Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

Assassinations- Carried out via contract. Contract MUST stay on assassin during the act. If not found on the assassin, the kill is deemed 'Illegal.' If assassin is caught by the 'local guards' then that faction has rights to punish as they see fit.

Merc work- Carried out via contract. Contract MUST stay either at the users home OR on the player in question. Merc's ignore alliances(they can kill allies if hired by a faction who is enemy of the contract.) Mercs are treated as warriors of the contracts faction and enemies may do as they see fit with them(including BUY THEM OUT)

Wills: If a player dies(or mysteriously disappears due to RP related things) and owns a will, written via the in game book item, then the will is carried out. The will may do the following:

-Determine where items may go. This may be vauge(Leave everything to one person) or detailed(leave 6 cobble to ConMan5, 1 red steel blade to BadBoy666, etc)

-Determine who takes the deed to the house(if deed is owned.)

-Determine what will be done based on cause of death.(if i die due to my own stupidity(lava), The following is done. If i die though age, my possessions are to be burned along with my house.)

-Determine what is done with the remains(drops) if found. buried in a chest at the graveyard, cremated, etc.

Remains MAY NOT, Unless items are specifically singled out (I leave my iron blade Kept on my person to XkillerX), be distributed to the faction will beneficiaries. they are either buried or burned.

benefits of using a will system is RP aspects, Community interaction, and allowing people to help others though the misfortune. Cons are almost exclusivly limited to not writing the bloody will in the first place

EDIT: Crap, was writing in the quick post screen and hit the button... Oops. and there is no delete option so i cant fix it. :(

Edited by ECC

So then if there is no will, the town or alliance will take control of the character's items?

And how do you wanna do the bookkeeping while we wait for the new update? Have a thread or something here?

Jed, this is a little suggestion for the server :3.

In fact, i haven't readed the whole thread, because of the TL:DR sindrome. What i have readed is that you were planning to use vanilla gold nuggets/bars/blocks as currency, and while it could see like they aren't obtainable in TFC, there is still a place where you can access and get tons and tons of it... The nether!

So, as long as they don't remove zombie pig mens/their drop, the players do have a way to create money, which may be pretty hard, but it's still there. My suggestion, then? firstly, make the access to the Nether fordibben -even though, if you got to enter there in TFC legally, i think you deserve even more wealth than you will receive for it :P-. Secondly, to create the battle chamber. What's that? it's simply a pretty big structure, covered in bedrock, with only one way in or out. The interior section will have a nether-like decoration, netherrack, lava, fire, and if you want to, a ghast; there will be tons -no exageration- of zombie pig mens spawners. What's this for? it is, kind of, like a gamble: life and wealth or start over again the whole game. Players who are tp here will have to fight the zombie pigmens until they get 63 gold nuggets, or 9 gold bars, or the equivalent in gold items -for example, a gold helmet and two gold swords- before they are allowed to get out. If they get the needed gold for getting out, they can, if they want to, stay inside and continue to kill more and more zombie pigmens, until they simply want to get outside or die because of their pride and greed. Also, if a player dies, their money and equipment should simply go away with them, or be saved in a chest in admins's vault. There is a rule for entering there, and that is, you can't carry anything but your equipment -that is, armor, weapons and ammo-, food and anything the zombie pig mens gave you.

While this do adds a way to generate money, it is fairly difficult, because you either go there in weak equipment and are raped by the zombie pigmens before getting even 15 nuggets, or go there in a hard to get wrought iron or best equipment, and get all your new wealth back with you, for showing the newbies how far you got in the game, while wearing a vanilla gold helmet and an enchanted vanilla gold sword -i have realized they sometimes drop a gold sword with "bane of the athropods II"-. Even in the best equipment, because of all the lava, fire and the ghast, you can die and lose everything anyways. Paired with the permaloss of all the gold nuggets you ever had, the currency shouldn't become too common or too rare.

Is just something i elaborated yesterday while in the bed, don't judge me if it's a bad idea :P i just wanted to know what you gus thinked about it.

We're not too sure if we are using vanilla gold or not. But the collusseum idea is really neat.

Remind me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only way to get to the nether obtaining a vanilla iron bar from a zombie to use in a flint and steel to use on the obsidian door?

We're not too sure if we are using vanilla gold or not. But the collusseum idea is really neat.

Remind me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only way to get to the nether obtaining a vanilla iron bar from a zombie to use in a flint and steel to use on the obsidian door?

Well, if you don't want a way to generate money, then i just gave you guys a good reason to look for another thing to use as currency ._.

And, even when that's another way to make it to the nether, it's not the only one. The door to the nether is activated when a fire tile block is detected inside the frame, that despawning the fire tile block and spawning the portal blocks. You can place a fire pit or lava next to the nether door, place something flammable over the lava/fire pit and just wait. They will eventually light up the flammable block , which will generate a fire tile block in it's sides or top. If you are lucky, you will eventually get one of them to generate inside the nether portal frame, that activating it.

"So then if there is no will, the town or alliance will take control of the character's items?

And how do you wanna do the bookkeeping while we wait for the new update? Have a thread or something here?"

Yes, faction takes control of anything not in a will or if the will is non-existent. Wills that cant be kept in books(pre-version support) would be put in this thread possibly. ultimately, what I would enjoy seeing, is someone committing murder, then hiding the will in order to do some sleezy profit ;D

yay plot devices!

Hahaha, you'd do well in a table top rpg

That kind of sleazy behaviour will be absolutely prohibited by the law ! (and totally encouraged by me, nice thinking ECC :P)

"So then if there is no will, the town or alliance will take control of the character's items?

And how do you wanna do the bookkeeping while we wait for the new update? Have a thread or something here?"

Yes, faction takes control of anything not in a will or if the will is non-existent. Wills that cant be kept in books(pre-version support) would be put in this thread possibly. ultimately, what I would enjoy seeing, is someone committing murder, then hiding the will in order to do some sleezy profit ;D

yay plot devices!

Hey, ECC, nice idea you have there, it would be a shame if someone used it on you :) BTW; what faction you are planning to join to?

Hey, ECC, nice idea you have there, it would be a shame if someone used it on you :) BTW; what faction you are planning to join to?

Right now, there are no factions :P

I was considering setting two from the beginning, but I would rather see them form naturally :)

Edit: Unless you guys have been plotting my downfall already :P I'll be like the last kid picked in dodge-ball, but subject to endless assassination attempts :L :L

I was considering setting two from the beginning, but I would rather see them form naturally :)

Edit: Unless you guys have been plotting my downfall already :P I'll be like the last kid picked in dodge-ball, but subject to endless assassination attempts :L :L

I was just joking :3 and i will try to be in the server... if i'm ever able to enter in it ._.

I was just joking :3 and i will try to be in the server... if i'm ever able to enter in it ._.

Why wouldn't you be able to go on it ? I'm even setting it up in North America, to make it easier for people like you, Arthur and Danny, seeing as Europe is even further from South America than North America is, you have better odds than if it was closer to home for me :P:)

I explained it to Danny when he asked me to join Raisercraft... and i don't actually think it's a good idea to post it anywhere : so... you can ask him if you want to

I explained it to Danny when he asked me to join Raisercraft... and i don't actually think it's a good idea to post it anywhere : so... you can ask him if you want to

Personal ? Say no more my friend, say no more. I hope whatever it is doesn't affect you too badly :/

i can think of one faction that might need to be formed from day one... "Server Staff" :P

i can think of one faction that might need to be formed from day one... "Server Staff" :P

Now, now Arthur, we're all about integration here .. We'll have to work in secret to plot our domination of the sever .. Like the Illuminati, but with the ability to banish people from existence :P

But yeah, regardless of the faction affiliations of server staff, the duty to the running of the server will always transcend any other faction ties :P

Personal ? Say no more my friend, say no more. I hope whatever it is doesn't affect you too badly :/

Except i can't enter most of the servers, it doesn't : and that's all i'm gonna say.

EDIT: oh, and for the lone wolf thing, it should depend on what the lone players has done to the faction. A faction shouldn't be able to say "Hey, look, a lone wolf, kill him and burn his house!" without a reason of some kind -like, he mined from that faction's mine-. Obviously, a member of a faction with some personal problems with the lone wolf can lie to his faction just for have them attack the lone wolf. That's what i think :.

So, Jed, do we have pretty much all the rules we need to start up?

'The contract has been signed, your fate long before sealed. You will not survive today my friend, you will not survive,' a whisper of a voice spoke out before the steel plunged deep and the blaring silence fell. The next day, the guards found their king dead and a card reading 'Piget me nihil.' on his chest.

RIP 1654-1702

Jed1314

'I regret nothing'

sorry, could not resist ;)

anyhow, I take it that the rules for contracts and wills stand?

*snip*

anyhow, I take it that the rules for contracts and wills stand?

I'm fine with it, and I don't see any problems Jed might have with it

They sound good to me .. I will add them to the rules section.

I agree that this seems to be the point where we have all of the infrastructure we need to start up the server.

All that remains now is the flavour text decision. I'd like everyone who is interested to submit their text, then we will choose between them :)

So, What are the issues that still need a solution?

Also, Since the mod is probably going to be updated to 1.3.2 soon, I guess that books could be very useful for many things in the server (inventory listing, diaries, etc.)

Ok, added section to OP regarding agents. All other issues will be tackled when we start the server, as I think we have covered the big things :)

Agents:

Any agent recruited must be given a contract. If 1.3.2 support is live, contracts will be written books containing the following info:

The name of the agent, the faction who recruited him, the payment offered and the job requested.

Here is a sample contract for an assassination on me:

Agent: Darkblade42

Hired by: The Resistance

Job: Assassinate Jed1314

Payment: 3 chickens and a block of dirt

There are 3 types of agent - Thief, Assassin and Mercenary

Thief - Stealth agent. Can steal items from other factions. Not allowed to kill.

Assassin - Stealth agent. Can kill specified targets. Not allowed to steal or kill anyone other than target.

Mercenary - Not stealth agent, has same rights as a faction at war with the target faction, but is controlled by the customer. Example: Mercenaries could be used to ambush a trade caravan of an ally who is growing too powerful. They could even be used to lay siege to a town with a big enough force.

All agents must carry their contracts at all times. Stealth agents are allowed to change their skin to blend in with the faction they are infiltrating.

Mercenaries aren't allowed to infiltrate factions, but can wear any skin apart from their targets (framing other factions anyone ? :P)

Also, radically restructured the OP to make it less "wall of text-y".

another idea for a punishment:Banishment

A charecter(not a player) can be banished from his faction or from all of the factions if he commited a crime which is in a higer level than prison but lower from death

the banishment can be within a certain time period or rest of charecter's life

another idea for a punishment:Banishment

A charecter(not a player) can be banished from his faction or from all of the factions if he commited a crime which is in a higer level than prison but lower from death

the banishment can be within a certain time period or rest of charecter's life

Sounds good. To be honest, you can give anyone any punishment for a crime, so long as the jury and judge pass it :P

For example, you could condemn a failed assassin to wear fluorescent pink clothing for the rest of his life. The justice system on this server should be very flexible :P