Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Leosallespoli

Particles

135 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think unless you're going to have a drastically increased CLOUD of particles it's better if they dissipate rather quickly.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtysR97Wgx8&feature=youtu.be

So, I think the dust from the boulder landing is done... It looks good, from now is just setting up parameters like duration, which was reduced, or size and velocities(I think its satisfying). Oh and there will be animations on the sprite, don't worry.

I will, now, work on the puff, from the detachment of the boulder, although, I have no idea of how it would be realistic without looking too cartoony... when blocks detach from formations they have low energy, they make a characteristic noise from the craking, but the dust comes from the friction on the movement. Any inputs?

I understand what you mean and agree with that. But thats up to Dunk and Bioxx, I don't know, but it would be cool, artists would have a LOT of work if it would be different for every rock, that's not really up to me, my code allows it.

The spread range is too much I think.

What about the falling particles? I barely see them, why not make them same as the others, so you will see the falling traces.

What about the falling particles? I barely see them, why not make them same as the others, so you will see the falling traces.

no falling particles. this is deliberate.

No, I don't think that it's too much large, but I think that it needs to be a bit taller. And then remember that the white squares will be changed with something cooler. It would be more realistic. Yes, realistic in this case...

like here at 0:20,

you can see the traces of the fall, by the dust that left floating, seems less weird that way I think.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTHeBJ_gkA

you can see the traces of the fall, by the dust that left floating, seems less weird that way I think.

But these are rocks, and the block that Leo is using is sand. Sand is full of powder, rock is solid.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTHeBJ_gkA

yup, I know...

But these are rocks, and the block that Leo is using is sand. Sand is full of powder, rock is solid.

It'll be rocks, sand is just easier to implement since I'm not working with tfc code.

yup, I know...

It'll be rocks, sand is just easier to implement since I'm not working with tfc code.

So will there be a smoke trail eventually?

So will there be a smoke trail eventually?

Eventually, Bioxx and Dunk are getting ready for the next update, then we will see.

Eventually, Bioxx and Dunk are getting ready for the next update, then we will see.

Gotta see it working. Send me another link to a vid with your most recent version

Gotta see it working. Send me another link to a vid with your most recent version

It is the last one I've send, the changes I've made would not be perceivable even in video, I've made possible to link to a file, so there can be an infinite amount of textures for the particles, with this animation is as near as it can get! :D

I would need someone to make a short gif or a tile so I can animate it!

Any other input on the path?

Edit: Oh.. and by the way... that thing I told you about, I tested

It is unknown the effect on smp... I just don't know... But my guess (Is freaking bold for a good reason) is that it will behave properly as intended because only the rendering is client side... updates are server side, right? So this got me all excited about somethings I want to talk with you about.

so why is stone forming?

it would be nice to have little rocks forming around the rockfalls as debris.

Been interesting watching through the progression. Getting closer and closer to a pretty kool looking particle effect. As for low end computers couldnt you add options to reduce particle numbers shown through priority of each particle?

so why is stone forming?

Just to prove it can. It can access World.class, so for example when leaves fall they form a patch on the ground.

This effect is caused by the particles hitting the block.

Just to prove it can. It can access World.class, so for example when leaves fall they form a patch on the ground.

This effect is caused by the particles hitting the block.

In that case can particals cause staining in your system? Example: Dirt falls and leaves semi-permanent dirt staining on your stone wall? This would be a layer effect otherwise you would need a new block for every placeable block in the game which seems like a lot of work everytime new ocntent is added.

In that case can particals cause staining in your system? Example: Dirt falls and leaves semi-permanent dirt staining on your stone wall? This would be a layer effect otherwise you would need a new block for every placeable block in the game which seems like a lot of work everytime new ocntent is added.

Depends of what you mean by stain. in the test I've made I set the particles to change the block they got near to ID 1 (stone), but the idea is to place a small block of leaves on top of the block the particles fall. But you could do anything with it.

Depends of what you mean by stain. in the test I've made I set the particles to change the block they got near to ID 1 (stone), but the idea is to place a small block of leaves on top of the block the particles fall. But you could do anything with it.

I tried a similar thing in MCP with rock debris. When you break a stone block with the pickaxe, it spawns some rock debris entities which fly in random directions and when they land on the ground they form a rock debris block. This would mean the player would make a mess wherever they mine and have to clear the area of rock debris with a shovel from time to time. But I like your idea with leaves.

I tried a similar thing in MCP with rock debris. When you break a stone block with the pickaxe, it spawns some rock debris entities which fly in random directions and when they land on the ground they form a rock debris block. This would mean the player would make a mess wherever they mine and have to clear the area of rock debris with a shovel from time to time. But I like your idea with leaves.

And what happened to your try?

And what happened to your try?

What's supposed to happen with tries? I was able to make it work. =)

Would you mind posting a video aeroc? You got me curious now.

That could be applied in TFC, as we got something fairly similar to rock debris already: the loose rocks blocks. It could be made so while mining with a pickaxe, instead of getting loose rocks items, a bunch of loose rocks spawn near by. That sounds pretty good :3

Would you mind posting a video aeroc? You got me curious now.

It's not pretty or polished, but here is the rough concept:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCETADyN3Gs

Two things are happening. When you break smooth stone it turns to cracked/cobble stone, and rock debris entities are spawned. When they land they make gravel. Ideally the rock entities would make rock debris blocks, which I haven't implemented. The rock debris pile could grow in height the more debris lands on it. I wasn't able to get the rock debris entities to render, so they're not visible, but they do pop off and follow an arc like any other time you break a block.

My other idea was to make smooth stone require multiple pickaxe strikes on it before it completely disappears. On each strike part of the block would be removed in a similar way to how TFC chisels work with the slab mode. Also why not have the rock debris entities continue to roll and fall, say down a mountain or hill, until they stop rather than have them spawn blocks the instant they touch ground.

If you're interested in the code, message me, it's not very complicated.

If that gets implemented, back to chisel mining it is.

It's not pretty or polished, but here is the rough concept:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCETADyN3Gs

Two things are happening. When you break smooth stone it turns to cracked/cobble stone, and rock debris entities are spawned. When they land they make gravel. Ideally the rock entities would make rock debris blocks, which I haven't implemented. The rock debris pile could grow in height the more debris lands on it. I wasn't able to get the rock debris entities to render, so they're not visible, but they do pop off and follow an arc like any other time you break a block.

My other idea was to make smooth stone require multiple pickaxe strikes on it before it completely disappears. On each strike part of the block would be removed in a similar way to how TFC chisels work with the slab mode. Also why not have the rock debris entities continue to roll and fall, say down a mountain or hill, until they stop rather than have them spawn blocks the instant they touch ground.

If you're interested in the code, message me, it's not very complicated.

It makes sense, but how do you get the stone or cobblestone?