Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plover

Seasons tweaks

15 posts in this topic

It acurres to me that for single player worlds the current length of seasons is impractical, I understand the strive for accuracy but for worlds that are not constantly loaded the length of seasons is a bit absurd for a game. shortening them significantly makes fruits and future agricultural products much more viable. for servers the current state may be fine.

If I remember correctly, the seasons are proportionate to the length of the day-night cycle.

how many days per season? If its set up so there is a realistic year thats too much I could never stay in a world for a full minecraft year. I think my record is a month. strongly against realisticly timed seasons.

how many days per season? If its set up so there is a realistic year thats too much I could never stay in a world for a full minecraft year. I think my record is a month. strongly against realisticly timed seasons.

I don't think he means the seasons are timed to RL days, I think he means that the minecraft sun will set 365 times (each time is about 10 RL minutes) for a full TFC year to elapse. That's about 2.4 days IRL.

LOL Yeah, they're timed to MC days. I think Bioxx discussed it in the IRC channel but I can't remember the specifics.

This should just be one of those things that's adjustable in a configuration file, I think.

This is not something that can be easily changed via config because of how many facets of the game are affected by it. I can't just change one variable and suddenly years are half as long, sorry.

This is not something that can be easily changed via config because of how many facets of the game are affected by it. I can't just change one variable and suddenly years are half as long, sorry.

Oh. You're... actually chilling in this forum... o_o

Didn't know you actually popped over here...

Ah, that's understandable. A compromise would be the ability to hibernate much like the majestic grizzly bear dreaming of the coming spring.

Actualy i belive if you count night mincraft days are 20 min long

Actualy i belive if you count night mincraft days are 20 min long

'day' in my case referring to the actual daytime, not a 24-hour cycle

I still think its a little long i understand that people can play 2.4 real days straight easy however not all of us can I would like to say either a day or half a day IRL would be a year for the people who don't play all the time. Thats roughly 150 or 75 minecraft days still far longer than i have ever played.

If im not wrong i think that bioxx made it so that days are shorter and nights are longer at winter and days are longer and nights shorter at summer... If he hasnt implemented that i think he totaly should...

I like that last idea.

FFFFFFFFF

Idea

atm, the minecraft sun always sets at exactly west, always.

Could Bioxx make the sun rise/set slightly more towards the north or south depending on season?

And then falling in with the advanced calendars thread from earlier, in the early days when you wouldn't have access to the calendar you could tell the season by how far north/south the sun was

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0