Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

Posted Image

I will probably put this server up as soon as the agriculture update comes (or in 2 weeks if it comes before then). Which means the earliest date you can expect this has come down from the 21st of September to the 31st of August :D

Posted Image

"Good news, everyone! You just read this in my voice!"

Back on the subject of permadieing, to me it's unfair to start from scratch after all the hard work you went through with your previous character. I think we should allow them to fill their hot bar with whatever they want from their previous character, then the rest of thier stuff would be distributed as the town leader sees fit. Again, I point you to classic table tops. New characters are scaled to fit in with the party.

"Good news, everyone! You just read this in my voice!"

Back on the subject of permadieing, to me it's unfair to start from scratch after all the hard work you went through with your previous character. I think we should allow them to fill their hot bar with whatever they want from their previous character, then the rest of thier stuff would be distributed as the town leader sees fit. Again, I point you to classic table tops. New characters are scaled to fit in with the party.

Hmm .. On this I won't be changing my mind, but fear not ! We will put it to a vote and see what everyone else thinks :) Does that seem like a reasonable solution ?

Hmm .. On this I won't be changing my mind, but fear not ! We will put it to a vote and see what everyone else thinks :) Does that seem like a reasonable solution ?

I agree it shouldn't be ALL of a person's worldly possessions, but it shouldn't also be nothing.

I vote permadeath means a restart, as jed said (rhyme lol) if you join a faction, you can be reboosted to an appropriate level, although i wonder about the circumstances for permadeath, should merely one life (pvp) be allocated to players? if so, i doubt many people will want to fight, ya know?

You know what.... i've changed my mind, i might have thought of something different than permadeath, after thinking about it, i believe a system of recuperation should be implemented, ie i "die" in combat, so i am wounded, not allowed to play/or leave a hospital until a certain time has been fulfilled, it would allow for faction obliteration, if done quickly enough, and would satisfy dent, as well as encouraging players to engage in pvp. I'd like to hear your opinions guys :)

I would rather have permadeath and be able to start immediately over than sit in a "hospital" for X amount of time unable to play.

Maybe it's just me, but why are all the ideas floating around for griefing and PvP centered around the player being unable to play for a period of time?

This would still be just as discouraging.

What I would suggest instead would be a system where whenever you spawn your max life is cut in half until you get "medicine" (whatever that ends up being). If the player chooses to immediately begin combat again they are already at half health and that much faster to eliminate. Also the player would lose all their items on the ground and have to head back home to get their supplies.

Then there is a penalty for death, but it's not overly steep.

I have no problem with you losing your inventory when you die. That's not my problem. My problem lies in that fact that it seems that the permadeath wipes all your achievements, and starts you at the stone age again. I'd like some sort of system that would give you some, not all, of your items from your stash of items at home, so you don't have to go around collecting everything again.

My only problem is that permadeath discourages pvp very strongly yeah? maybe i'm just finicky.

My only problem is that permadeath discourages pvp very strongly yeah? maybe i'm just finicky.

Yeah, that's my problem too. It seems that lvl, while a focus of

The server, is being discouraged by a lack of balancing. Hence my idea of "scaling". Another idea could be each character has a certain amount of respawns as that character before his "body can't be healed" and needs to create a new character

The latter idea i agree with, i'm curious to see what anzoon, and jed think.

But I still don't like the idea of starting over, though I'm sure players would hide a stash somewhere in the world so that they don't have to start from the stone age when they truely die

Or, to make things very simple and to keep the best of both options, towns would decide upon the "permadeaths" of their members the extent of reclamation and repossession and possibly whether or not the extent is the same across all members.

Imposing delays of action as a result of deaths wouldn't really improve anything but the levels of anti-fun.

*shrugs* i was merely suggesting a middle ground, but extending how many "lives" you have, is possible, but anzoon, all towns would just say infinite lives at that point.

Just an idea, throwing out a number too, so here goes. Each player character gets, let's say 3 or 4, before they have a true death. These would be lives spent respawning after they were killed in pvp wars and duels, as Jed described in the first post. The character would be "too wounded" for anyone to save. Once the character is truly dead, they would be allowed to take, let's say, half a hot bar worth of items from their house, tools, various bits of metal, and the rest would be given to the town to do as they see fit. Sound good? Any other ideas or criticism would be welcome

Also, pertinant question...

I assume mods, other than terra, will be allowed on server? Rei's and Smart Moving?

'Nother one... A friend of mine is on a server( killer bee's IR server, to be exact)and they use teamspeak. It seems to work a lot better for them than mumble. A voice chat room thing would also help keep chat logs fairly spam free by having different chat rooms. I don't know if a chat room thing has been suggested yet, but what does everyone think?

I would definitely support having a voice server, specially teamspeak, not sure about the logistics of it however, and dent, i'm ambivalent on your suggestion, i want to see the others' comments before i pass judgement.

I would definitely support having a voice server, specially teamspeak, not sure about the logistics of it however, and dent, i'm ambivalent on your suggestion, i want to see the others' comments before i pass judgement.

Yeah, I know. It's not an ideal solution. I just wanted to get ideas flowing, see what might pop out, cause I know this isn't the best solution, just an idea. I wanna see what others think.

Sorry guys, it is my birthday so I have been away from the pc for some time :P

I will return tomorrow :P

Just an idea, throwing out a number too, so here goes. Each player character gets, let's say 3 or 4, before they have a true death. These would be lives spent respawning after they were killed in pvp wars and duels, as Jed described in the first post. The character would be "too wounded" for anyone to save. Once the character is truly dead, they would be allowed to take, let's say, half a hot bar worth of items from their house, tools, various bits of metal, and the rest would be given to the town to do as they see fit. Sound good? Any other ideas or criticism would be welcome

how 'bout when you die, your stuff gets divided among the town and you at the same time, maybe with an auction

how 'bout when you die, your stuff gets divided among the town and you at the same time, maybe with an auction

That's been suggested, several times in different forms, and no one came to a definite opinion about it... We just need more Ideas floating around, to get some snowballing around here

"PVP is forever limited to wars and duels"

I honestly think the only illigal PVP should be between 2 allies, 2 nutrals, and newly spawned(death or KO). Non faction, Confirmed esponoge/assasins, and creepers should be allowed. this encourages users to chose thier actions wisely and also to keep people from not being in a faction.

"Any building help would be awesome"

Alright, I'll be building the following(assuming MC does not crap out in SP, something i have yet to test out of fear. XD):

Shipwreak(underwater, out a distance)

Reef(would need to be built on the server you host)

Shipwreak washup(New arrival Spawn)

Mysteroius Hut(Spawn on KO. Supposed to be medican man house)

"Hmm .. If we have 3 writers, why not submit three sample stories, and pick one of them ? I want the flavour text to be the best it can be, even if that means I don't write it :P"

I've got something half written already. Wont be much, but thats because i want to leave it as open ended as possible. We are playing MC after all

fell asleep writing this, dont know how much i missed before replying.

EDIT:

"how 'bout when you die, your stuff gets divided among the town and you at the same time, maybe with an auction"

No. Lets get this done properly. First off, lets assume all the following: Each town is fairly sized(10 or so players), each town has a cript/graveyard, the charicter in question is dead or missing(Role play: captured without witnesses, ) TFC is updated to MC 1.3+. every player may write a will, in game. I assume this would be done with the book item. this will would be kept somewhere in the house of the player. the will depects where all the items will go if the player is dead/MIA(clauses, clauses, clauses). assuming there is no will, the items are sold off at an aucton. assuming the players remains(drops) are found, and no will exists, those drops are burried or creamated, based on town custom. if burried, items are placed in a chest at the graveyard. if creamated, its thrown into a fire never to be seen again. All items other then player drops remain in the house for 48 hours. Player drops(if found) are taken to a chest in the graveyard and wait for 48 hours beefore being burried, given out, reclaimed, burned.

Ok guys,

I have recovered from my celebrations and have a few updates:

There will be a teamspeak server, don't worry about that :)

I have put some of the generally agreed rules up on the OP, as well as listing some of the issues we still have that need resolving.

I am still looking for the best host possible. I will probably get an 80 slot server even if we don't need it, purely because it will improve performance for all of you. Danny has already helped with this, but if any of you find a decent host for a good price, just send me a message. The most important thing is that it is possible to load your own .jar's so we can get a TFC server.

Also, I have decided to name the server "Terra" to reflect 1) The use of TFC and 2) It's aim of reflecting life in the past, here on earth

P.S.

If someone manages to make a trailer for the war features using either of these songs, I will love them forever.

I just don't want a player whose been playing for a long time who suddenly dies have to start all the way back at the stone age. it just seems totally unfair.

Well, my house in the server i'm currently on got blown up, along with my storage. so the exact thing kind of just happened to me, sucks, but i'll deal.