Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft ForumsRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Tweets from https://twitter.com/Kittychanley/lists/terrafirmacraft
Recent Topic Replies
Apologies for the recent website downtime and issues with the forums and being unable to post. Everything should hopefully be fixed now. If you are still having issues please either tweet me at @Kittychanley or shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll take a look.
An update has been made to the forum software that will delete any accounts older than 90 days old that were never validated with the email sent to the address on file. This was done to help clear up our database of the thousands of non-validated accounts and allow new members to create accounts using those usernames or email addresses. Unfortunately it appears that this change also deleted 50 accounts that somehow were not validated, but were still able to post and create new topics on the forums. These accounts were not banned, and we are able to restore them if you contact us.
If you were the owner of one of these accounts, please create a new account and send me a private message, or shoot me an email at [email protected] with a message containing the username of the deleted account. I have a list of the deleted account usernames, so it should be a very quick check to see if that account is one of the ones that were accidentally deleted. All of your old topics and posts are still in our database, and I am able to merge them over to your new account, as well as then change the username of the new account back to the old username if you wish. The only information that is lost is any changes you made to your profile such as avatars or contact information.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.
I knew I was forgetting something when I updated the links yesterday. I forgot the homepage post!
TFC 0.79.20 Changelog
Upgraded to Forge 10.13.4.1448
- Due to the new fluid mechanics in this version of forge, there may be some unexpected bugs with liquids in this update. If you come across any of these bugs, please report them ASAP.
- Nerfed wrought iron ingot rare drop from zombies.
- Fixed IllegalAccessError crash when mounting a horse, donkey, or mule.
- Fixed NullPointerException crash from knapping by locking the slot that contains the item used to open the interface.
- Fixed food prep render while using fast graphics.
- Fixed sheep incorrectly loading the date they were last familiarized from NBT data. This bug only affected sheep that had been completely unloaded due to chunks unloading or world reboots.
- Fixed oil lamps being able to be smelted in a crucible with no heat and providing the incorrect metal. Oil lamps can still be recycled in a crucible for 100 units, but they must contain no fuel and the crucible must be heated to the melting temperature of the lamp's metal.
- Fixed ability to heat up anvils in the forge, which would result in destroying the item. The only way to recycle anvils is in a crucible.
0.79.19.708 has been released as a minor bugfix for an issue with the new knapping interface mechanics in SMP. Clients and those playing single player are not required to update, but it is strongly encouraged. Servers must update to this new copy of 79.19 in order to fix the issue.
TFC 0.79.19 Changelog
- Added WAILA config option for displaying ore quality. Config option appears in the TerraFirmaCraft "module" section of the WAILA config screen.
- Added baby pheasant texture so they don't look so weird when the calendar screws up and they spawn as babies.
- Added chat message for failed attempts at using a forge due to an invalid chimney.
- Added localisation support for "Male", "Female", and "Pregnant" chat messages.
- Dog tails rotate according to the animal's health, just like with vanilla dogs.
- Added number overlay to the health bar displayed while riding animals. Fixed the "Press 'sneak' to dismount" message appearing when opening up a horse/donkey inventory. Fixed the experience bar not rendering while riding a boat/pig/minecart/etc, even though they have no jump bar that would replace it.
- Prospector's Pick results now display ore quality for players with a master prospecting skill.
- Tweaked alcohol production so it only works with 4 to 12 oz of food per water bucket, instead of having no upper bounds.
- Note: Even with the added upper bounds, there are still a few cases where processing sugarcane will result in a barrel with a little fresh water that can convert to rum if left unattended.
- Gold pans have a 1 in 100 chance of breaking on the last of the 5 uses of a filled pan.
- Pheasant textures are now 64x32 like all other small animal textures. This fixes pheasants not rendering properly for players with very old graphics cards.
- Glass and Stained Glass blocks (not panes) are now considered solid blocks when checking for a valid chimney going straight up from the forge block.
- All TFC info messages that appear in chat are now grey and italicized to help distinguish from standard chat.
- Dirt, grass, gravel and sand blocks once again trigger block updates when destroyed by explosion. Should fix flying debris/tall grass/flowers/etc. leftover from surface explosions.
- Chopping down a tree now spawns combined itemstacks of logs instead of an individual log item entity for each block. While breaking from the top down, each time a full stack of 16 logs is reached the full itemstack entity is spawned at that height. Any leftover logs that don't make up a full stack of 16 will be spawned in an itemstack entity at the location of the block broken to trigger felling the tree.
- Switched bow to use four pulling textures instead of three.
- Bow is drawing, but cannot be fired.
- Bow can be fired with the minimum amount of force.
- Bow is a bit more drawn just to help fill the animation gap.
- Bow is fully drawn.
- Crucibles with nothing in them now say "Empty" instead of "Unknown".
- Newly generated swamp biomes will have dirt underneath the water, instead of stone.
- Removed the grain restriction on the food prep slots while it is in sandwich mode, because there is no restriction on those slots while it is in salad mode so it was easy to get around anyways.
- Changed knapping interface to only consume the items from your inventory under specific conditions. Clay is consumed when the first valid recipe is formed. Rocks and leather are consumed when the first piece is removed from the screen.
- Fixed clicking on a placed metal sheet with a metal sheet of a different type converting the sheet in the player's hand to be the same type as the one that is placed.
- Fixed support beams being invisible to other players in SMP when placed top-down.
- Fixed lamps consuming fuel while they are turned off.
- Fixed ClassCastExceptions caused by forest generation, fence gates, saplings generating on farmland, debris generation, and biome decoration.
- Fixed NullPointerException in the anvil GUI.
- Hopefully fixed drunk players getting kicked from servers when attempting to type in chat.
- Fixed barrels attempting hide processing when food is sealed in a water barrel and is not a valid alcohol recipe.
- Fixed bloomery block deleting itself without dropping the item if the chimney is no longer valid.
- Hopefully fixed the ceramic break sound not playing for the player who broke the ceramic item.
- Fixed Chalcolithic achievement not triggering if filling the mold completely drains the vessel of liquid metal.
- Fixed loom duplication of string/yarn/jute fiber exploit.
- Fixed the height of a riding player not adjusting with the size of the ridden horse/donkey/mule.
- Fixed blast furnace destroying the ore if the crucible below it doesn't have enough space to hold the molten metal.
- Fixed tamed dogs with a collar becoming fully healed when pet.
- Hopefully fixed the rare case of the fire block being extinguished when the pit kiln timer completes, which resulted in the pit kiln failing to complete its conversion process.
- Fixed pond weed not being able to generate in fresh water.
- Fixed grass spreading to dirt blocks that are underwater.
- Semi-fixed the duplication bug from using NEI to look up a recipe while in the knapping interface. Rocks and leather will properly save the state they were previously in when the player looks up a recipe. Clay will reset, but is still somewhat buggy. If the clay screen is reset before the output item is taken, the interface will look like it has been reset, but in reality all the same spots have still been removed (exit interface to truly reset without losing clay if there was no valid output). If the clay is reset after the output item is taken, the interface properly resets and you are able to form a new item which will consume another 5 clay.
As some of you may have noticed, the forums and the wiki have been periodically becoming unavailable over the past few days. We have found the cause of the issue, and have even updated some of our forum software after fixing the problem. Hopefully the forums and the wiki will not go down again, and everything should run a bit faster and better as well.
If the forums or the wiki ever go down, feel free to shoot me a tweet @Kittychanley, or send me an email at [email protected] to notify me of the issue. We'll try our best to make sure everything is back up and running as soon as possible.
- All water buckets (salt/fresh, wooden/red steel) can now be used to fill vanilla cauldrons. This was added per request for mod compatibility, but the request was not very specific. If this is incorrectly balanced please let us know exactly which buckets were supposed to be changed to work with cauldrons.
- Added config option to disable hiding of blocks and items from NEI. Set to false to show hidden items in NEI. Note: Most of these items were hidden to prevent players from cheating them in and crashing their game. Use at your own risk.
- Powder keg explosions now scale according to how much gunpowder is inside.
- Requires a minimum of 12 gunpowder for a tiny explosion.
- Three stacks of gunpowder will give the previous B79 explosion size.
- A full barrel (12 stacks) will give the old B78 massive explosion.
- Large vessels can no longer be used as powder kegs.
- Added config option for server admins to disable powder kegs.
- Added the ability to glaze colors onto small ceramic vessels for easier organization. Craft an unfired clay vessel with any oredictionary-registered dye to color it. Crafting with another piece of dye will override the original color, not mix with it. There is no way to remove the color once it has been added.
- Items melted in the forge that result in only one ingot will go into the input slot rather than try to be moved over to the storage slots.
- Bloom Overhaul - This change means that all large blooms must be split in the anvil in order to get the full amount of wrought iron. Once the bloom has been split into 100 unit or less pieces, it is up to the player if they wish to turn it into an ingot by using the anvil, forge, or crucible.
- Crucible input slot will no longer accept refined blooms larger than 100 units, or raw blooms of any size.
- Raw blooms that are melted in a forge will now give unknown metal.
- Refined & Raw Blooms of any size that are melted in the forge will give at maximum 100 units of metal. Any remaining units of metal will be destroyed.
- Removed the majority of plans being automatically selected in the anvil. Players must now manually select the plan.
- Splitting blooms no longer auto-places the blooms in the player's inventory. Instead, split blooms are spawned in the world on top of the anvil. Note: Due to how finicky item entities are in Minecraft, it is strongly suggested that you stand directly next to the anvil while splitting blooms to make sure you pick the items up.
- Changed wooden button crafting recipe to just use one plank block again.
- Seaweed can be quickly harvested using left or right click with a knife.
- Hoe modes won't switch to nutrient mode for stone hoes even when the player has a high enough agriculture skill since nutrient mode doesn't work on stone hoes no matter what.
- Added bone handle recipes for stone javelins. All stone tools should now be able to be crafted with either a stick or a bone as the handle. This difference does nothing other than add a use for bones.
- Lamps now give off the same light level as glowstone, instead of the light level of torches.
- Fixed anvils not taking world seed into account when determining placement of the red arrow for smithing. A "superseed" which is never shared with the client, and is determined on initial world load has also been added, so even worlds with the same seed that were generated at different times will have different red arrow placements for specific smithing recipes. Note: Unfortunately this change means that the red arrow placement on all existing worlds has changed, and your current combinations of moves will likely no longer work. However, this new arrow placement should not change even if the server reboots.
- Fixed mortar creation draining too much lime water, often resulting in a negative amount of liquid left in the barrel.
- Fixed sugarcane processing not properly checking the water : cane ratio, resulting in less than an ounce of sugar if too much cane was processed.
- Fixed ghost items in the input slot when barrel processing results in more than one full stack of items.
- Fixed sapling timer to properly use config modifier and start the moment the sapling has been planted.
- Fixed stone dropping the wrong rocks and no gems when mined by machines from other mods.
- Fixed burned out torches being replaced and consuming a torch if you miss and click the top/bottom side of a block.
- Fixed infinitely looping falling blocks on partially chiseled detailed blocks, as well as some other vanilla and modded blocks.
- Fixed rare exploit that allowed for growing crops underground.
I'm currently looking into setting up a Patreon page for TerraFirmaCraft.
I'm curious what kind of rewards you, the potential patrons, would like to see and would motivate you to potentially make a pledge. Because TFC2 is still in very very early development, the rewards from patreon page would be primarily aimed at development of the current Beta TFC, and not TFC2. The proceeds from this page would be split between our development staff.
Alright guys, 79.16 is finally out. Thanks in no small part to Kittychanley spending oh so many hours bug fixing and cleaning up after all the coding mistakes of Dunk and I, we should hopefully have another stable build. Even though this is not a full version increase, we've included the new oil lamps to hopefully appease some of the crybabies I hope you guys enjoy the new patch!
Head on over to the Download page to grab a copy and don't forget to read through the change log as always!
- Upgraded to Forge 10.13.2.1291
- Important: This update breaks compatibility with the majority of TFC addons. Either uninstall all addons, or wait to update TFC until the addons you use are updated to be compatible.