Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

Improved efficiency or alternate recipes for items like fences, ladders, and the like would be appreciated. Have to spend quite a while punching leaves to get enough sticks to make even a relatively small fence for a farm or animal pen.

I saw notes saying a construction update was coming up, so hopefully this is already going to be part of it :)

I support new fence recipes. Rather use my over abundance of willow trees/planks then have to clear a forest of leaves to make a pen for my livestock Plus, as an added bonus, using planks could allow for coloured fences :D

EDIT

Lightning AoE damage should be 5-6 meters from its epicenter( X,Z Axis') with NO damage tapering

Lightning Considers Mobs/players to add 1(?) block to height

Non grounded players ignored(jumping/falling)

Creative Mode is Ignored by Lightning(creative mode players are not hit)

Vanilla lightning removed, replaced with TFC lightning(Compatibility reasons? I believe that lightning is an entity. Should be fairly easy, right?)

Lightning effects blocks directly hit

- Bricks-> Cracked bricks

- Sand-> Glass(Not vanilla glass, closer in resemblance to obsidian?)

- Gravity effected blocks-> falls disregarding supports(reason to move towards building your lightning rods)

- Stone-> cobble

- Grass-> dirt

just a note, Suddenly oceans become VERY bad during a storm. also, would lightning warrant its own thread at this point?

Give the knife the functionality of the VMC shears.

Give the knife the functionality of the VMC shears.

You know that Bioxx added a recipe for vanilla shears, right?

...I don't want a pair of fucking shears.

The knife needs more uses, there's no gameplay value in needing to be in the iron age to shear a sheep, and it would remove it the need for a hacky crafting recipe.

Well, the butchery update will come sooner or later, so i can imagine one of the things you will be able to do is to cut the wol from the sheep. Mybe the sheep could be the only mob that you can "butcher" without actually killing it. IF it is domesticated. Wild "sheeps" -or whatever that has wool- will run away or kick your face :

explosions should stun/disorient you

becuase seriously, you dont get hit with an explosin and be like "hmm well that was interesting" your hearing and vision are impaired for a while after and most likely you will get dazed by the shock of it

explosions should stun/disorient you

becuase seriously, you dont get hit with an explosin and be like "hmm well that was interesting" your hearing and vision are impaired for a while after and most likely you will get dazed by the shock of it

You are saying Hollywood lies with it's cool scenes of guys in suit walking slowly towards the camera, that don't give a damn when a explosion happens right behind them? HOW YOU DARE?!?!

*sarcasm*

the vanilla blindness and nausea effects would fit well with disorientation form explosives. I've had both at once from a bad IC2 brew and... well, it was unplayable for a solid in game day(Next time people chant 'chug' go the other way)

the vanilla blindness and nausea effects would fit well with disorientation form explosives. I've had both at once from a bad IC2 brew and... well, it was unplayable for a solid in game day(Next time people chant 'chug' go the other way)

oh yeah i could never figure out how to make IC2 brewing stuff, i just wanted me some dang coffee after working on all my machines all day

P.S. all you peoples need to get some pictars for yourselves, its getting hard to tell you all apart

I have one in the works. Two actually if I can get the pose just right :)

I have one in the works. Two actually if I can get the pose just right :)

pose eh......?

yeah, messing with some graphics, its not exactly coming out right. Might settle for the cheaty method of retexturing a few in game blocks and using smart moving to do the rest.

in the meantime, I'll upload my background image that will... well behind the character in question

Axes + wooden logs could be used to make split wood. The split wood could then be used for burning for a shorter but more efficient duration than a full log, and also to craft fences with (as I'm pretty sure fences were made with split timber, not sticks).

To make this more interesting, it could be made that a log pile only becomes a "pile" one more than one log is placed in it, and until then shows up as one log. That log if broken with an axe would yield the split wood. A heavy combination of believable and badass. Would also mean you'd be spending energy (food resource) to produce another kind of energy (fuel resource), so it's not just free money.

Armor embossing with sheet metal of choice. Would provide visible faction-style uniforming. Basically adds pauldrons or rondels if chest piece or tassets if leg piece. Would not provide additional protection just a statement of status/wealth/alliance.

Troll

Beaver

Tortoise

Blowfish

Fish

Angler

Wisp

Chameleon

Lizard

Crab

Piranha

Field Mouse

Moth

Butterfly

Frog

Dragonfly

Fireflay

Bat

Whale

Squirrel

Seal

Mole

Rabbit

Bird

Seagull

Vulture

Sword Fish

Sea Turtle

Tropical Fish

Manta Ray

Star fish

wrong thread to suggest mobs. I think...

Dude, Dunk spent several months on the deer mob, and you suggest 20+ new mobs, in the TINY TWEAKS thread?

I think if people are going to suggest mobs they should model them from now on. hehehe. Might cut back on half assed mob posts

with that said, I should open that model maker i downloaded 4 months ago... and probably update it. Then use it...

Change Drowning behavior:(20-30 seconds of air?)

Change Cobble falling behavior: Falls to sides if stacked 3 or more blocks high. Even more reason to make supports underground as with this it could fall to the side!

Cave-in stages: Cave-ins can cause another cave-in.

Change Ventilation:(Check for a open space XYZ in size. Less realistic, better gameplay. I wanna play as a dwarf)

Add Ventilation for mines:(not sure about this one, though it might be neat to have to pump air into your mineshafts.

Add Lamps:(tier 2(?) Light. Replaces Torches. Light level of 15)

add a toggleble option for Arson:(Burnables have a chance to ignite while near fireplaces, forges, etc. No more wood house blacksmithing)

Ventilation may combust spontaneously if made from burnables

Ventilation can fill with ash over time(snow like block) and clog it. (chimney sweeps anyone?)

Rain has a chance to slowly fill areas below sea level with water is they are exposed to the sky.(finite water only)

Rain prevention block for chimneys(ignored by vent checks, but not by rain)

Metal based blocks(would go hand in hand with Lightning.)

Caves generate with large quantities of finite water. Increasing amounts the father down you are.(imagine mining into THAT ;D)

Partial blocks have a separate render when placed under water and allow water to pass though them(this might be bigger then i think it is...)

MUCH (doubled?)deeper oceans. I want to see underwater MOUNTAINS, not Hills

Ocean water coloration varies from fresh(lake/river) water. Not a perfect change, but might define between salt and fresh

Lemon + Torch= TNT

Some of these sound like they might be bad to even me. Still, suggestion is out there to see peoples opinions. Might be better then i think it is :D

Another idea:

Some method of creating "dirt blocks," which grass can't grow on until the block is broken and replaced. Basically, a way to create dirt paths that won't get recovered in grass twenty seconds later, as well as a way of creating decorative art on the ground using multiple colors of dirt. Could be done with a tool, or maybe we can mash rock salt with a hammer and "salt the earth" or something.

Also, trapdoors should already be usable to protect forges, bloomeries, etc from rain while still allowing ventilation, right?

Yes, and I did think about that, but I wanted something that hid better into the landscape. Plus, trapdoors function as a door, so its like telling unwanted guests: come on in, nothing of value to see here'

Yes, and I did think about that, but I wanted something that hid better into the landscape. Plus, trapdoors function as a door, so its like telling unwanted guests: come on in, nothing of value to see here'

I don't think monsters can interact with them.

Was talking about people. humans. players.

People who get stuck in them stupidly and decide to punch themselves out.

Right clicking a non-grass dirt block with flux "salts the earth" causing the grass to not grow back until the block is broken and replaced.

Right clicking a non-grass dirt block with flux "salts the earth" causing the grass to not grow back until the block is broken and replaced.

Pretty much what I had in mind. Just some way of preventing grass from growing on selected dirt blocks.