Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

... Can i ask you why you need gravel when you already are in tier 2/3 metals? by then, most of the players get all their metal from mines, not from sluices or panning, so what would be the point in adding this mechanic if it can only be done with those tier metal hammers?

Maybe it can only be done with a hammer made of the hardest kind of rocks, and the softer kind of rocks -the stronger were extrusive something rocks and the weakest sedimentary rocks, weren't they?-

oh yeah i totally forgot about sluicing, i was just thinking of it as a way to get gravel for pathways easily,

just cuz im super OCD about my minecraft worlds and have to have pathway between all my builsings and farms and mines and all that stuff

Metal is more or less balanced as is (surface ores need a nerf though).

Adding a way to pull metal out of common stone would just be unbalanced, unless you're so far into the game that you don't need any more metal and you just want the gravel.

Metal is more or less balanced as is (surface ores need a nerf though).

Adding a way to pull metal out of common stone would just be unbalanced, unless you're so far into the game that you don't need any more metal and you just want the gravel.

yeah like i said, i totally forgot about getting ores from gravel when i suggested that,

never mind!

Gravel for pathways? I only walk on pathways made out of red dyed wool. This, and my love for paintings, makes my worlds be completely devoid of any form of sheep :P -And yeah, i know i can dye a sheep, cut it's hair with shears and wait for it to grow back ,as it grows back in the same color. Just don't like the sound sheeps make D:<

Gravel for pathways? I only walk on pathways made out of red dyed wool. This, and my love for paintings, makes my worlds be completely devoid of any form of sheep :P -And yeah, i know i can dye a sheep, cut it's hair with shears and wait for it to grow back ,as it grows back in the same color. Just don't like the sound sheeps make D:<

we are talking about outside pathways right?

i usually use cobblestone or gravel for mine

Yep. I use wooden planks in my house :

ah well thats just rather silly

ps. has my picture changed? its not showing up for me

It's exactly the same. Maybe it's your browser what's borked :

It's exactly the same. Maybe it's your browser what's borked :

dag well ima try again

ISSADORABLE

oh so it has werked? well time to restart le browser

edit sadface my picture still not show up for me

May i ask what it is a picture of? (try F5) it's cute though ~♪

I did a little searching and didn't find anything that specifically noted this, but it has to do with rivers. As it is, all rivers are just placid snakes of water. My suggestion would be to add a new water block "river water" that each block still acts as a single block like normal water, but has a flow direction. Two river blocks converging would just make another river block flowing in the general direction the biome provides it, and ocean or lake biomes could have something in them to natural convert directional river blocks to still water blocks.

In it's simplest form this would literally just mean a separate water block that behaves almost the exact same except that it has directional flow. Thus rivers act as rivers.

If taken a step further, flow direction can be decided based on biome location in relation to the equator.

From everything I've ever read about rivers, they can be dangerous. Providing a bit of danger to them in game might add to the survival experience, and provide a reason for the construction of bridges beyond walking a smidgen faster.

NOTE: Has nothing to do with finite water or actual moving blocks, just directional force of still blocks.

Shapeless crafting recipe:

Stick + knife = sharpened stick

Can be placed in the ground defensively slanted and pointing in the direction towards you as you place it. Hurts anything that walks at in the direction it is pointed, like a cactus. Would provide a means of fortifying the base of a structure in a believable fashion.

As a fun add-on to this: falling on a sharpened stick from higher than 4 blocks could kill you by impaling. Just for funsies.

dreamcatcher:

-you hang it over your bed

-while staying in bed it wont spawn mobs in a radius around your bed

as a trade off for staying in bed while other people on the server wont

instead of spamming torches

May i ask what it is a picture of? (try F5) it's cute though ~♪

well i have no idea, i just found it while lurking around the intarwebs. but i appear to be holding a parasol ^_^

dreamcatcher:

-you hang it over your bed

-while staying in bed it wont spawn mobs in a radius around your bed

as a trade off for staying in bed while other people on the server wont

instead of spamming torches

well if you havn't already heard, vanilla mobs are being moved to underground crypts and dungeons, night will be relatively safe, even in the dark

Shapeless crafting recipe:

Stick + knife = sharpened stick

Can be placed in the ground defensively slanted and pointing in the direction towards you as you place it. Hurts anything that walks at in the direction it is pointed, like a cactus. Would provide a means of fortifying the base of a structure in a believable fashion.

As a fun add-on to this: falling on a sharpened stick from higher than 4 blocks could kill you by impaling. Just for funsies.

Honestly? I like it. A lot.

Deserves it's own thread though, go make one so I can +1 it there and add in my own 2 dollars

Honestly? I like it. A lot.

Deserves it's own thread though, go make one so I can +1 it there and add in my own 2 dollars

come on, 2 dollars?

ima go give my tree fitty

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I don't have nearly enough time to read through the last 13 pages.

Ore is way too easy to mine. I found my first copper deposit and mined it all out in 2 trips over about an ingame day. That shouldn't be. A vein of ore should take someone something like a week to mine out and warrant the construction of a rail system.

I would suggest making the break times or ore longer and making the inventory smaller (9 item in the bar, 9 items in your bag).

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I don't have nearly enough time to read through the last 13 pages.

Ore is way too easy to mine. I found my first copper deposit and mined it all out in 2 trips over about an ingame day. That shouldn't be. A vein of ore should take someone something like a week to mine out and warrant the construction of a rail system.

I would suggest making the break times or ore longer and making the inventory smaller (9 item in the bar, 9 items in your bag).

ores in irl are usually easier to mine than there host rocks (found this out the hard way with hard rock mining)

so in my opinion ore mining rates.

small idea

some ores like galena and tetrahedrite contain massive amounts of sulfur as an impurity making them very difficult to smelt with a bloomery. what if these ores had to be "roasted" in a charcoal fire pit before being added to a bloomery.

this could increase its melt time.

melting these ores without roasting first would only give you lead.

(as a side note i have a love hate relationship with galena as a prospector. why are you so easy to find yet so difficult to melt with an back yard bloomery :( )

didnt see this in the OP, sooo, here go's

Block with all tools(I mean, come on, I can block with a knife, but not my trusty axe?)

Variants of gravel based on surrounding stone(like sand)

Falling sand/gravel sounds

lightning ignores armor and does 19 damage(alternatively, kills instantly?)

Rain takes time to put out fires(no finally a reason to worry about lightning)

Poison kills, no more spider eye diets

Lightning hits the highest point within 25 blocks of where the lightning would have struck(aka, lightning rods can be made and USEFUL)

Bonfires(4 fireplaces together) for ascetics, higher temps, more smelting slots.

Fireplaces do damage to mobs/players when lit and stepped into.

Armor stands(purely ascetic. Possibly a decorative storage for armor+weapons?)

3 planks in 2x2 grid= Stairs of that wood type

Variants of shrub life(wild potatoes/etc actually grow in wild)

Server option to toggle year on/off(allows year round agriculture and ends the 'ssp unplayable' threads)

Require 'Wooden nails' in some stoneage+ recipes(Well, spit only holds stuff together so long. had to think of something permanent)

Reduced player inv(quickbar+ 1? Followed by adding a pack that returns storage to normal?) - Dont know about this one. sounded better in my head

Leather used in armor recipes(straps n such)

Remove cave ins caused by placing cobble blocks on ceilings - Bug?

Ladders can be placed on top of each other(rather then must have a block on its back)

Clay affected by gravity

Crafted clay blocks affected by gravity

Clay drys and becomes a solid building material(Pueblos!)

Grazing animation for livestock(like vanilla sheep)

Fall damage changed to X=[blocks fallen] Y=[Random value 1-3] (If X > 5 Then: X(y)-5y=[Hp loss]) (you can fall from your 1 story hut and live, beyond that its all about luck Farthest POSSIBLE fall is 24, odds are not in your favor. Smallest fall is 11) - Always bugged me that you could jump 21 blocks and KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that you would survive.

thats all for now... Thease are all small, right?

Lightning hits the highest point within 25 blocks of where the lightning would have struck(aka, lightning rods can be made and USEFUL)

I like this specifically because it means I could then breed and create monstrosity pigmen to unleash on the world.

Block with all tools(I mean, come on, I can block with a knife, but not my trusty axe?)

Rain takes time to put out fires(no finally a reason to worry about lightning)

Poison kills, no more spider eye diets

Armor stands(purely ascetic. Possibly a decorative storage for armor+weapons?)

3 planks in 2x2 grid= Stairs of that wood type

Variants of shrub life(wild potatoes/etc actually grow in wild)

Leather used in armor recipes(straps n such)

Ladders can be placed on top of each other(rather then must have a block on its back)

Clay drys and becomes a solid building material(Pueblos!)

I enjoy all of these ideas immensely, especially the armor stand one, as it means I could make a village blacksmith and would be able to display my work.

didnt see this in the OP, sooo, here go's

Block with all tools(I mean, come on, I can block with a knife, but not my trusty axe?) Knife may be a bug. Combat overhaul is impending so a shield may be forthcoming

Variants of gravel based on surrounding stone(like sand) Added

Falling sand/gravel sounds Added

lightning ignores armor and does 19 damage(alternatively, kills instantly?) Modified

Rain takes time to put out fires(no finally a reason to worry about lightning) Added

Poison kills, no more spider eye diets Added

Lightning hits the highest point within 25 blocks of where the lightning would have struck(aka, lightning rods can be made and USEFUL) Added

Bonfires(4 fireplaces together) for ascetics, higher temps, more smelting slots. Needs a bit of tweaking. Come back later.

Fireplaces do damage to mobs/players when lit and stepped into. Added

Armor stands(purely ascetic. Possibly a decorative storage for armor+weapons?) May be forthcoming

3 planks in 2x2 grid= Stairs of that wood type Added

Variants of shrub life(wild potatoes/etc actually grow in wild) Needs work. Come back later.

Server option to toggle year on/off(allows year round agriculture and ends the 'ssp unplayable' threads) What? That would only make the SSP problem worse.

Require 'Wooden nails' in some stoneage+ recipes(Well, spit only holds stuff together so long. had to think of something permanent) Construction update imminent. Nails may be forthcoming

Reduced player inv(quickbar+ 1? Followed by adding a pack that returns storage to normal?) - Dont know about this one. sounded better in my head Storage update in progress. Ask again later.

Leather used in armor recipes(straps n such) Not the right thread. Go to the armor threads for this.

Remove cave ins caused by placing cobble blocks on ceilings - Bug? Added

Ladders can be placed on top of each other(rather then must have a block on its back) Added

Clay affected by gravity But clay is a cohesive substance that can form unsupported shelves. Not big ones, but you see my point.

Crafted clay blocks affected by gravity See above

Clay drys and becomes a solid building material(Pueblos!) Added

Grazing animation for livestock(like vanilla sheep) Already in vanilla, look more carefully

Fall damage changed to X=[blocks fallen] Y=[Random value 1-3] (If X > 5 Then: X(y)-5y=[Hp loss]) (you can fall from your 1 story hut and live, beyond that its all about luck Farthest POSSIBLE fall is 24, odds are not in your favor. Smallest fall is 11) - Always bugged me that you could jump 21 blocks and KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that you would survive. For the health thread, not this one

thats all for now... Thease are all small, right?

Knife, Sword, and Mace are considered weapons in the code, and that is why they have the blocking animation and effect. Its not a bug, but a feature. even if it IS a bug, I entirely feel right in saying everything that does not have a right click function should be able to block for both realistic and believability reasons. Shields are another matter, that I will not touch

Lightning modification: No, just no. I know several people who have actually been struck by lightning. All of them died instantly and by shear luck were revived. as this is a game, i didn't outright say instant death, despite my knowing exactly what the force does. Believability out the window for this, and hard reality in. I know how much you hate the R word, but this is my argument on why i wrote it as such.

I Left, I saw, came back:

Bonefires(2x2 structure of fireplaces, has 3(?) slots for cooking/smelting with a single slot under each for finished product. Temperature is multiplied by 1.2(?) and burns though wood at 1.5 times the speed. 6 log queue slots

Armor stands: thought as much, decided to add the idea in here anyhow seeing as how that stage of development was going on it appeared to be fitting.Hopefully wont be implemented like risugamis version(MAJOR lag)

Shrub life... Well, honestly, I cant see how any tweaks could be made. Wild variants of these plants exist and can be harvested as if from a farm, although usually they are not in good condition as they would be in a controlled environment. I've been in the garden since I was 6mo old, and cant imagine how it could be changed other then seasonal differences and proximity to water/shade/nurturant. Reality aside, its not believable that every seed in game looks the same and comes from a single grass plant.

SSP/SMP: Yeah, well, the basic premise was an option to toggle between TFC agriculture and Vanilla. Plants would grow quicker with vanilla enabled allowing a single days(real world) growth-harvest. While this is INCREDIBLY imbalanced, it returns some of the game back into the ssp hands. Not everyone can operate a virtual server 24/7 or for that matter join one consistently enough to gather harvests during the limited time frame they exist

Nails: aye, I should hope that they come. My spit is beginning to dry and I have cotton mouth now D:.

Storage: still not sure about my own suggestion there. Its a bit iffy and only serves to lengthen the time it takes to operate from start to finish. I may not come back to this. Im just tired of seeing people suggesting back pack mods with this(btw, HIGHLY imbalanced item) when you have more then enough storage to carry several sequoias with proper inv management.

leather: Eh, it looked like a small fix. I might post that there, if its not there now already

Clay: ah, but that is where your wrong. I have worked extensively with clay and while, yes, it can in many cases hold its own weight, it suffers from any protrusions. Making an arm for example, requires the use of supports. I personally take a cotton swab and a few straws. to retain its shape it does require support. I would suggest that to mimic this it is tweaked that if it is more then 1 block form a walled surface it becomes subject to gravity. So a Lip on a wall is fine, but making it extend father before it dries causes issues. as an end case, i want clay as an early house material. specifically for the first night. Dried clay would not be subject to this and unlike real world clay would be able to be attached to wet clay without any issues.

Animals: Well, I have yet to check the newer versions of TFC(still on 50C) so I cant say much on this sadly. As of 50c though, I have watched a pig eat grass by standing entirely still.