Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bsb23

Grass

71 posts in this topic

Dammit eternal no one was supposed to notice that! :P

Is that like a back handed "eternal" way of admitting I'm a senior member? :D

I'm curious about those specs too eternal... I'm on a computer hunt right now actually, I think I finally found a laptop that's under 600$ and can run minecraft on max settings while recording. Now to just get that last 200$ I need :/

Is that like a back handed "eternal" way of admitting I'm a senior member? :D

...No. It's a Zero Punctuation reference.

I just blew up my computer trying to install the new Ubuntu >.<

4.5 hours and I don't have a working OS. Pile of fuc...

...No. It's a Zero Punctuation reference.

Enlighten me.

Enlighten me.

K.

'Watch Zero Punctuation'

There ya go. That's the key to my reference, my personality, and my sex dungeon

enjoy.

... For some reason, i though it was a reference to this

|

|

V

Posted Image

Thread necromancy to get back to the topic of grass... :)

Tall grass is kind of annoying when you're trying to keep an area of your base or something looking nice. It would be cool if animals would go for tall grass first and eat that instead of just turning the grass into bare dirt (which is also ugly).

If you want to be evil, make them ONLY eat tall grass, so you have to give them enough land to prevent over-grazing.

Tall grass is kind of annoying when you're trying to keep an area of your base or something looking nice. It would be cool if animals would go for tall grass first and eat that instead of just turning the grass into bare dirt (which is also ugly).

If you want to be evil, make them ONLY eat tall grass, so you have to give them enough land to prevent over-grazing.

New and you alredy know these things? Welcome to the forums. And if you add something useful to the topic it sin't considered necromancy, but just topic reviving...then no deaths today

Well, i know some guys who want to be evil when they have the chance... namely, me :3 So i'm personally for that last sentence.

Well, i know some guys who want to be evil when they have the chance... namely, me :3 So i'm personally for that last sentence.

Ditto, but except for chickens. Chickens only really eat the little seeds and stuff anyway. But for bigger herbivores I totally agree. None of this thirty cattle crammed into a tiny corral and living forever on nothing.

As much as I LOVE this idea, isn't it then a bit limiting? Now we not only need to farm near already-spawned water, but we need to choose fertile bits as well? Water isn't hard to find, and fertile land probably wouldn't be hard to find... but fertile land next to water? That's the same difficulty squared.

now, adjust the coding such that fertile land has a higher chance to spawn near water? Then you might have something...

Umm... Find nice land and... bucket?

Umm... Find nice land and... bucket?

you will have played for a long time ere you can carry source block buckets ;)

btw spumwack did a amazing way of having a sink-like thing in his house, by using chiseled blocks and just a wooden water bucket, because the water doesnt flow through solids it stayed put :D

you will have played for a long time ere you can carry source block buckets ;)

btw spumwack did a amazing way of having a sink-like thing in his house, by using chiseled blocks and just a wooden water bucket, because the water doesnt flow through solids it stayed put :D

The finite water, when it occupies only one block, looks exactly the same as normal water. And it serves to the same purpose to normal water when it comes to crops ._. it will hidrate the soil.

ah, i didnt know that, farming is NOT MAH THANG, i'd rather trap 20 chickens in a pen and grab their eggs ;D

ah, i didnt know that, farming is NOT MAH THANG, i'd rather trap 20 chickens in a pen and grab their eggs ;D

And that's why your cholesterol levels are over 9000!!!!! the clouds.

well, i do eat fruit from fruit trees and all type of meat and vegetables if they are traded for, but i do not grow my own in TFC :D

The thing I like about TFC farming is you plant, then you don't have to worry about it for a month IRL. Single player that is.

dont have to worry about it for a month? are you insane? You need to worry about your crops irl from day 0. Everything from bird to bear will try ruining a crop.

Ditto, but except for chickens. Chickens only really eat the little seeds and stuff anyway. But for bigger herbivores I totally agree. None of this thirty cattle crammed into a tiny corral and living forever on nothing.

And then if they run out of tall grass, the larger animals like starving cows can bust your wooden fences on the way to pillage your crops. :)

(and while we're on the subject of evil, IRL bears will happily break open coolers and the like to get at your food, so maybe hungry bears should be able to break chests containing food...)

But that's getting off topic again. I just want the wooly lawn mowers! (and maybe keeping livestock on fallow land can add poo^H^H^Hnutrients)

When I said IRL I meant the timeframe was IRL, not the crops.