Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bletch

[TFC 0.79.29] Udary Mod - Galena/Limonite Extraction, Ingame Alloy Calculator, Tucker Bag, Evaporator Pan & Drying Mat

169 posts in this topic

Silver from Galena Extraction
After reading a forum post from user Udary titled 'A use for Galena', he mentions a way to extract silver from the currently unused ore Galena. As I had never developed a mod before and I love playing TFC, I thought it a good idea to try a create a mod outlining the process Udary mentioned.

After a little research on the subject I have created a mod that allows the user to extract Silver from Galena.

The process is expensive in terms of the amount of silver returned from the Galena ore, but I did not want this extraction process to become the main source of silver. It was designed as a stop gap until a more viable source of Silver was found. Some ores are not used until later stages of TFC and I will be the first to admit that after investing a lot of time in a world, only to find some ores impossible to find can be frustrating.

Nickel from Limonite Extraction
In my current world I was unable to find two ores, Silver and Garnierite. I had already solved the problem of Silver, so now I needed a way to get Nickel. After a little research, I found that Nickel is present in Limonite. So working on a similar method as the Galena Extraction, I created a Nickel from Limonite extraction process.

Again this process is expensive in terms of the amount of nickel returned from the Limonite ore. This was not designed to replace the main ore mining, but provide a way to get small amounts of nickel to move forward.

Tucker Bag
A new item called Tucker Bag that allows players to capture and release animals from one location to another.

Evaporator Pan
A new device that allows players to extract items from fluids via evaporation.

Full Feature List
1. Silver extraction from Galena ore.
2. Nickel extraction from Limonite ore.
3. Transporting animals with Tucker Bags.
4. Extracting items from fluids via Evaporation.
5. Drying mat to dry fruit.
6. Alloy Calculator to allows players to check alloy combinations.
7. TFC Additions (To enable these, set the enableTerraFirmaCraftAdditions option to true in the config file "appdata.minecraftconfigudaryTFCUdaryMod.cfg")
    a. Additional Recipes
        * convert 1 x lumber to 8 x sticks.
        * ore breakup recipes using a hammer. 
            1 x 35 unit ore = 1 x 25 unit ore and 1 x 10 unit ore.
            1 x 25 unit ore = 1 x 15 unit ore and 1 x 10 unit ore.
    b. Additional Items
        * Added bucket support for most of the TFC fluids.
            Right click an empty wooden bucket on a barrel/vessel that contains the fluid.
        * Added glass bottle support for most of the TFC fluids.
            Right click an empty glass bottle on a barrel/vessel that contains the fluid.
        * Added Bottled Water. Can be drunk to replenish your thirst. 
            Right click an empty glass bottle on a barrel/vessel that contains FreshWater.
        * Added Bottled Milk. Can be drunk to replenish your thirst and diary level.
            Right click an empty glass bottle on a barrel/vessel that contains Milk.
        * Added Milk Jug. Can be drunk to replenish your thirst and diary level.
            Right click an empty ceramic jug on a barrel/vessel that contains Milk.
    c. Heat bar for the following items
        * Blooms
        * Ingots
        * Metal Sheets
        * UnfinishedArmor
        * Melted Metal (metal in molds)
        * Sand
    d. Hoe Detailed Growth Mode
        * When player has a agriculture skill level of expert or master, a more detailed growth mode is shown.

Users Guides
Silver from Galena - download
Nickel from Limonite - download
Tucker Bags - download
Evaporation Pan - download
Drying Mat - download
Alloy Calculator - download
TFC Additions - download

NOTE: There is a config file that allows you to turn one or both of the mods on and off. They are on by default.
I have zipped the mod and user guides together for easy downloading, just unzip and put the mod file into your mod folder.

Feel free to include this in your modpack.

Changelog:

Current Version 
TFC 0.79.29
0.2.33 (zip download, jar download)

Spoiler

(Bugfix) Alloy Calculator fixed to handle higher tier alloys.

Note: This version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.28 or earlier.

Previous Versions

Spoiler

TFC 0.79.29
0.2.32 (zip download, jar download)

(Changes) Updated TFC version to 0.79.29.

(Change) When tucker bag has been fully used, it no longer destroys it. You need to repair it for it to work again.
(Change) Added special WAILA case for tucker bag. The remaining value is always shown. It no longer relies on the showDamageValues option.
(Change) Moved the tucker bag WAILA details for an animal to the Udary Devices WAILA tab, it is no longer TFC related.

TFC 0.79.28
0.2.31 (zip download, jar download)

(Changes) Updated TFC version to 0.79.28.

(Change) Added enable flag for reinforced tucker bag in config file.
(Change) Added enable flag for Hot Spring water evaporation in config file.
(Change) Added stickConversion value in config file.
(Change) Drying mat is now stackable.
(New) Added new ceramic bucket. Can pickup Fresh, Salt and Hot Spring water.
(New) Added ceramic bucket knapping recipe.
(New) Added Fertiliser evaporation recipe that uses Hot Spring water.

Note: This version is not compatible with TFC 0.79.27 or earlier.

Edited by Bletch

What is your policy for modpacks? I would like to use this my modpack, technofirma.

No problem at all. Happy for you to include in your mod pack.

Sorry for the quick post, but a bug was discovered creating the bottled acid. An extra bottle would drop.

Have fixed the bug and uploaded the new version.

I noticed that the plan for the Copper wire requires the last three actions to be "draws". However, the position of the red marker is so far to the right that three "draws" from the rightmost position on the smithing bar goes too far to the left, and so the wire cannot be made. Essentially, it seems that the wire is unsmithable. Now, maybe I'm just new to smithing, but I think its impossible to actually smith the wire. I haven't used any other hammer types, so maybe each material moves the green marker different distances and the wire can be made, albeit with a different hammer. But even so, that means that a stone hammer is unable to smith copper wire, which I don't think you intended for in this mod.

Also, I love what you've brought to the table with this mod! The idea of alternative ore processing using primitive electricity and acids brings a cool "low-tech" high-tech feel. Even though you said it's not supposed to replace an actual source of the metal, I really want a massive galena-to-silver set up in my house for the sake of feeling like an industrial alchemist. Great job!

Gauntletnaught,

I have fixed the problem you have with the red arrow as much as I can. The placement of the red arrow is different for everyone and is dependent on a few factors. To try and eliminate the problem, I have removed the other two draw actions, and you now only need to finish with a draw. 

Also thanks for the positive comments, always great to get feedback. Not sure how many people are using the mod or even like it.

I also love the additional processes, it makes me feel like I am doing something other than farming crops and mining.

I have uploaded the new version, just use the link from the original post to get the new version.

That looks like a really interesting and must have addon for TFC! Anyway the download link gives me a 404 error, so I can't try this. 

Bletch probably needs to fix the link or use another download site.  You can get this mod from the Technofirma pack on the FTB Launcher.

Here is the server download for Technofirma.  The file you need is in the mods folder, [1.7.10]TFCUdaryMod-0.2.3.jar

Hey, many thanks ntwitch, I can finally try this! It's been about a week since I started searching for a link!

The link is back working now. I was cleaning up dropbox and the folder got deleted in the process.

Wow, with the additions of the wires in this mod would prove extremely useful in my TFC Steampunk pack.

This is a really awesome mod :D

I would like permission to add this to TerraFirmaPunk.

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

I am glad you like it, I am happy with how it turned out.

Feel free to include this in your modpack. 

The anodising vessel emits particles when it's working, but they go down when you get close to the vessel. Instead when you're further, they go up. Is this intentional?

I have not noticed the particle problem you mentioned. With the particles I am just leveraging the existing particle system within minecraft, I just turn it on/off.

Wow this is really cool, and it's a great approach to higher technology in TFC. Are you planning to expand on this to add other higher technology too?

Will this mod be updating to 0.79.17 soon?

New version released that is compatible with 79.16 and 79.17. Use the links in the first post.

Wow this is really cool, and it's a great approach to higher technology in TFC. Are you planning to expand on this to add other higher technology too?

No, I currently have no additional plans for this mod.

New version added with some additional functionality I have been working on.

Edited by Bletch

New version added with an alloy calculator block.

This block allows the user to calculate alloy's in game.

New version added with Bucket and Glass Bottle support for most TFC fluids.

Just a thought/request this process although it was designed for the extraction of ore, if you replace the sulfuric acid with salt water, this process can be used to extract the salt from water

Kickinit233 - thank you for the suggestion. Do you find salt hard to find that you might need a process to create it? When playing TFC I always found it pointless using salt to extend the life of food as it did not really add much additional time.

After playing TFC from scratch again and finishing off all my other items/recipes (fixing some pet hates), I have started working on something to make transporting animals easier.

After this has been completed/abandoned, I may have a look at your suggestion and see what I can do. I must admit, I like the new dynamic that Udary suggested and this mod introduced.

I have been playing TFC for 3 weeks now and I still can't find any rock salt, so yah salt is not easy to find.