Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
turtletechy

Items with no use

15 posts in this topic

I just want to see if I have the right information. These are items with no use in the game:

Metals

Silver

Stirling Silver

Lead

Brass

Nickel

Platinum

Gems

All unchipped

Minerals

Graphite

Gypsum

Jet

Olivine

Petrified Wood

Pitchblende

Saltpeter

Satinspar

Selenite

Serpentine

Sylvite

Why are so many of these things useless?

Terrafirmacraft is still a heavy WIP (Work In Progress) and new features are continuing to be added all the time. Additionally it is in beta. And again, Bioxx has left the development of TFC and has started work on TFC 2, a complete rewrite of TFC. This leaves only Dunk to work on the mod, giving very infrequent, but bigger updates. This will most likely be fixed in the future, but until then, hang tight. :D

Nickel, Brass, and Sterling Silver (which itself uses Silver) are all used to make Black, Red, and Blue Steel.

silver is a component of black bronze which is used to make black steel

Nickel, Brass, and Sterling Silver (which itself uses Silver) are all used to make Black, Red, and Blue Steel.

The wiki needs to be updated with this information then. You go to the page, and it doesn't have anything.

I just want to see if I have the right information. These are items with no use in the game:

Metals

Silver

Sterling Silver

Lead

Brass

Nickel

Platinum

Gems

All unchipped

Minerals

Graphite

Gypsum

Jet

Olivine

Petrified Wood

Pitchblende

Saltpeter

Satinspar

Selenite

Serpentine

Sylvite

Why are so many of these things useless?

NOTE: All of these answers may (not) be the true purpose for the many featureless substances in TerraFirmaCraft.

Silver I believe, since it's so dense, might have a larger use in forging blunt weapons. I figure it would go with sterling silver, as well.

Lead was used to make bullets in the early days of firearms, though I doubt it would have use in the TFC Rifle Department.

Brass would be eventually used for mostly home applications, but might find its way into being a military metal.

Nickel? Err... use it to make coins (honestly, I have no clue for the uses of nickel)?

Platinum (Again, I have not a thought about the applications of platinum)?

Gems could have a use for jewelry and hopefully currency.

The only use I could see for graphite is to make pencil lead.

Gypsum, jet, olivine, I don't know the possible uses.

Petrified wood is basically fossilized wood, if I am not mistaken.

Pitchblende is uranium ore, which I don't think I can see a use for TFC.

Saltpeter would be used as a component for creating gun(or explosive)powder.

Serpentine and Sylvite, I have no idea of the uses.

For some reason, while smelting Malachite I ended up with a Platinum Liquid, is this how Platinum is usually made or it is a bug? I've checked the Wiki but I found no information.

For some reason, while smelting Malachite I ended up with a Platinum Liquid, is this how Platinum is usually made or it is a bug? I've checked the Wiki but I found no information.

._______________. wut? Yeah, that is a bug. Unless you mean MAGNETITE. Malachite or Magnetite? Because Malachite gives only Copper, and Magnetite gives Iron and Platinum.

Is there any talk of cannons or primitive guns at all? Because I think that could serve a legitimate use for brass and saltpeter, if we can use these for the materials. As for the minerals, I just don't get why you have some without a use. Its just wasted space, really. I end up tossing the stuff into a pit whenever I find it.

no guns at all

considering a gunpowder based explosive though. We'll see

Terrafirmacraft is still a heavy WIP (Work In Progress) and new features are continuing to be added all the time. Additionally it is in beta. And again, Bioxx has left the development of TFC and has started work on TFC 2, a complete rewrite of TFC. This leaves only Dunk to work on the mod, giving very infrequent, but bigger updates. This will most likely be fixed in the future, but until then, hang tight. :D

What? I didn't know this. Then, Dunk is alone...is Dunk completely alone? And will this forum be used also for TFC2?

What? I didn't know this. Then, Dunk is alone...is Dunk completely alone? And will this forum be used also for TFC2?

+1 to this. I've been gone for a while, very curious about this statement.

Yes, and most likely (but there has been almost NO light shed on TFC2 except for the odd world gen pics {which btw are AWESOME!}).

Read THIS: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/3153-new-developments/

thread for more info. Dunk explains it. :D

Malachite is probably an ore fused with copper and platinum. I believe that there are ores that similarly give different metals (I.E. - Tetrahedrite, which gives copper and silver).

I like all these useless materials, as it helps with creating currency.

After all, you don't want people making pickaxes out of your coins.