Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

Sky Dimension

28 posts in this topic

So, you've read the title and clicked on it, and hi for that.

im not aware if a lot of you know about the SKYLAND mod in vanilla, howver it was discontinued and IMO it'd be fully AWESOME if TFC, as a means of different dimension, brings back the Sky dimension

a lot of info on this is in the minecraft wiki on the section of planned features, and some famous youtuber who'se name i've forgotten at this point also made a vid series on it.

the way i think it could be implemented is if we have a portal, netherportal shaped, made out of some mid-high tier item (should be quite rare but not impossibly hard to get)

it'd be a sky dimension, where you could at the very least create an item called a parachute, which would work ONLY there, which would prevent you from falling out of the dimension, because (like in the original mod) when you do fall out, you get spawned back in Overworld with a chute, these things basically work like a glider, they lengthen your falling DISTANCE and make your fall a lot more controllable,

for more info, watch the wiki and vids, if a shitton of people go all like: I DUNNO WTF UR ON ABOOT (or something similair :D) ill post pictures and a more detailed explanation.

TL:DR SKY, WE GO, ABOVE, HEAVENLIKE

also a friendly note to dunk, WHERES YO COMMENTS IN THAT SUGGESTION SECTION (i've hardly seen you post anything) also *cookiehammer forged* use that to keep the rail intact, if anyone derails this i'll hit him with the Oreohammer :D

There's an old mod like that: Aether.

But it is true, TFC'd be cool with some sort of skylands.

Oh, and your cookiehammer is no match for my:

SUPER ULTRA OMEGA INFINOPOWER-HAMMER!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not feeling the sky dimension for this mod. I really liked the Aether mod. I liked Skyland, know them both rather well. However I think that those ideas, for this mod, are too far detatched from the visual scope at hand. I would absolutely love to see something like the Twilight mod as well, but I think perhaps these are too "far-fetched" for the believability angle that the devs of this mod are aiming for. While I could be wrong, and find that I am more times than I care to accept, I would rather liken this mod and its setting to that of the Old World. Things are gritty and underdeveloped... maybe hints of mysteries in undiscovered corners of the world..... ;)

I never liked the AEther anyway, and I'd think, if implemented this would need to be designed with TFC relevant features involved, basically without a strong reason and difference(other than aesthetic) from the normal world I don't see a reason to add it.

if there were any extra dimensions I'd like them to be limited in size to encourage cooperation/competition to get unique **somethings**

Like everyone else here i like the Sky dimension and the Aether however we have nowhere close to enough fiction elements involved yet to use this it could happen eventually but we are missing a lot stuff that needs to go in-between the two.

I would love to see a belivable sky and "hell" dimension in TFC, but obviously it doesn't have a high priority.

New dimensions I would expect in, like a version 2.0. We are still in Beta.

The most important thing about fiction in general, is that it has to remain belivable, so it does have a place in TFC. It would also greatly expand the gameplay with not as huge amount of work required as the completion of the earth dimension with all the new features.

• Blocks affected by gravity.
  • Sky dimension.
/thread

A sky dimension just doesn't fit.

Well, there have been two major suggestions for new dimensions in TFC. One for adapting the nether to TFC (which Dunk said what would he do, not sure if he will do it though...), And The Wailing (One of my personal favourites, along with most of the old posters to my knowledge...). Dimensions in TFC don't need, in fact, to be believable; they are supposed to be other dimensions after all, everything in them would ave to work in a completely different way to the one you are used to in your TFC overworld. Ok, that's wrong; they need to be believable, BUT, believable in themselves. This means, they have to make their own sense. If a dimension has negative gravity, normal stuff in that dimension has to work according to this; you can't repentinaly have a kind of rock that, at any moment, stays as far as it can from any other block.

Ok, now on the thread... Oh, wait, Ditto said pretty much what i was going to say :... well, bye then. *Leaves*

*twitch* Where's my flamethrower...

JAG likes to eat flamethrowers...He ate my flamethrower too.

JAG likes to eat them...He ate mine too.

<_< i thinked bad about this... and i don't like it...

Don't be silly, Wolf, i just eated your flamethrower 'cause you had other weapons :

Don't be silly, Wolf, i just eated your flamethrower 'cause you had other weapons :

Ah for this :lol: thanks then.

As if another dimension has to have exactly the same gravity as overworld :rolleyes:

honestly, a derail within the first 3 comments, you guys are FAST!

but in all seriousness, of course gravity wouldnt work in the sky DIMENSION! its a seperate dimension, the normal laws of physics are overboard, THINK OF WHAT YOU WANT, it'd just be nice to have a non depressive different dimension, and the Aether (thanks for the name, forgot it) holds the most uplifting enviroment out there, if it'd be implemented properly you could add a LOT of extra customization options to TFC

Who wants some hints? You do? ok :)

Bioxx and I have rethought and discussed alternate dimensions. There WILL be a new dimension, but it won't be in the sky. Hope this helps :)

Who wants some hints? You do? ok :)

Bioxx and I have rethought and discussed alternate dimensions. There WILL be a new dimension, but it won't be in the sky. Hope this helps :)

Cool, and do you already know what you're going to implement or can we still suggest new dimensions?

Cool, and do you already know what you're going to implement or can we still suggest new dimensions?

yeah, we're pretty set on what we're doing I believe. For the time being, lets leave other dimensions out.

hmm, lets ask 1 question to tease the hell out of us: will this dimension hold to the normal TFC laws of nature (rockslides, gravity, food hunger being the same, or actually make a change (like how the aether was in the sky or the nether had a bedrock ceiling and stuff like that)

also i've realised i've been bumping my own threads with this, thats only because it actually keeps me busy, instead of just wanting attention, before anyone jumps on my quad balls about it (reference get = +1 awesomecookie)

I don't think you listed anything about the AEther or nether there that I'd consider making a change

It's terrain gen, if those ideas are wanted alone I think they'd be best left in the same dimension, now, rockslides, gravity, hunger changes based on dimension, those kind of changes would be quite interesting.

lets make it so going to a new dimension means its airless and extreme temp variance based on the day/night cycle. /loltek

lets make it so going to a new dimension means its airless and extreme temp variance based on the day/night cycle. /loltek

So, if you travel to the dimension in the wrong moment, you die :|

ONLY if you have a way to know it's actual state. That way it sounds amazing. But if you are just jumping into the randomness... well, f+ck ._.

I wonder if it was possible to change how fast time passes in different dimention.

So it would work similar to how Nether works on distance, except makes the time go by faster in the Overworld. It makes a lot of sense to me, and has sound scientific basis.

It would be cool if the other dimention was completly random and upredictable like that, working completly differently then the Overworld. Would be cool.

even though it's a new "dimension", it will still follow normal game physics. You'll find horrible new challenges and great rewards and we'll try and give you something to do with it.

Well, but don't you think it would be pretty fun? You might spend to much time in that 'dimention' and suddenly end up in the middle of a winter with no food left to survive xd

even though it's a new "dimension", it will still follow normal game physics. You'll find horrible new challenges and great rewards and we'll try and give you something to do with it.

I have some questions:

-Does this dimension still respect the believability rule?

-Will be there a new TFC start? IE take 2 new sticks, use them to make a new type of fire...

-Or will it be something different? Like: take 2 flints and use them to start a fire...

-Also will this dimension look normal or new? Normal: the same of TFC world, same grass, same stone. New: a new world with blue grass, purple and green stone...

Answer only if you can, because of course I won't force you to answer to something that you or Bioxx don't want...