Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
yubyub96

Forests,and how i think they should be

TFC and its forests   37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like TFC forests?

• yes
    • no
    • neutral
  2. 2. Do you like my suggestion?

• Yeah, it has to be implemented in TFC!
    • Yeah.
    • Mmmmm, i think it can be better.
    • No.
    • No, its horrible, leave forests as they are!
  3. 3. Do you think this suggestion can be improved?How?(leave a comment)

• yes
    • no
    • neutral

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

dafuq?

two guys...?

-so confused-

Ya me to.... Let's just leave this topic.

Leo, are the particles triggerable by seasons. As in have you implemented that, or are you just making the particles move and render and stuff so far?

Ya me to.... Let's just leave this topic.

Leo, are the particles triggerable by seasons. As in have you implemented that, or are you just making the particles move and render and stuff so far?

hummmm... I see where you want to go with this, but that depends on how Bioxx has implemented seasons... I would say maybe...

As of now? No. They could be? Maybe.

But if they can have different textures for each season? I think so!

hummmm... I see where you want to go with this, but that depends on how Bioxx has implemented seasons... I would say maybe...

As of now? No. They could be? Maybe.

But if they can have different textures for each season? I think so!

Can you also make them vary in color size, shape, etc.? And it would be cool if on a windier (is there wind? if not, then some days, make it random) day, the leaves would float around and take longer to fall and they would be carried about.

Can you also make them vary in color size, shape, etc.? And it would be cool if on a windier (is there wind? if not, then some days, make it random) day, the leaves would float around and take longer to fall and they would be carried about.

YES, YES, YES! well... wind... hummm... Like I said each particle moves independently of the other and they all follow some kind of movement equation so implementing wind would be VERY hard, but it will enter as a goal in my list! (after all this has more to do with mathematics and physics than programming)

YES, YES, YES! well... wind... hummm... Like I said each particle moves independently of the other and they all follow some kind of movement equation so implementing wind would be VERY hard, but it will enter as a goal in my list! (after all this has more to do with mathematics and physics than programming)

could wind not be a world specific vector that the particles requested for movement calculation? that wouldn't be TOO hard, would it?

Leo have you checked out the COROS WEATHER MOD? That uses leaves falling from trees and there is a wind factor involved. It even blows the leaves across the ground when they land.

http://www.coros.us/mods/tornadoes

I used this with TFC up until recently. It started acting wacky and I stopped using it. It would make the game crash.

could wind not be a world specific vector that the particles requested for movement calculation? that wouldn't be TOO hard, would it?

It could be, no, that would not... But it would lead to particles easily travelling through blocks, when they fall is easier to predict where the movement stops. But if there is not a continuity of a single particle then simulating wind would be much easier.

I haven't seen that, I'll take a look.

can you look into dust clouds on blocks soon? I'd really like to see that :)

And maybe some vapor trails off of chickens that break the sound barrier. That would rock! :)

No but seriously. Fireflies! You can see them at dusk in the spring and summer! If that were possible.. OH JOY!

can you look into dust clouds on blocks soon? I'd really like to see that :)

There is a way, in blocksand tryToFall, just add the effects there, it should work!

There is a way, in blocksand tryToFall, just add the effects there, it should work!

you have the particle code.... go gogogo go

And maybe some vapor trails off of chickens that break the sound barrier. That would rock! :)

No but seriously. Fireflies! You can see them at dusk in the spring and summer! If that were possible.. OH JOY!

You know, I thought of that earlier today? It is possible, but without them emitting lighting, just as a particle that appears randomly with tick... Although I don't know how they would look like in the dark, I would have to test that

You know, I thought of that earlier today? It is possible, but without them emitting lighting, just as a particle that appears randomly with tick... Although I don't know how they would look like in the dark, I would have to test that

could you make it render with ignoring lighting?? that would make it look bright even in the dark

you have the particle code.... go gogogo go

It is 2:36AM here, I'm not with the whole brain working, I'd like to figure out a weird behavior towards a pathing I did, I don't know why the particles just teleports and blinks... Weird...

It is 2:36AM here, I'm not with the whole brain working, I'd like to figure out a weird behavior towards a pathing I did, I don't know why the particles just teleports and blinks... Weird...

best wait til morning then, no point making yourself tired by forcing a brain to work through the night. goodnight.

could you make it render with ignoring lighting?? that would make it look bright even in the dark

Forgot about that... yeah... it can!

Woohoo! I think the new mo creatures added fireflies. I think. Haven't seen it yet. Been too busy with TFC. Everything else kinda sucks a lot now. Haha!

Now that it works I can go to sleep, Good night to you all!

The work that you're doing is cool. Are you going to change particles when a season changes?

The work that you're doing is cool. Are you going to change particles when a season changes?

Hey Wolf, I've asnwered that

Btw, I don't really know how the particles are supposed to go in a fallen boulder, I've seen mine detonations, but this has a lot more to deal with art...

I'll try something like this:

(3:00)

But if anyone has a sketch to send me, I'm open for suggestions

I'd like to remind everyone (and leo) that he hasn't joined the dev team and we're not sure if the particles code will be implemented, it all depends on how it looks. Bioxx has a thing against new programmers and particles :/ so unless it's stunning I wouldn't get my hopes up...

you know my oppinion of those ECC >_<

deleted my post. ass ;P

~stabs dunk with a spork~

deleted my post. ass ;P

~stabs dunk with a spork~

~wields banhammer menacingly~

~wields banhammer menacingly~

~wields cookiehammer smirkingly~

~wields cookiehammer smirkingly~

you want a warning level too? ok :)