Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Dragons, ideas. community collaberation page

209 posts in this topic

That said, I dislike the hydra/scylla idea. The models and hitboxes would be ridiculous

oh haha yeah imagine trying to code the hitbox with every single head n stuff:D haha bet that's pretty annoying..

...only 3 strongholds generate per world. Ever. It's a set value. It's not like a game saying 'health pickups only spawn 0.00001% of the time', it's more like 'here's 10 health kits. There are no pickups. I'd avoid monsters if I were you'. So strongholds can't really be said to be 'rare'.

Oh hey i didn't know that!! :) But now that i DO :

i think that's how the dragons should be handled...

There should be a finite number of dragons...maybe 2 or 3 maybe even only 1 !!!

even if they were added...this mod is not about dragons...so they should really only play a very minor role I think!

and if there is a finite number than it stays more interesting to meet one because you know...it's only one of 3 dragons generated in the world and you obviously got really lucky to meet him!

I agree with Dunk's statement that one should be in the arctic circle!

• I like this, because it would be a good reason to actually venture out to the arctic circle. Even if just to get some neat item's and go back.

Another one could be put in a underground cave system as was stated above!

• This would be nice because it would make caves even more interesting!! i love the design..but as there are no ores generated in their walls usually, except for a shitload of mobs there's nothing to gain from them! (oh okay...you do get a really awesome place to build sth of course..)
I haven't really decided for myself where I would put the last one,
  • jungles sound nice....aand oceans too...but i think actually the latter one....a dragon hoard in a "cave" under the sea would be really awesome and REALLY hard to find!!
so yeah..that's how i feel it should be!

Implement them! i'd love it!! but make it so that the SEARCH for the dragon is really really really hard!!

maybe make them leave traces here and there around their chunk so that you know you're getting kinda close...that'd would make it even more fun to search i assume...

Oh and about hostile or nice dragon:

i think it should be similar to npcs in dark souls:D if anyone has played it.. ;)

You can gain a lot of benefits from them...for example trading gems in for metals over your tech level or armor/weapons/tools/special items...

But you can also choose to kill them...get one or two special dragon items and get to steal their stuff (but not too much)

and then they're gone...

Depends on you which route your gonna take...and it would add an interesting aspect to multiplayer where people could actually choose to serve as a dragon guarding faction, which has a base at or near the dragon's lair! They could defend the dragon from aggressors or thiefs!

Edit: Oh and for the sake of strength balancing maybe they could have a strength parameter added in the config file..

For SSP it should be low enough to take them on alone (i know you (dunk and bioxx) dont like SSP but some people do;) ) when you have very high tier equipment and are well prepared.

But that would be way to easy for SMP so just add a multiplier that would increase the dragons attack strength and HP.

So if you have a 20 slot server you might set the multiplier to 20 maybe to make it really hard to take him down even for groups!

I made a little doodlyoo in class today (shoulda been listening to the lecture, but oh well) I can post if you guys like, it sorta what I would like to model a dragon after

I made a little doodlyoo in class today (shoulda been listening to the lecture, but oh well) I can post if you guys like, it sorta what I would like to model a dragon after

As if anyone is gona be like "no we totally don't wanna see your doodle." Well, maybe Eternal, I heard he doesn't like dragons at all.

heh if i tried to make a doodle of a dragon, it would end up being a line with a few lines for legs and maybe a line or two as wings

im guessing you aren't artisticaly challenged like me?

As if anyone is gona be like "no we totally don't wanna see your doodle." Well, maybe Eternal, I heard he doesn't like dragons at all.

heh if i tried to make a doodle of a dragon, it would end up being a line with a few lines for legs and maybe a line or two as wings

im guessing you aren't artisticaly challenged like me?

you tell me :)

Posted Image

you tell me :)

Posted Image

hah i love how it says DUNK right underneath it

but yeah it looks good, what class, might i ask, did you draw this in?

hah i love how it says DUNK right underneath it

but yeah it looks good, what class, might i ask, did you draw this in?

physics

T-rex with horns and wings. Frankly I think it's badass.

it's not quite a t-rex, but I did base some of the skull design on them.

I would also like to point out (it might not be clear) that it is rearing on it's back legs, they will be quadrapedal

it's not quite a t-rex, but I did base some of the skull design on them.

I would also like to point out (it might not be clear) that it is rearing on it's back legs, they will be quadrapedal

but will they blend?

That depends. What tier metal are you using for the rotor, and how many RedstoneWatts are powering you blender?

tin and 5 microwatts

That depends. What tier metal are you using for the rotor, and how many RedstoneWatts are powering you blender?

well then again, we'd need a friggin huge blender to blend an entire dragon, but if we do,

DRAGON SMOOTHIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Ryu, are you trying to crush the dragon or the blender? ;)

WOOOH dunk :D thats nice. very muscular dragon. Have you considered a little bit more point, but still bulky, head with ram style horns? those look BA. if your not sure what im talking about i can provide a picture.

WOOOH dunk :D thats nice. very muscular dragon. Have you considered a little bit more point, but still bulky, head with ram style horns? those look BA. if your not sure what im talking about i can provide a picture.

Fail post has failed.

Fail post has failed.

Fail post has failed.

Problems with the forums?

:P

Are you talking about me or what JAG?

I'm talking about the three posts in a row you made, saying the exact same thing... ._.

Thank you treyflix, but I know what I drew, and i like it the way it is. I also suck at drawing ram horns, but that's beside the point.

WTF forums? I'm really sorry for triple posting gus :0

WTF forums? I'm really sorry for triple posting gus :0

ah its okay

ps i love your picture

Ryu, are you trying to crush the dragon or the blender? ;)

No need cause the dragon already crushed the blender when I tried to put him in it.