Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Just_Another_Guy_:)

Enchantment system

187 posts in this topic

All of ideas minus pieces of eternals were trashed. But yeah I agree at least we are going to get enchanting. I just think more skill would be nice I suppose it could be in the binding process or whatever you guys will call it. Also the need for gems would be strange with this system, would the gems needed be dictated by the plan? Would we need multiple? Does the plan enchant the gem(s) or the tool? This system is starting to seem more and more iffy but at least it works.

we feel that planning everything out beforehand makes us second guess ourselves. We're just going to wing it.

Dungeons should be ruined castles of some kind. Parts of the surface should be intact, but huge sections should be collapsed (and strewn all over the ground as cobble). Maybe throw a few vines on it. TerraFirma wouldn't really fit your standard ol' RPG dungeon. It's gotta feel real! :D

It's gotta make you wonder what the surface used to be like. Hell, a castle alone might even be silly. I mean, castles were made to protect villages. Why not make an entire abandoned village? Chests could be hidden under rubble, in secret cellars of peasant houses, and hold things people might have hoarded or hidden. You could have a crypt on the end of town, a ruined city wall, mostly-overgrown farmland. It can't just be a dungeon for a dungeon's sake. Give it a backstory, even if a vague one.

If you'd like, I can try to come up with something in Creative to try and inspire you. It might take a bit, though. I can make a whole village, and I can show it to you.

ok so i have read through the post, the ideas here are sometimes against each other, but its just a list of what i have read and things to improve upon. not all ment to go together.

1. i like the idea of different gems having different properties. id keep them to the basics like fire earth wind water life death. though this might mean adding a couple of extra gem types, like onyx. each gem has a set of elements that it can handle, ruby fire, sapphire water, diamond air, topaz or aget earth, if you added onyx that would be good for death. but the others that dont really have a specific element that fits could have a set of two or so, opal fire earth. you get the pic. this is not to say that if you enchant you get both fire and water, but rather you have a chance of either of the two and maybe a unique one that is only for that combo.

2. i really like the fary ring idea, however it dose seem a bit less challenging if it is indeed random, perhaps you could tweek it a bit to match dunks idea of the dungeon. i picture the world to have ruins in it from earlier civilizations, hence the shear number of undead" you could make the random ones on the surface be like a sort of monolyth. these could contain something of a lesser version of whatever you use. dungeon class containing the opposit, higher level items. perhaps shrines like a stonehenge idea.

3. perhaps the run idea is not so bad for a catalyst. you could have the various dungeons and shrines contain certain level runes. and they could work like our tools do, each has a duribility level and each enchant costs durability based on the level. you could use these similer to how we use hammers in anvils,

3b. or you could use them as a rechargeable source, having to return to shrines to recharge them, but shrines would not be able to charge back to back, you must wait a certain period of time before you can charge it.

4. you could make the enchantments chargeable, not sure how, but then use rune-stones that could be chargeable, but are variant based on the elements, fire earth water wind life death. in turn you must find a shrine that matches to use it. these would be more of a power source than determining the enchantment, you could use the dungeon system to learn enchantments, say you learn water breathing, that could have a sub label that says water, or written in blue then you would know it is a water class ore something else if you decided to say it was air.

i greatly like the idea of making higher class enchants harder to get than lower ones. so you cant go from 0 to 60 in five nights just by happening to be lucky enough to find a upper class enchant. i like a challenge to get the fun stuff.

Edit: doodthedud, i like your idea lol, you posted that as i was writing this :P on a random side note, auto correct thinks i sould have typed your name Theodosius....sorry kinda laughed at that :3

I guess (puts on grudging face) you should go with eternal's old idea. The one where you find a rune and then have to do all the skilly stuff about working it into a tool. Ok eternal. You got a dev on your side I'm not going to argue. [surrender]

I guess (puts on grudging face) you should go with eternal's old idea. The one where you find a rune and then have to do all the skilly stuff about working it into a tool. Ok eternal. You got a dev on your side I'm not going to argue. [surrender]

A dev? The only two devs TFC has have both said they're just gonna wing it, so idk where you got that from...

But yeah, I evolved my idea quite a significant bit over the course of this thread. the 'fairy rings' seem a bit silly in hindsight, and I think somewhere in this mess of a thread I either debuffed their importance or made them into something else altogether

Have we had any more info on this?

Have we had any more info on this?

No, probably because it's pretty much on the bottom of the priority list

It's so far towards the bottom it almost fell off.

Wheres blue btw?

Wow, i actually forgot about the existance of this thread... : and i started it.

-snip-

Hello there, great necromancer.

Wow, i actually forgot about the existance of this thread... : and i started it.

Hello there, great necromancer.

We've already kinda played that joke out with Foxwhateverhisnameis

Let's just either speculate wildly about enchanting, or let this thread re-die

We've already kinda played that joke out with Foxwhateverhisnameis

Let's just either speculate wildly about enchanting, or let this thread re-die

Fox... ti? ._.

I really can't think anyting to add to the thread... i mean, i think all i could have said was said already : and the rest is just silly things that won't work. So yeah, you guys go on if you want to with the wild enchantment speculations, for now i'm not gonna help with that...

Fox... ti? ._.

I really can't think anyting to add to the thread... i mean, i think all i could have said was said already : and the rest is just silly things that won't work. So yeah, you guys go on if you want to with the wild enchantment speculations, for now i'm not gonna help with that...

I really think we should lay enchanting to rest for now. There has been more creative ideas for implementing it than we can shake a stick at and the fact is Bioxx and dunk clearly aren't even close to dealing with it. Maybe we can bring back some of these great ideas when they ask for them ? :)

(tap): remove this thread from the game with 90 time counters on it. At the beginning of each upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, return this thread to existence, it gets +Troll/+Troll until end of turn.

(tap): remove this thread from the game with 90 time counters on it. At the beginning of each upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, return this thread to existence, it gets +Troll/+Troll until end of turn.

*Actually got the joke*

*Starts thinking he's wasting his life*

*Forgets all that and go out to play Mtg with some friends*

Loooool

*looks around, realizing millstone, grindstone, keeningstone are missing*

*rage mode*

I rip up my chaos confetti and throw it at your field.

I rip up my chaos confetti and throw it at your field.

but one of the peices lands on your library, send it all to your graveyard

ah its good to see some other Magic players

but one of the peices lands on your library, send it all to your graveyard

ah its good to see some other Magic players

You actually think I'd let chaos confetti anywhere near my library? I've got tricks, son. You don't even know.

I have taken the most broken set in all of MTG and broken it.

You actually think I'd let chaos confetti anywhere near my library? I've got tricks, son. You don't even know.

I have taken the most broken set in all of MTG and broken it.

that awkward moment when you get called a son...

ah unhinged, gotta love those 2 and a half / 2 and a half donkey cards

What have I done?!! I've created a monstrosity!

Dunk Blade

(1)(1 Black)

Instant

Lock target nonblack thread. You can only play this card with the assistance of a forum admin.

Rarity: All too common

...In all seriousness, this topic is going off the tracks now, and the devs said that this was far off in the future update scheme of things. If anybody has a brilliant idea they'd like to share, then do, but otherwise, I think we should let this die.

Dunk Blade

(1)(1 Black)

Instant

Lock target nonblack thread. You can only play this card with the assistance of a forum admin.

Rarity: All too common

...In all seriousness, this topic is going off the tracks now, and the devs said that this was far off in the future update scheme of things. If anybody has a brilliant idea they'd like to share, then do, but otherwise, I think we should let this die.

but seeing as this topic has been necro'd, i think it counts as a black zombie creature so that card is invalid

*scribbles out the word 'nonblack' with magic marker*

Tampered with? What makes you say that?

*scribbles out the word 'nonblack' with magic marker*

Tampered with? What makes you say that?

heeeheee Magic marker heeeheee