Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Dragons, ideas. community collaberation page

209 posts in this topic

No need cause the dragon already crushed the blender when I tried to put him in it.

I will assume you are telling us this from the heaven. Or hell. Or wherever you went to.

How does it feels to die from the anger of a dragon?

Like simultaneous dismemberment, combustion, dissolvation, and waterboarding.

Like simultaneous dismemberment, combustion, dissolvation, and waterboarding.

waterboarding? how would being killed by a dragon feel like drowning,

well maybe drowning in your own blood...

No, the dragon uses venom to prevent your blood from carrying oxygen, and seeps through the walls of your lungs when the blood passes by to become oxygenated.

...actually, that sounds like one of the most awesomely disgusting ways to die.

wtf guys. It's a plain ass fire breathing dragon. It will be big and scary and deadly. And have lots of cool loot. Stuff you can't get anywhere else, like maybe unique tool recipes that you can't find anywhere else (or craft) and maybe some enchanted armour???? who knows? (I sure as fuck don't)

wtf guys. It's a plain ass fire breathing dragon. It will be big and scary and deadly. And have lots of cool loot. Stuff you can't get anywhere else, like maybe unique tool recipes that you can't find anywhere else (or craft) and maybe some enchanted armour???? who knows? (I sure as fuck don't)

Well, thank you for the probably intentional spoiler, but we just were going a bit off topic while keeping in the topic -if taht makes any sense :-. Still talking about dragons, but not about serious suggestions.

At least, that's what i understood... o.o

EDIT: The thread exclusively made for dragons has reached 10 pages pretty fast :D we may get it bigger than Eternal's metathread if we keep going.

Will there be different types of dragons? Even if it's just a different texture?

Hmmm... Should randomobs be a thing in TFC?

Will there be different types of dragons? Even if it's just a different texture?

Hmmm... Should randomobs be a thing in TFC?

no sir, unless you count the enderdragon?

Yuck.

The enderdragon was a nice idea, I admit, but it was implemented really fucking badly.

Yuck.

The enderdragon was a nice idea, I admit, but it was implemented really fucking badly.

sigh, Notch y u abandon your game to the mostrosity that is known as Jeb???

Jeb's a good coder, you can't deny that, but he's REALLY bad at game design.

Designing a game for the masses is just not effective. Hell, it really is impossible to make a game for everyone.

Jeb's a good coder, you can't deny that, but he's REALLY bad at game design.

Designing a game for the masses is just not effective. Hell, it really is impossible to make a game for everyone.

yeah i cant say that jeb is bad at code, i just didnt like the direction minecraft went after Notch left it

yeah i cant say that jeb is bad at code, i just didnt like the direction minecraft went after Notch left it

I would have to agree with you there. From the perspective of a programmer, I can see jeb's code and I can tell that he is neither a bad programmer nor stupid in general, he's actually quite good, but I think his game sense is a bit off. He doesn't balance things properly or make them logical or follow any sort of theme. After notch left it seems that while certain annoyances the community had and wanted fixed for ages were getting solved (corner and upside down stairs, for example) minecraft started turning into a mash-up of genres and ideas with no real coherence or order, and it doesn't look good.

On the topic of jeb and his programming, I find it really annoying when i see certain modders on the forums pissing on notch and mojang when the only features of their mods are so dead easy that you can tell they've barely been coding at all. In particular, I saw a mod that changed the recipe for diamond pickaxes to use something other than diamond (dirt i think?, this was before creative) and if I were to do that, I would have to change ONE word in all 300+ class files that minecraft has. Most modders don't know the first thing about terrain gen or anything more complicated than items.

All I know about modding is that the complexity of implementation goes something like this(Least complex to most complex, and feel free to correct me):

New Crafting recipe, no new items

New item

New block

New single-block tile entity

New entity

New multi-block structure tile entity

On the subject of the Ender Dragon, it feels kind of.... gimmicky, with the whole "Destroys all blocks it passes through" deal. At least, that's how I find it.

All I know about modding is that the complexity of implementation goes something like this(Least complex to most complex, and feel free to correct me):

New Crafting recipe, no new items

New item

New block

New single-block tile entity

New entity

New multi-block structure tile entity

On the subject of the Ender Dragon, it feels kind of.... gimmicky, with the whole "Destroys all blocks it passes through" deal. At least, that's how I find it.

That seems correct, but I'd like to expand on it:

Change existing recipe.

new crafting recipe(no new items)

new item

new item with new crafting recipe.

new block, getting new mobs to spawn in the world

new tile entity

new tree gen code

new multiblock tile entity/block

new/different block/tile entity rendering

new mob, mob entity

new mob rendering

override vanilla features to be replaced with own

new biome gen

complex mob model

revamp vanilla features, entities etc

complex mob model rendering

complex mob model walking animation and living animation

terrain gen, 256 world gen etc

EDIT: one of the factors that increases difficulty is the math involved. A lot of would be programmers i see are in highschool. The terrain gen uses noise generators and all sorts of stuff that I won't get into (mostly because I haven't looked too much at it) but the mob animation for example, i had to use calculus and trigonometry to get the legs to move correctly, (notch set up mob walking animation to be dependant off a single radian value which increases while the mob walks, so I had to take that number and make each section of the limb bend, straighten, lift etc at the right moments). Some of that stuff gets too complex for people.

well then again, we'd need a friggin huge blender to blend an entire dragon, but if we do,

DRAGON SMOOTHIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!

...Et tu, Noodles?

...Et tu, Noodles?

huh what? nothing going on here...

-hides glass beheind back-

-snip-

... You just made me wonder what the hardest, yet possible, thing to do while modding minecraft .-. is there something even harder than world gen modifications/replacements/whatever?

... You just made me wonder what the hardest, yet possible, thing to do while modding minecraft .-. is there something even harder than world gen modifications/replacements/whatever?

Complete engine rewrite?

how about dragon fangs? they could be used to make tools/weapons even more powerful than steel. they would work like knapping, when you place 2 fangs in your crafting inventory it would work exactly like the napping gui but with only 2 fangs you could only make knives, hoes, and shovels. to make larger things like swords picks and maces, you would need to take whatever the dragon uses to breath fire and combine it with coal in a crafting table to make dragon-coal, which could then be used to smelt dragon bones and fangs down into an ingot form and could then be used to make weapon's / tools stronger and more durable than steel.

how about dragon fangs? they could be used to make tools/weapons even more powerful than steel. they would work like knapping, when you place 2 fangs in your crafting inventory it would work exactly like the napping gui but with only 2 fangs you could only make knives, hoes, and shovels. to make larger things like swords picks and maces, you would need to take whatever the dragon uses to breath fire and combine it with coal in a crafting table to make dragon-coal, which could then be used to smelt dragon bones and fangs down into an ingot form and could then be used to make weapon's / tools stronger and more durable than steel.

I like the thought, but the tools in TFC won't be expanded upon.

So... How bout them dragons?

Or have we reached a nice point of closure?

I like the thought, but the tools in TFC won't be expanded upon.

awwww :(

'I like the thought, but the tools in TFC won't be expanded upon.'

Add to your list of 'Fantasy add ons'

after beta 3, post a add on mod with stuffs like this ;D

'I like the thought, but the tools in TFC won't be expanded upon.'

Add to your list of 'Fantasy add ons'

after beta 3, post a add on mod with stuffs like this ;D

no can do