Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

Greetings from a new guy *With questions!*

47 posts in this topic

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to open and read this post this far. I'm new to TFC and while I have used search, read the wiki and browsed the change-logs, some questions remain.

If you can answer any of the posted question, and do, you have my thanks.

For background I am running build :

TFC Beta Build 66 For MC v1.4.2

and

Forge Version: 6.0.1 from the following link

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,2968.0.html

on both my client and server.

I play primarily with friends on the server. Though the guy with the mac cant seem to get TFC to run.

Thanks in advance,

Bob23

Questions thus far:

I have not seen any bear or deer thus far on the server. The wiki claims they are currently in game, Are they in game at this time?

- I think I read somewhere that the newest forge keeps them from spawning. If this correct?

Do villages, mine shafts, strongholds, pyramids, and temples all found in vanilla minecraft still spawn?

I understand that the nether is off limits at this time. Thus I assume potions are not available as you can not make a brewing stand. Is there a legitimate way to brew potions?

It seems as if food (meals) replace potions if you find the correct combinations. Do meal effects cover all available potion effects?

Vanilla enchantment seems to be gone as well as it appears that there is no way to mine the original minecraft diamond. Is there a legitimate way to craft an enchantment table?

- I can see a way if villages still spawn, as I think you can trade for diamonds.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to open and read this post this far. I'm new to TFC and while I have used search, read the wiki and browsed the change-logs, some questions remain.

and

http://www.minecraft...pic,2968.0.html

I play primarily with friends on the server. Though the guy with the mac cant seem to get TFC to run.

Thanks in advance,

Bob23

Questions thus far:

I have not seen any bear or deer thus far on the server. The wiki claims they are currently in game, Are they in game at this time?

- I think I read somewhere that the newest forge keeps them from spawning. If this correct?

Do villages, mine shafts, strongholds, pyramids, and temples all found in vanilla minecraft still spawn?

I understand that the nether is off limits at this time. Thus I assume potions are not available as you can not make a brewing stand. Is there a legitimate way to brew potions?

It seems as if food (meals) replace potions if you find the correct combinations. Do meal effects cover all available potion effects?

Vanilla enchantment seems to be gone as well as it appears that there is no way to mine the original minecraft diamond. Is there a legitimate way to craft an enchantment table?

- I can see a way if villages still spawn, as I think you can trade for diamonds.

Bears, I've seen two in my latest world, same build as yours.

Villages, etc. No they do not spawn.

Potions, I don't think so. Nether was possible since there was still lava deep down, haven't tested yet on the latest build.

I do think they cover at least most of them.

It was possible to use diamonds to make all of the vanilla things, but with diamonds, not chipped and it variants.

Potions, I don't think so. Nether was possible since there was still lava deep down, haven't tested yet on the latest build.

It was possible to use diamonds to make all of the vanilla things, but with diamonds, not chipped and it variants.

No, don't try going into the nether: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2533-b66-nether-portal-crash/

DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO ENTER IN THE NETHER.

I used to be in red steel... now i can't find a seed which spawns me near trees :

(which is mostly bad luck, as i had a good world in this build before, but i accidentaly erased it -__-)

That might be in the config file although I'm not sure. I honestly haven't tried to enchant in TFC.

*Looks at new guys name, looks at his own* Well this could get confusing.

I thought it was you at first and got a little confused.

At least keep different avatars, guys, so we can recognize you from each other... :

Greetings all,

Thank you for the replies thus far.

Apologies about my handle, I've used it for most of my minecraft related internet accounts. If there is too much confusion I can create another account with another name.

So...

Bears are in and I assume deer are in as well, both are simply rare for now.

Villages and the rest are out. Bummer. I'll miss villagers.

No potions at the moment as the nether crashes the player or world. got it. So no splash potions to cure villager zombies...come to think about it, no golden apples as well.

Meals are the new potions for buffs. Every seed changes the recipes. Got it.

Diamonds that are usable for crafting are in game, so theoretically enchantment is possible.

Not without a few config changes, but yes, apparently enchanting is possible.

Hi Bob23. Welcome to TFC.

I hope you enjoy playing Terrafirmacraft as much as I.

As you can see, this mod is still very young, although there has been SO much added into it at the moment. If you play with your friends I am sure you will all have a blast!

Enchantment may be possible... if you can find enough obsidian... I think...

Anywho.. WELCOME!

Enchantment may be possible... if you can find enough obsidian... I think...

Anywho.. WELCOME!

Oh, the obsidian? that's the easy part. You just have to:

make a ladder to the bottom of the earth (or lava level, however you call it)

carry a bucket of water (doesn't even needs to be metallic)

provided you have wrought iron+ pickaxe already, mine the obsidian like this:

XOX

OXO

XOX

X: obsidian, O: mined

if you haven't enough already, throw water in the holes and mine the ones you left before. Getting 4 obsidian should be fairly easy.

How i know this? it was my method to get obsidian to the portal, when you could still use it :

Well there ya have it folks! Word up!

Meals are the new potions for buffs.

I've seen "buffs" used in several discussions here and have figured out its meaning from context, but where does it come from?

Buff is commonly used to mean strong, buffs make you stronger, not sure the origin really.

I've seen "buffs" used in several discussions here and have figured out its meaning from context, but where does it come from?

It's pretty common online slang, but i suppose it either came from English slang meaning "to be muscular" (as in you're getting buffed-up) or buffing something (polishing it) makes it shinier and therefore possibly better? Not sure though.

Also, Welcome to the forums , Bob23! Achievement Unlocked: You've just witnessed your first thread-derail, +10 GamerScore.

Questions thus far:

SHAZAM!

Posted Image

SHAZAM!

The bears are raiding your vegetables! Caught in the act...

and

That Forge version is outdated for build 66 of TFC, download build 355 instead form the link in the downloads page

Silly me always heard 'buff' and thought 'buffer,' as in a buff gives you an added status/improvement/effect that serves as a buffer to damage or attacks or any kind. Opposite would apply for a debuff.

Hello,

and

Thanks in advance,

Bob23

Questions thus far:

Hello bob, nice to meet you

Yes there seems to be some issues with TFC's custom animals spawning. I'll be looking into this soon. No nether. FUCK VANILLA DIAMONDS AND ENCHANTMENTS BE A MAN BRO.

thank you and enjoy TFC :)

SHAZAM!

Posted Image

Those are BEARS?

Are their textures/models going to be changed?

I think they should at least be about twice as big.

The deer look really good though.

Welcome to TFC Bob, you seem to be off to a great start! It seems all your questions except the meals one has been answered so I'll take a shot at it.

I have seen secondhand jump boost, speed, hast, strength, and fire resistance.

No confirmation has been made on wether invisibility can be obtained, wether all possible potion effects are obtainable no matter the seed, or weather you may attain negative effects such as poison and instant harming. On that we shall see.

One more peice of advice I would give you is listen to Dunkleosteous. He is one of the only two official coders, the main one being Bioxx, and the only one regularly active on the forums. He is a funny freindly guy but puts up with a lot of shit so if he says something, LISTEN to him.

That will be all for now, good luck and keep up the good grammar!

Those are BEARS?

I am not sure if their texture will be changed. But I do know they sound like angry puppies. Though I do think their implementation may have been a testing ground?? Maybe? I would think that more mobs will be added to the wildlife at a later time. I do have some great bear sound files though. ;)

Those are BEARS?

Yep, textures and models are being changed. This was more of a test.

I think they should at least be about twice as big.

The deer look really good though.

Thanks about the deer :) and nope, they're actually enormous already! TFC bears are scaled up 1.5 times from a grizzly. Average height of a grizzly is 1 m at the shoulder 0.o things in mc just look tiny because of the ungodly large player (your head is half a metre across .__.)

I am not sure if their texture will be changed. But I do know they sound like angry puppies. Though I do think their implementation may have been a testing ground?? Maybe? I would think that more mobs will be added to the wildlife at a later time. I do have some great bear sound files though. ;)

Yeah we had the new sounds but rogue sorta dropped off the face of the earth so a lot of mob dev kinda halted :/