Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bsb23

Grass

71 posts in this topic

Aren't we always?

Aren't we always?

... Agreed.

Heck, we're in a derailment in this thread right now! This has nothing to do with grass!

That's because we don't have anything else to discuss in this thread, my friend. So we keep kicking this thread up 'till we get bored and finally left it behind.

It's the life cycle of most threads in this forums: It borns, it's discussed, we get to a conclusion, we go offtopic and we let it die.

I like!

I can't take it anymore...

*begins loading a gun*

*realises full irony of bump post*

I can't take it anymore...

*begins loading a gun*

*realises full irony of bump post*

This forum really needs a sage function...

The changing of grass being an X formation of two textures to a hash pattern of four textures essentially doubles the graphic impact of grass. Which currently isn't much of an issue in the game, but isn't really necessary for large fields to look nice like they already do. This is only really wanted for small patches of grass anyway.

*snip*

But fields of tall buffalo grass shimmering and waving in the prairie wind would be pretty cool. Of course I can just walk out my door and drive down the street to see that... but... winter. Hard to say the performance:awesome ratio for this one.

But fields of tall buffalo grass shimmering and waving in the prairie wind would be pretty cool. Of course I can just walk out my door and drive down the street to see that... but... winter. Hard to say the performance:awesome ratio for this one.

The echoing death screams of low-end computers were heard around the world on the day Bioxx implemented waving grass.

Let them DIE, Mwahahaha! >:-D

The echoing death screams of low-end computers were heard around the world on the day Bioxx implemented waving grass.

Let them DIE, Mwahahaha! >:-D

noooo but, but i dont want my computer to melt...

TT-TT

*Cough*GSLshaders*Coughcough*

noooo but, but i dont want my computer to melt...

TT-TT

What kind of specs are you running?

well, im not exactly sure, but my computer is A. about 5 years old and B can barely run TF2 on the lowest settings so they probably arent that great

well, im not exactly sure, but my computer is A. about 5 years old and B can barely run TF2 on the lowest settings so they probably arent that great

The desktop I ditched earlier this year was 8 years old, it had a 72gb HDD, it couldn't run Minecraft, at all. And to think, it was considered a gaming PC back in 2004, how times have changed :P

also, are you on a laptop or a desktop?

*finishes loading gun*

I can't take it anymore! This derail is boring.

*shoots himself*

*Cough*GSLshaders*Coughcough*

Goddamnit Trey!!

You've been around long enough to learn how to use the fucking edit button

edit: on a related note, I just noticed my new title. Lawl.

To be clear, I did not put that there

Goddamnit Trey!!

You've been around long enough to learn how to use the fucking edit button

edit: on a related note, I just noticed my new title. Lawl.

To be clear, I did not put that there

So the mods can change titles, huh ._. does that mean that some guy is there, watching my posts, waiting for me to reach an specific number of posts to change my title to the corresponding one? lol

Yeah... that wouldn't be possible :P anyways... Dunk, have you been playing around to see what can you do as a moderator again?

Oh, yeah, i have to comment about what you guys are talking around, right xD

I myself have mid to low specs... i can only run TFC in normal render distance after some tweaking with Optifine, and i get occasional lag spikes -which are usually the last thing you wanna have when a creeper is in your face about to explode :-. On normal minecrafts worlds, though, i can easily get 60 FPS or more (again, with Optifine) at normal render distance and with smoothing allowed.

With no Optifine, i get lagspikes in normal minecraft and simply can't run TFC ._.

...Am I the only one who has buttery smooth minecraft, has never installed optifine, and can have a million billion particle effects going without any lag?

...Am I the only one who has buttery smooth minecraft, has never installed optifine, and can have a million billion particle effects going without any lag?

Probably, yeah.

In a certain way, it just seems strange that such a poor game (graphics wise) can 'cause that much problems with the FPS... it's because of the way it is programed, java limitations, or what? ._.

Hell if I know. MC was originally made to be played on computers that still used punch cards, so I have no answers for you here

nope, I get optifine only when I use a high-res texture pack, other than that I don't need it. And client side lag never happens to me, no matter how many particles are flying in my face. And yes, my minecraft is so buttery smooth you won't believe its not butter :P

Probably, yeah.

In a certain way, it just seems strange that such a poor game (graphics wise) can 'cause that much problems with the FPS... it's because of the way it is programed, java limitations, or what? ._.

The way it is programed, although it isn't a bad code, but it could evolve and it has not. A shame, we could be looking at infinite heights and depths with low rendering time...

The thing is, it has to store each voxel block somewhere, if you don't have the ram needed than it will lag.

I can play on far, with fancy particles, and with AMCO installed. I get crystal clear smooth as butter fps even if I stick a giant walrus down my pants...

You guys with a butter computer are all very lucky.

I get crystal clear smooth as butter fps even if I stick a giant walrus down my pants...

dont even know how to respond to that....

Don't even try... nothing good could happen if you try to answer a post where a walrus in the pants is mentioned. Nothing at all.

I'm curious what you run? I'm really getting annoyed. I have an i5 2500K with a 560Ti, using OptiFine, and I still get weird lag spikes and if I walk to far in a given load, then my FPS drops to between 20-40 with the occasional drop to 1. It's ridiculous. It started with 1.3.2 and all the mobs started walking stuttered too. When I first load into a world my FPS is around 280 but it drops fast. Even without OptiFine, mobs still skip around like they only exist in half of each second.

Kind of tempted to run a separate Ubuntu partition and see if it happens there too.

Edit: Wait... I wanted to comment on the thread again too. What was it? Oh yeah... I approve of.. Grass.

...Uncle Tusky?