Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
-Foxley46-

Things you think should be added to agriculture.

168 posts in this topic

With the addition of Cheese, wine and grapes, it would be possible to host a kind of middle aged party in minecraft. All we need now are in game "Grey's Anatomy" box sets, coffee tables and people to look down on :L :L :L

Edit: Scrap that, just re-add tesctificates, we can be the racist kind of middle aged people. (I worked in a bar full of them, my cynicism knows no bounds :P)

Bollocks to that

Just chisel up some smooth marble columns and benches, let me craft a bolt of cloth into a toga, and have the boy bring me some grapes damn it - we're kickin this shit Grecian!

We gotta do something

Absolutely

You know what we gotta do?

Toga party.

Bollocks to that

Just chisel up some smooth marble columns and benches, let me craft a bolt of cloth into a toga, and have the boy bring me some grapes damn it - we're kickin this shit Grecian!

That sounds like a good plan ! Maybe I'll appear in some bronze armour to add to the period feel :P

So make it take a lot of flour to do anything useful.

I think you've missing my point. I'm saying it's good to have a mill because it permits people to have smaller farms after putting a reasonable amount of effort into building a mill.

Scarecrows, because we have tin men (golems) and lions (ocelots).

I would love to see some subterranean agriculture, even if it's not 100% realistic. Having underground cultivated mushroom farms, cave wheat, different seed pods and the like would be awesome, and provide a way to survive underground. Mosses and other ambient cave life would be amazing, too. Maybe even giant mushroom trees, like towercaps, that give a unique looking kind of wood, perhaps?

I would love to see some subterranean agriculture, even if it's not 100% realistic. Having underground cultivated mushroom farms, cave wheat, different seed pods and the like would be awesome, and provide a way to survive underground. Mosses and other ambient cave life would be amazing, too. Maybe even giant mushroom trees, like towercaps, that give a unique looking kind of wood, perhaps?

Too bad bloomeries have a negative heat under sea level.

Too bad bloomeries have a negative heat under sea level.

The height aspect was removed from the temperature equation in the most recent update, if I'm correct. Plus, magma forges are a confirmed feature.

You don't necessarily need to LIVE underground to farm underground things, either. It's just something I'd like to be able to do.

The height aspect was removed from the temperature equation in the most recent update, if I'm correct. Plus, magma forges are a confirmed feature.

You don't necessarily need to LIVE underground to farm underground things, either. It's just something I'd like to be able to do.

Magma bloomeries that work under ground would be amazing.

Peat could be used for underground mushroom culturing. It supposedly works well for moisture regulation in agriculture, so it could be considered something that would stay suitably moist underground to grow mushrooms in a believeable if not realistic style. Would also give additional use for peat other than a wood substitute.

All, of, my, yes. Especially with Jd's ideas, they are brilliant, i support the finer quality wheat idea, perhaps it would stay fresher longer as well? i dislike the idea of multiplying resulting flour because it would make it feel a bit like IC2 (while i love that mod, i don't want TFC to become it) And the icebox for preservation is also a nice touch that i hadn't thought of, i envision it working something like the firepit's fuel system, except adding ice to it, instead of flammables. the items placed in the inventory of the icebox would stay fresh for long periods of time. And lastly, i wholeheartedly agree with the agricultural tech tree. i mean, one cannot even make a said for windblades without copius amounts of either wool or some plant fiber. Overall, great thread guys!

Regarding the bread suggestions:

Of course, we need some sort of a bread-making GUI, like smithing.

The better you do at cooking minigames, like making dough, the more "durability" the bread would have.

Then, when baking, it'll, at some point, start to lose "durability", and eventually burn to a piece of coal.

Adding various types of Fish, and actually having to search for fish in the water would be nice. There isn't going to be fish absolutely anywhere in any body of water. There's different mechanics to that in life. And in this note, also adding a way to modify a fishing pole to fish for deeper (bigger in most cases) fish and such.

But the fact still remains that agriculture isnt of much use, due to the fact that meat, like pork or steak refill so much and are simple to make that alot of agriculture isnt worth it.

But the fact still remains that agriculture isnt of much use, due to the fact that meat, like pork or steak refill so much and are simple to make that alot of agriculture isnt worth it.

Animals in minecraft are finite. You will eventually either kill them all or try to breed them. Given that pregnancy takes 4 in-game months and growing up takes 3 (be glad it's not much longer), breeding animals will soon be a waiting game. You'll be glad for all your agriculture.

Dunk, i think what he means is, the amount of meat garnered is enough to last you like a year in game, so it is seemingly infinite, if the spoilage system that has been sugessted in other threads were added, that would remedy this.

Or the system that encouraged people to eat a variety of foods. Not the ones that forced it but the ones that encouraged it if you want something done.

Dunk, i think what he means is, the amount of meat garnered is enough to last you like a year in game, so it is seemingly infinite, if the spoilage system that has been sugessted in other threads were added, that would remedy this.

oh yeah, forgot to mention that that will happen.

Or the system that encouraged people to eat a variety of foods. Not the ones that forced it but the ones that encouraged it if you want something done.

nope.

oh yeah, forgot to mention that that will happen.

nope.

But still with the spoilage system, food should rott quite quickly and proper storage has to be obtainable very late ingame, cause otherwise you could just manage to slaughter everytime you run out of food, so you could max out the value of your animals.

The question would be: will you obtain enough food by killing an animal every few weeks or so, or will you get to low on food so you have to farm.

Not nessisarily, i mean salt, and smoking are fairly easy for people to obtain/do.

But still with the spoilage system, food should rott quite quickly and proper storage has to be obtainable very late ingame, cause otherwise you could just manage to slaughter everytime you run out of food, so you could max out the value of your animals.

The question would be: will you obtain enough food by killing an animal every few weeks or so, or will you get to low on food so you have to farm.

Animals take 7 in-game months to breed. The food might last 1 month max. Unless you get a shit load of animals, you won't do so well. Animals are designed to be a one time food boost, not your soul source of nourishment.

Not nessisarily, i mean salt, and smoking are fairly easy for people to obtain/do.

There you're right. But I think for smoking meat you would need lots of wood (would take a long time) and salt shouldn't add that much of "durability to the food or reduce its nurishment factor (or better, combined with the thirst idea, create much thirst).

There you're right. But I think for smoking meat you would need lots of wood (would take a long time) and salt shouldn't add that much of "durability to the food or reduce its nurishment factor (or better, combined with the thirst idea, create much thirst).

Done properly smokeing meat doesn't take a LOT of wood, the best way to smoke being with hardwood charcoal, and aromatic woods for the proper smoke flavor. However, yes smoking meats takes quite some time, several hours for things like fish fillette, up to several days for things like whole hams.

not your soul source of nourishment.

*sole

Also, I support the idea of smoking and/or drying meat for longevity. +1

*sole

Also, I support the idea of smoking and/or drying meat for longevity. +1

I can never remember that sole/soul stuff. I keep thinking sole = fish. (it does right? Theres a fish called a sole?)

I can never remember that sole/soul stuff. I keep thinking sole = fish. (it does right? Theres a fish called a sole?)

Sole - fish

sole - bottom of a shoe, or 'singular. alone. only'

soul - the non-physical manifestation of a conscious mind/personality