Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Silverrune

Beta 67+ (WHEN? *Polite Tone Added*)

26 posts in this topic

I hate logging into Minecraft and seeing the Update pop-up and not being able to press update it is one of the things I kind of stress over. The reason I am not updating, like probably all of you, is TFC. I would just like the ask, when is beta 67 (or whatever it will be named) be released? Would it be possible to get a general ETA? I'm not rushing because I'm sure what you are currently working on is important so whenever is fine. I would just like to know when I will finally be able to press update and be able to install the mod on 1.4.4, or the future release of 1.4.5 which is already in testing and has been pre-released. I hate it when I try to ask a relatively simple question and in my head I sound like a dick (in the end I normally do), then I end up over explaining things.

Edit: The capital letters in the title probably didn't help either.

I hate logging into Minecraft and seeing the Update pop-up and not being able to press update it is one of the things I kind of stress over. The reason I am not updating, like probably all of you, is TFC. I would just like the ask, when is beta 67 (or whatever it will be named) be released? Would it be possible to get a general ETA? I'm not rushing because I'm sure what you are currently working on is important so whenever is fine. I would just like to know when I will finally be able to press update and be able to install the mod on 1.4.4, or the future release of 1.4.5 which is already in testing and has been pre-released. I hate it when I try to ask a relatively simple question and in my head I sound like a dick (in the end I normally do), then I end up over explaining things.

Edit: The capital letters in the title probably didn't help either.

Don't Worry. Bioxx is probably just thinking of new ideas and making a really cool update. Also, to get rid of the update....USE MULTIMC!!!! YAY!

What really bugs me is that they could at least make a quickfix for the weird tree bug, the one that makes trees grow without a base.

Im not saying that they should rush it and that bioxx and dunk are dicks, no its just that thats a very annoying bug and it could be fixed, unless its something very hard to fix.

Don't Worry. Bioxx is probably just thinking of new ideas and making a really cool update. Also, to get rid of the update....USE MULTIMC!!!! YAY!

Is multiMC better than magic launcher? i use magic launcher

What really bugs me is that they could at least make a quickfix for the weird tree bug, the one that makes trees grow without a base.

Im not saying that they should rush it and that bioxx and dunk are dicks, no its just that thats a very annoying bug and it could be fixed, unless its something very hard to fix.

It's a bug that comes from vanilla, and in vanilla it exist aproximately since they have trees (if i recall correctly)... So i guess it's really hard to fix :

Is multiMC better than magic launcher? i use magic launcher

I just know i prefer MultiMC over any other installer :P

It's a bug that comes from vanilla, and in vanilla it exist aproximately since they have trees (if i recall correctly)... So i guess it's really hard to fix :

the fact that a bug (or bad feature, boats per example) exists for a long time merely hints at a difficult fix, it could also be laziness or an oversight or it wasnt important enough to be considered a need to fix thing. thats why boats are probably still crappy, it works, people dump em ASAP and thats it, same with this bug, people probably dont care, more wood for them

the fact that a bug (or bad feature, boats per example) exists for a long time merely hints at a difficult fix, it could also be laziness or an oversight or it wasnt important enough to be considered a need to fix thing. thats why boats are probably still crappy, it works, people dump em ASAP and thats it, same with this bug, people probably dont care, more wood for them

Theoretically it doesn't seem to hard. But that is the same with a lot of things that seem easy, they are really complicated, or vice versa. I'm just thinking, couldn't you make it so that the tree that grows replaces the current block that the sapling is in? I have no experience in coding so I don't know how this kind of thing works.

Theoretically it doesn't seem to hard. But that is the same with a lot of things that seem easy, they are really complicated, or vice versa. I'm just thinking, couldn't you make it so that the tree that grows replaces the current block that the sapling is in? I have no experience in coding so I don't know how this kind of thing works.

Of course, by placing the sapling and the wood on the same block and who knows what happen.. or similar things.

The point is that small bug + small bug + small bug = a big swarm, he can't make a release because of each small bug and most probably have other priorities, the only thing is wait.

most likely if there's already a 1.4.5 prerelease there won't be a 67 until it's officially released.

He also has recently released a new mod which brings our spawn protection mechanic to vanilla and potentially all other mods (except BTW probably). It was time well spent don't worry.

I've never seen the missing bottom chunk in non-TFC Minecraft. We're sure that the TFC sapling/tree issue is the same bug in vanilla? So far as I can tell, after worldgen no tree will ever grow right again.

I've never seen the missing bottom chunk in non-TFC Minecraft. We're sure that the TFC sapling/tree issue is the same bug in vanilla? So far as I can tell, after worldgen no tree will ever grow right again.

It's obviously not the same bug as vanilla's one, as i don't think they could just copy-paste the vanilla code for spawning trees and use it with TFC trees :P

I meant, a really similar bug that occurs with TFC trees.

It's a bug that comes from vanilla, and in vanilla it exist aproximately since they have trees (if i recall correctly)... So i guess it's really hard to fix :\

It's obviously not the same bug as vanilla's one, as i don't think they could just copy-paste the vanilla code for spawning trees and use it with TFC trees :P

I meant, a really similar bug that occurs with TFC trees.

Sorry then, I mustunderstood you then when you said it is "a bug that comes from vanilla". So this is a completely different bug that isn't code related to vanilla bug but looks similar in practice.

That said, I only started playing on TFC 66, and the impression I got that that this bug was new. Has it been around TFC for a while?

Sorry then, I mustunderstood you then when you said it is "a bug that comes from vanilla". So this is a completely different bug that isn't code related to vanilla bug but looks similar in practice.

That said, I only started playing on TFC 66, and the impression I got that that this bug was new. Has it been around TFC for a while?

Since i can remember it was there (and i joined when they were at build... 22, or something? i'm not sure :)

Since i can remember it was there (and i joined when they were at build... 22, or something? i'm not sure :)

Are we talking about the same bug, where newly grown trees are missing their bottom log and a sapling pops out in their place? I've never had that happen before, in vanilla or TFC, before build 66. And I have played a hell of a lot of Minecraft. :/

The 1.4.5 update for minecraft comes out today (AEST), and it should take anywhere from a few days to a week to update the mods required for use (only bugfixes means fast updating).

Are we talking about the same bug, where newly grown trees are missing their bottom log and a sapling pops out in their place? I've never had that happen before, in vanilla or TFC, before build 66. And I have played a hell of a lot of Minecraft. :/

That was the bug I was talking about. So it is either very old or brand new. Have any devs chimed in on it elsewhere?

Yeah, then we aren't talking about the same bug : i thought we were talking about trees spawning without any block right below them

Yeah, then we aren't talking about the same bug : i thought we were talking about trees spawning without any block right below them

Ohhhh, yeah, I've seen that in vanilla and in Technic. That's alright. :)

Apparently, they are working on HORSE DRAWN CARTS! YEAH!

Too bad inventory limits are being worked on too.

Apparently, they are working on HORSE DRAWN CARTS! YEAH!

Too bad inventory limits are being worked on too.

Apparently according to where? :)

What's the best build to roll back to for the moment? I want my complete trees but I also want some kind of tree growth etc.

Hey, you know what, he can take as long as he wants to ensure it's a good update. We have a relatively stable build at the moment, I'd hate for him to rush it and give us another buggy one.

fuck railways. horse carts are inbound, working with avi on horses atm (avi is creator of simply horses)

You've brought this on yourselves guys, inventory = slowed movement speed

Horsecarts will be able to move large amounts of items at ~walking speed, but can only go up cliffs of 1/5 of a block. Get ready to chisel yourself some stone roads. (They are also slowed considerably by sand/dirt/gravel)

It will be amazing.