Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tsnm

Your chisel creations!!

203 posts in this topic

I used to play Tekkit because redpower saws are awesome.

Suck it redpower!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the new mechanic!! :)

*snip*

Never got to explore the map before it went down :-/

But funny how you caught me talking on nearly every single one of your pics.

I didn't build this, so I wouldn't take any credits for it, but it's still something I can show off, right?

Posted Image

My first statue, in the middle of our settlement of "Breach-Hammer"

Front

Posted Image

Back

Posted Image

My first statue, in the middle of our settlement of "Breach-Hammer"

Front

Posted Image

Back

Posted Image

Haha cool it has the crest too! Thanks for this!

http://i.imgur.com/Lz0Ua.png

Here's what I get for trying to chisel reliefs using regular stone. I think there should be a non-tiled Smooth Stone so that chiseled imagery like this can be done well. So far the only types of stone available that could potentially look good as relief stone are chalk and rock salt. I would use those materials, but I'm building using only local material.

It also doesn't help that (probably due to lighting engine limitations.) chisel blocks do not cast or have shadows cast upon them, making them look much flatter than they are.

Also, hello everyone, I have returned!

http://i.imgur.com/Lz0Ua.png

Here's what I get for trying to chisel reliefs using regular stone. I think there should be a non-tiled Smooth Stone so that chiseled imagery like this can be done well. So far the only types of stone available that could potentially look good as relief stone are chalk and rock salt. I would use those materials, but I'm building using only local material.

It also doesn't help that (probably due to lighting engine limitations.) chisel blocks do not cast or have shadows cast upon them, making them look much flatter than they are.

Also, hello everyone, I have returned!

This reminds me of Kreicus's H3D texture pack. Wolf, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, Wolf, I can't beleive you forgot.

WELCOME BACK ALESTANCE!

I bring you the Stove. As you can see, it's functional as well.

And finally, a small detail: Door Frames. Technically it's made with planks, but the corners had to be chiseled to make it connect.

That is the cutest fucking thing... I have ever seen...

Hoping that it isn't a bug, but you can start a forge and then chisel the blocks around it. The forge still works properly. You can make very compact forges or stoves with the new stone.

http://i.imgur.com/Uukdi.png

Using chiseled stone "Pipes" to give it sky access.

Hoping that it isn't a bug, but you can start a forge and then chisel the blocks around it. The forge still works properly. You can make very compact forges or stoves with the new stone.

http://i.imgur.com/Uukdi.png

Using chiseled stone "Pipes" to give it sky access.

Maybe this happens because the chiselled blocks are still considered full blocks.

Maybe this happens because the chiselled blocks are still considered full blocks.

No they aren't, otherwise he couldn't have made that stone "pipe", as there would be full blocks right above it. The fact they have holes in the middle doesn't helps. From that forge's point of view, right above it there isn't anything at all.

However, they still count as stone blocks, so even though they aren't full blocks, they still can contain the forge.

No they aren't, otherwise he couldn't have made that stone "pipe", as there would be full blocks right above it. The fact they have holes in the middle doesn't helps. From that forge's point of view, right above it there isn't anything at all.

However, they still count as stone blocks, so even though they aren't full blocks, they still can contain the forge.

I meant a block occupied from chiselled blocks, not really full.

when i was messing around with forges I took one of the blocks surrounding a forge out altogether and the forge was fine.

From my expirience once you place a forge it's there for good, suspended in time and space.

You can remove every block around it, it will not be affected.

From my expirience once you place a forge it's there for good, suspended in time and space.

You can remove every block around it, it will not be affected.

So the requirements for a forge is only in the creation of it?

'you should not smash your face to the ground to mine it' epic quote :D

also, nice pictures everyone, i wish i was that good at getting anything at all :P

Posted Image

My little house, while being fairly simple in its build, took literally hours of chiselling. Every single white cedar block has another type of block on top of it, chiselled into shape (door frames, window frames, all sorts of frames, more and more frames. Basically just frames.) Without the chiselling the walls would just be covered in diorite bricks. :D In vanilla the house would be just a wooden box, gotta love TFC<3

Posted Image

I thought I do something like a statue. To test the new feature of the chisel:P

Both statues took me a complete minecraft day to finnish.

Posted Image

My little house, while being fairly simple in its build, took literally hours of chiselling. Every single white cedar block has another type of block on top of it, chiselled into shape (door frames, window frames, all sorts of frames, more and more frames. Basically just frames.) Without the chiselling the walls would just be covered in diorite bricks. :D/> In vanilla the house would be just a wooden box, gotta love TFC<3

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in a minecraft world. Why didn't you submit this to the TFC birthday contest thread? It would have won! I totally want to see the interior now!