start appear.

All this aside, if it can be done, I'm all for it, though I have to agree that aesthetic changes that has little effect on gameplay would have to give way to more important things that the devs are working on. When the mod is no longer in beta, and things have been fleshed out to satisfaction in all or most areas that are planned, I would love to see a patch or two containing only aesthetic changes, to make the already awesome mod more beautiful as well.

Just my thoughts on the topic. =P

for fuck's sake dude, just click the picture next to the blue <> below the smiley menu

yeah thats what i did, it showed a weird little thingy, and then when i post it, it just shows the code

Just my thoughts on the topic. =P

thanks yeah i was wondering what would happen for the branched trees but yeah i agree

You have a very cute dog, and varying tree thickness would be very nice. Maybe even the thicker trunks require metal axes to be cut? Such as sequioia/kapok/other

You have a very cute dog, and varying tree thickness would be very nice. Maybe even the thicker trunks require metal axes to be cut? Such as sequioia/kapok/other

well i think we should keep it as it is where it takes longer and uses more durrability to cut harder/thicker logs

What if trunks got thicker as trees grew?

What if trunks got thicker as trees grew?

well you see peffern, some trees are just skinnier than others. a birch tree is going to be way skinnier than an oak of the same age, so that just doesnt work

I'm assuming your joking I don't see why it would be difficult to make the growth equation a little different for each tree.

I'm assuming your joking I don't see why it would be difficult to make the growth equation a little different for each tree.

eh but then after a few weeks you'd have this big old honking tree thats supposed to be all slender and small