Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ditto8353

Gems

34 posts in this topic

So many people are out to get some magical effect out of gems.

Using them for spells or sticking them into armor and weapons.

I just want gems... Piles of them...

I want to wake up in the morning and wade through my gem pile to the front door to start my day.

And as I walk down my gem encrusted pathway to my mines I will think to myself "This is a good day."

I want to wake up in the morning and wade through my gem pile to the front door to start my day.

And as I walk down my gem encrusted pathway to my mines I will think to myself "This is a good day."

Coooooool! Placeable gems then?

So, you don't think they should change? Beyond a few minor aesthetic changes?

Well my opinion on this is, no, we need something cool from these damn things.

Well, they are basically a nuisance few people keep in their chest, so a way to storage them other than chest would be nice :P

though, i still want to do something magical. But this doesn't means i don't want to wake up sorrounded by all my gems.

combine 9 gems to get a pile of gems that acts like water!

then i can finally take a dip in my pool of gems!

I am joking.

I am joking.

And I think your is a good idea!

I am joking.

Despite the fact that was a joke, I kinda like that idea :P

I laughed and then I realized I want this too!

No tiers, no special effects, no mob killing spell, just a cobble stone pathway filled with gems! Simple enough.

As a curiosity fact, there is a city here in Brazil that has lots and lots of Amethyst mines, because of this and people being religious and all they made the church walls out of amethyst 30 tons of gems. Btw the city has 10000 inhabitants.

Posted Image

I laughed and then I realized I want this too!

No tiers, no special effects, no mob killing spell, just a cobble stone pathway filled with gems! Simple enough.

As a curiosity fact, there is a city here in Brazil that has lots and lots of Amethyst mines, because of this and people being religious and all they made the church walls out of amethyst 30 tons of gems. Btw the city has 10000 inhabitants.

Posted Image

your picture is borked sir,try again, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars

your picture is borked sir,try again, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars

borked to you : i see it perfectly

do you know those heaps of gold and gems, you see in the adventure movies ?

http://kateelizabeth...09/Treasure.jpg

maybe something like that, drop some gems,gold,silver stuff on a block, and it will create a treasue heap, rightclick it to open a gui like the log gui

gold silver gems, etc =)

I once proposed this be the way most items drop, instead of the little sprites they pile up so killing enemies and then looting their remains would be exciting, or looking out over your homestead in the morning and seeing piles of bones, arrows, and whatever else mobs drop.

And then piling it all up in vaults, bars of iron stacked upon bars of iron, a bone storage room with piles of bones to the ceiling, I just love this idea. lol

Can't you sink in charcoal piles or was that glitch?

We could definitely use that if we could copy the glitch that would be frickin awesome

it was more an anyoence and a client crasher, and if you tell me it was a feature, you have aproblem

it would be needed to rework it to be a feature, the bigger question is, why do we need something like that ?

it would be much more pressing to make the treasure piles connect -> scroodge´s money bin, so we actually have a reasonable storage solution ->would look like the charcoalblocks but golden with gemsprinkels you know =)

if you dump preciouss metals ->gold silver,gems they add height

the same should be done to dirt stone gravel sand, nobody stores that stuff in chests,

also pork and beef should be needed to hang to get the most hunger bar out of them

the only things in tfc that i know that wouldbe stored in chests would be cloth/es, leather, treasure

Fun fact.

If you dove head first into a pile of gold from a trampoline you would break your fucking neck.

Fun fact.

If you dove head first into a pile of gold from a trampoline you would break your fucking neck.

Fun fact. (Not so fun)

Is scientifically proven that if you die, you can't respawn.

Gems, Gems are truly outrageous, they are truly, truly, truly....outrageous

thanks a lot gismo, you gave me a new background. all your damned fault, now I need to rearrange my desktop because of you. ;D

thx ;)

always *puts on snape face*

Gems, Gems are truly outrageous, they are truly, truly, truly....outrageous

HA.

...am I really the only one who got this?

HA.

...am I really the only one who got this?

Of course not.

She got it as well, otherwise she wouldn't have posted that, would she? :P

(But yeah, no, i didn't got it... :)

Maybe something like the crystals from thaumcraft

Maybe something like the crystals from thaumcraft

idea get:

giant crystal/gem caverns

yknow with those massive crystals you would be able to mine out and have enough gems to eat for a lifetime