Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crysyn

cobble walls

21 posts in this topic

This is a fairly common site around a farmer's field, as well as hedges. Just some way to stack cobble stone in a 1.5 height for a wall to keep out most pests would be fairly useful.

i know what he meant but essentially cobble block with a slab on top is 1.5 high and kinda is the same.

i know what he meant but essentially cobble block with a slab on top is 1.5 high and kinda is the same.

I believe Crysyn, as well as myself and probably many others, would prefer having something thinner to work with. A vertical half block if you will.

Yeah I am thinking like the timber supports we have thickness wise, but they just can be used to make solid walls.. Right now I am using timber but cobble stone walls would be awesome and fitting :)

This is doable and I need another use for cobblestone so we'll see once I get smp done

Maybe using a hammer on non-flux cobble makes it into stone shards, and then mixing that with clay or mud you can make stone walls?

Maybe using a hammer on non-flux cobble makes it into stone shards, and then mixing that with clay or mud you can make stone walls?

That also gives another use to clay. I think using all the abundant resources in multiple ways adds to the realism.

I cant help but to remember that BTW mod has something similar with saw and a sculptor or something i believe... i can never remember cause i never got that far. so i am pretty sure its doable. i think things like that would definitely add to the feel of evolving where you live and building up.

I cant help but to remember that BTW mod has something similar with saw and a sculptor or something i believe... i can never remember cause i never got that far. so i am pretty sure its doable. i think things like that would definitely add to the feel of evolving where you live and building up.

BTW with a saw mill can cut logs to planks, planks to half slabs, half slabs to quarters and quarters down to 1/8th blocks that can then be placed.. Each one of those pieces takes up the entire block they are placed within and will attach to the surfaces they are near.. I know he talked about stone cutting.. but none of this is middle of the block aligned like the struts or fence pieces... at least the last time I played BTW.

Cobble walls could just use the same code as the fences I would think. It would just use a cobble texture instead of wood.

Cobble walls could just use the same code as the fences I would think. It would just use a cobble texture instead of wood.

My thought as well, they should just be solid is all instead of posts :)

it should also be connectable to the wooden fences so it doesnt gap, or maybe make a stone fence ?

I strongly approve of THAT, sir.

My thought as well, they should just be solid is all instead of posts :)

Exactly. Keep the unjumpable height, middle of block, auto connect etc but make it look like a cool rock wall

so its a stone fence because fences already do this they connect to nearby blocks and their collision box is 1.5 blocks high so there is really no difference besides material.

so its a stone fence because fences already do this they connect to nearby blocks and their collision box is 1.5 blocks high so there is really no difference besides material.

Exactly, all it needs to be

Aesthetics. :U

I 100% love that what that mod Barkingnoise posted has done with the cobble fences.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0