Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abculatter_2

Hidden Fun Stuff

152 posts in this topic

What about slimestone? Just a small reference to Spum's latest episode on terra firma craft:

slimestone, if you jump on it it bounces you on with equal momentum, if you walk on it it will either slip you forward, or get you stuck in place :D can only be crafted by players "3

so how about, if you forge steel (or some other high teir metal) below a certain depth, it becomes Deepforged Steel, and it could have special properties and look incredibly badass when made into tools/armor

since pre-genned structures could be possible, what about a deku tree (Zelda reference) spawning in an oak biome (pre-death)? a large, pre-genned tree with a face on it.

why? a (hopefully) beautiful/interesting landmark for any world with no other gifts/side effects other than looking really awesome.

This could potentially be expanded into a heart tree for a very special 1 off biome with a beautifully dense forest rich with animal life with a heart tree at it's center. but of course that's way farther than just a single pre-genned tree in a world. thoughts?

since pre-genned structures could be possible, what about a deku tree (Zelda reference) spawning in an oak biome (pre-death)? a large, pre-genned tree with a face on it.

why? a (hopefully) beautiful/interesting landmark for any world with no other gifts/side effects other than looking really awesome.

This could potentially be expanded into a heart tree for a very special 1 off biome with a beautifully dense forest rich with animal life with a heart tree at it's center. but of course that's way farther than just a single pre-genned tree in a world. thoughts?

Deku trees are copyrighted I believe, but giant trees aren't I suppose, it's not really hidden though.

Okay... the whole time I was reading this thread I was thinking a rare golden chicken that lays golden eggs as a nod to Willy Wonka's golden goose. Not sure what the significance of the golden egg would be though.

since pre-genned structures could be possible, what about a deku tree (Zelda reference) spawning in an oak biome (pre-death)? a large, pre-genned tree with a face on it. why? a (hopefully) beautiful/interesting landmark for any world with no other gifts/side effects other than looking really awesome. This could potentially be expanded into a heart tree for a very special 1 off biome with a beautifully dense forest rich with animal life with a heart tree at it's center. but of course that's way farther than just a single pre-genned tree in a world. thoughts?

Ooh yes I like it! How about making it that you give gifts to the tree to make it acceptive of you, and then it allows you to get sticks and logs from the trees in its biome, and you can make better stuff with the sticks..

Um ok, this doesn't really count as "hidden" any more and I'm really inspired, so I'm gonna make a new suggestion on it :PHere

Vicious rare squid that attack players and drag them or their boats under.

Again, that's not really hidden... ._.

By hidden, we mean things you can only make by following somehow illogical steps you probably wouldn't follow if you didn't knew what's the final result; things you probably won't discover by accident. IMO.

Again, that's not really hidden... ._.

By hidden, we mean things you can only make by following somehow illogical steps you probably wouldn't follow if you didn't knew what's the final result; things you probably won't discover by accident. IMO.

either that or something that has purely asthetic value, like the lemons making explosion sounds or the B coin symbols

but yeah anything that is usefull has to be only accessible by stumbling upon it by accident

How bout smashing something with a blue steel hammer during a rainstorm makes a thunderbolt?

How bout smashing something with a blue steel hammer during a rainstorm makes a thunderbolt?

That idea makes my head a little thor.

How about if you build the glass facing the sun, the rising sun... it will spawn a sprite. The sprite does nothing but stand there and look creepy or ominous, and disappear as time passes, or you point the glass windows elsewhere.

How about if you build the glass facing the sun, the rising sun... it will spawn a sprite. The sprite does nothing but stand there and look creepy or ominous, and disappear as time passes, or you point the glass windows elsewhere.

So it will basically be a sprite of me? Lovely <3 i'd love to be honored by adding something related to me into the mod... BTW; nice room you got there.

Ok, ok, jokes apart... If you got enough snowballs, carrots and cobblestone blocks (they are obtainable in survival), you can craft a snowmen in this way:

CSK

XSX

XSX

C: cobblestone block (think of it as taking the individual rocks and placing them as the smile and eyes o the snowmen).

S: snow block.

K: carrot (had to give it a letter to make it different from the cobble :).

X: nothing.

Right clicking with it on the upper face of any block (if there's enough room above) will place the snowmen. It can only be placed on winter, regardless of where you are. It's kind of a statue of it really, 'cause it does not move. In a 25 blocks area around it, snow will gradually start to spawn on the ground. On Spring, when all the snow spawned melts away, the snowmen does as well; you get back both the carrot and the cobblestone (as rocks).

Why? 'cause we all like snow but not everyone likes to live in the poles... That's why :3

I'd like to see some inspiration taken from things such as the SCP universe; Just some strange, incredibly rare (or even only 1 existing) things that people would want to utilize or attempt to keep at bay

Things ranging from relatively benign things, like a bowl that occasionally spits out some water, or a totem that makes all animals near it stare at it during the day, but attracts mobs at night...

... To the more sinister things, such as an urn that creates small monsters that eat your crops to grow stronger and teleports to a place that many players congregate in.

Or perhaps a sea creature the size of an island that will occasionally wander near player settlements, allowing the exotic wildlife that lives on it to go to the mainland and attack its inhabitants?

You know, I think this deserves its own thread...

What about signs with weird text in random locations? From animes, popular culture, Minecraft-related, this kind of thing. Some people will try to find them all. Here are some ideas:

• "Gary was here, Ash is a loser!" (first Pokemon series - the antagonist Gary writes this in a sign just to piss the protagonist Ash. Any Pokemon fan will recognize this.)
  • "DESU DESU DESU" [4x] (Suiseiseki, a Rozen Maiden character uses to "spam" the word "desu" at the end of all sentences. 4channers used this for quite some time to derail and spam threads. Lots of 4channers play Minecraft and will be pleased with the reference.)
  • "100% Testificate Free!" (do I need to explain that?)
  • "Who cares about nickel? You found a weird sign!" (ditto)
  • et cetera.

And since most people want a reference to Dwarf Fortress, maybe an underground "dungeon" in x=0,z=0 with some dwarf statues would be a sensible nod to the game...

I would prefer a Dwarf Fortress reference that features a text detailing the player's fights at random time intervals, if you don't mind. Though, I would like to see that underground dungeon, but I would like it to be a dwarf fortress, rather.

I would love to see an alien invasion which has a 1% chance of happening every three years. They are tough but drop their armor and weapons if killed

I would love to see an alien invasion which has a 1% chance of happening every three years. They are tough but drop their armor and weapons if killed

I'm afraid that alien drops are to be forbidden, for being OP.

I'm afraid that alien drops are to be forbidden, for being OP.

Then again, are you sure that these invaders weren't using swords and armor made of a space metal that is short lived but high protection? They don't have to use laser guns and such

What I mean is that the extraterrestrials, when killed, can't drop phasers, lightsabers, blaster rifles, or any energy-based weaponry.

What I mean is that the extraterrestrials, when killed, can't drop phasers, lightsabers, blaster rifles, or any energy-based weaponry.

That's exactly what I was trying to say

Oh right...

I propose that these energy weapons, that fire energy bolts, can only be blocked by iron and higher-tier metals. Bronze will do, however.

ADD DWARVES. This mod is apparently based on dwarf fortress? Make dwarves rarely spawn in caves, where they eat and sleep for days on end and whine about the lack of booze.

ADD DWARVES. This mod is apparently based on dwarf fortress? Make dwarves rarely spawn in caves, where they eat and sleep for days on end and whine about the lack of booze.

nope and nope

this mod is only inspired by DF because Minsraft was inspired by DF

and NCP's or other human mobs are never happening....ever

We have bears, so why can't we have dwarves? They don't have to be intelligent.

However, I am against dwarves, so ignore that.

Anyways, some sort of or that has no texture and only registers when you click on it with a propick, so the propick would say nothing of interest even if you clicked right beside the ore.

It doesn't have to do anything, and once you mine it, the drop would be visible.