Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
dunkleosteus

Animals!

297 posts in this topic

Yeah, your "african desert" is a savannah xd

And honestly, I would love to see Savannah to be implemented. No, not for just one mob, but for plenty of mobs! Giraffes, zebras, at least lions, rhinos, elephants, hyenass, cheetah, crockodiles, gnu, gazella etc. etc.

And also to serve a very important (Too me) function of separating desert biomes from other biomes, so that a desert biomes would be surrounded by either ocean or savannah, eventually a jungle. Not an estern-european forest, or, gods forbid, a thundra! :o

... I'm not sure about this one... but weren't Tundras technically cold desserts?

Whatever, that won't be EVER seen again. As stuff appears depending on the latitude (or longitude? don't know...) you are in, you won't get a dessert right next to a tundra :P

EDIT:

ok here we go:

they were used during those time periods and before that by the persians, but i was under the assumption (based off of my own brain) that we were more leaning towards medieval Europe and not Asia/Middle East, base for this was the bears and deers upcoming, the multiple types of stone, and the mettalurgy with maces and swords as opposed to scimitars and stuff like that.

second quote:

yes i knew sahara is african but it doesnt have the Africa feel, its more of a OMG BURN IT ALL TO DEATH desert, the africa savanne has some deserts that are a lot more mild than the Sahara (though in no sense normal) where elephants do roam.

and we do have biomes in a sense, the height limit changes it: the closer to equator = hotter biome's (as far as i've noticed) its just a lot more logical and equalized.

Just 'cause they added only those it doesn't means it's the only thing we are getting, but the first thing they got from the top of their heads. From what i know, they are doing it at a world-wide scale.

I'm not sure "height" is the word you were looking for... :P my height is around 1,89 meters tall, just sayin'. But yeah, kuddos to you for noticing it by yourself.

-brainfart due shortage of sleep-

Um, not really. It just doesn't have trees. Just grass. And just snow, most of the year ;p

yea well elephants roam some deserts (im not talking sahara style but african desert style) the word Desert encompasses too much for me to make my point clearly, you are correct but elephants wouldnt fit in the jungles gameplay wise, and im sure there will not be a new biome for 1 mob type, (until you guys are beyond true releases for the mod :D)

stop being retarded in my thread. Yes, there are Desert Elephants, but they are much rarer than the african savanna elephants. Elephants ARE a confirmed mob. And the Sahara desert is IN africa.

Posted Image

I like how you're a developer too and are suggesting things like a regular user.

That is because I am a regular user too. I play the poop outta this mod and it just doesnt get boring. I fricking loves me some TFC and am looking forward to being there as it grows!

fukken elephants

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

stop being retarded in my thread. Yes, there are Desert Elephants, but they are much rarer than the african savanna elephants. Elephants ARE a confirmed mob. And the Sahara desert is IN africa.

yes i acknowledged they were confirmed and the sahara was in Africa, but i had a shortage of sleep at the point of posting, ive edited the top (i hope) post saying people should ignore anything i said beyond that point, sorry for being retarded (reading back, im facepalming myself)

It takes guts to admit that. You are a good guy.

I'll go ahead and admit that GreenLeafs signature applies to me as well, and I had no idea that there were desert elephants ;d

yes i acknowledged they were confirmed and the sahara was in Africa, but i had a shortage of sleep at the point of posting, ive edited the top (i hope) post saying people should ignore anything i said beyond that point, sorry for being retarded (reading back, im facepalming myself)

hey thanks.

A lot of people are retarded, but it's a select view who can admit it to themselves and others.

Although mammoths will be quite nice animals to color far north and/or far south of the map.

Although mammoths will be quite nice animals to color far north and/or far south of the map.

I think they where only in the far north... : i think.

I think they where only in the far north... : i think.

nope :)

"The Columbian mammoth (Mammuthus columbi) was a descendent of Mammuthus meridionalis,[2] and is an extinct species of elephant of the Quaternaryperiod that appeared in North America (in the present United States and to as far south as Nicaragua and Honduras) during the late Pleistocene."

That's still the north for me.

In fact, nearly any area in this world is north of mine, except for a number of locations (Antartica being just the most obvious one)

That's still the north for me.

In fact, nearly any area in this world is north of mine, except for a number of locations (Antartica being just the most obvious one)

But because It starts to get cooler again after the equator, which Honduras is very near to, it is not impossible that they COULD survive as far south as you :)

But because It starts to get cooler again after the equator, which Honduras is very near to, it is not impossible that they COULD survive as far south as you :)

Yep. Still prefer native south americans prehistoric mammals.

Like this one.

Yep. Still prefer others native sudamericans prehistoric mammals.

Like this one.

did you notice that you just threw spanish into your english sentence?

did you notice that you just threw spanish into your english sentence?

Yeah... sorry xD that's just lame...

Yeah... sorry xD that's just lame...

Wait, wait, wait, wait. What Spanish? I'm not the best at Spanish, but I don't see any Spanish there.

sudamerican = south 'merica

'merica? Really? xD J/K. Oh I didn't know that meant south american. I am bad at spanish...

'merica? Really? xD J/K. Oh I didn't know that meant south american. I am bad at spanish...

Yeah, i don't know what that was... xD

you call it sudamerica? Sul da America, right? Its a kind of abbreviation for it.

you call it sudamerica? Sul da America, right? Its a kind of abbreviation for it.

In spanish is "Sur de America", but other than that yeah, you are right :P

In spanish is "Sur de America", but other than that yeah, you are right :P

Sur.. haha that's funny, is like a "caipira"(redneck) saying sul...

Sur.. haha that's funny, is like a "caipira"(redneck) saying sul...

Ya know I've always heard that portuguese sounds like spanish spoken by someone with down syndrome...

My aunt confirmed this, and she is portuguese.