Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft ForumsRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Suggestions Today, 02:20 AM
Ok, so I've noticed something. The eggs in Terrafirmacraft are nearly paper white. Most chicken breeds lay light to dark brown eggs, sometimes even speckled. The eggs that you get out of the grocery store aren't nearly representative of the eggs that you would've gotten out of the average chicken...
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
Support Today, 12:05 AM
Hello. I have some questions about TFC. 1) Straw grow again on same or random place in world? 2) Same question about crops, same or random? 3) Fruit trees or berry can grow again in world? 4) Wiki says: "Cloudberry and cranberry bushes only spawn on peat, making then extremely rare to...
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
Seed Request Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Alright, I tried to find Ethos seed, but it seems no one has it.... so I would like a 78.05 (I dont really like build 79 too much) seed with two large hills (not mountains, HILLS.) With a large lake directly next to the hills, a seed almost exactly like Ethos, rock preferably Andesite, but Shale...
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
Support Yesterday, 08:31 PM
First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, this forum is very badly designed. Now, on to the point. Is it possible to make a TFC 79.18 server automatically stop the world as soon as there are no players on it? Thanks, RageLokiCat
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
Support Yesterday, 06:36 AM
I just started playing TFC about a week or two ago and am loving it! I tried a few searches for this topic but didn't find it anywhere. I found two wolves and started familiarizing them. I had one a little over a third and one about a fourth familiarized. I have a few problems. One, I have...
Full topic ›
Full topic ›
- All water buckets (salt/fresh, wooden/red steel) can now be used to fill vanilla cauldrons. This was added per request for mod compatibility, but the request was not very specific. If this is incorrectly balanced please let us know exactly which buckets were supposed to be changed to work with cauldrons.
- Added config option to disable hiding of blocks and items from NEI. Set to false to show hidden items in NEI. Note: Most of these items were hidden to prevent players from cheating them in and crashing their game. Use at your own risk.
- Powder keg explosions now scale according to how much gunpowder is inside.
- Requires a minimum of 12 gunpowder for a tiny explosion.
- Three stacks of gunpowder will give the previous B79 explosion size.
- A full barrel (12 stacks) will give the old B78 massive explosion.
- Large vessels can no longer be used as powder kegs.
- Added config option for server admins to disable powder kegs.
- Added the ability to glaze colors onto small ceramic vessels for easier organization. Craft an unfired clay vessel with any oredictionary-registered dye to color it. Crafting with another piece of dye will override the original color, not mix with it. There is no way to remove the color once it has been added.
- Items melted in the forge that result in only one ingot will go into the input slot rather than try to be moved over to the storage slots.
- Bloom Overhaul - This change means that all large blooms must be split in the anvil in order to get the full amount of wrought iron. Once the bloom has been split into 100 unit or less pieces, it is up to the player if they wish to turn it into an ingot by using the anvil, forge, or crucible.
- Crucible input slot will no longer accept refined blooms larger than 100 units, or raw blooms of any size.
- Raw blooms that are melted in a forge will now give unknown metal.
- Refined & Raw Blooms of any size that are melted in the forge will give at maximum 100 units of metal. Any remaining units of metal will be destroyed.
- Removed the majority of plans being automatically selected in the anvil. Players must now manually select the plan.
- Splitting blooms no longer auto-places the blooms in the player's inventory. Instead, split blooms are spawned in the world on top of the anvil. Note: Due to how finicky item entities are in Minecraft, it is strongly suggested that you stand directly next to the anvil while splitting blooms to make sure you pick the items up.
- Changed wooden button crafting recipe to just use one plank block again.
- Seaweed can be quickly harvested using left or right click with a knife.
- Hoe modes won't switch to nutrient mode for stone hoes even when the player has a high enough agriculture skill since nutrient mode doesn't work on stone hoes no matter what.
- Added bone handle recipes for stone javelins. All stone tools should now be able to be crafted with either a stick or a bone as the handle. This difference does nothing other than add a use for bones.
- Lamps now give off the same light level as glowstone, instead of the light level of torches.
- Fixed anvils not taking world seed into account when determining placement of the red arrow for smithing. A "superseed" which is never shared with the client, and is determined on initial world load has also been added, so even worlds with the same seed that were generated at different times will have different red arrow placements for specific smithing recipes. Note: Unfortunately this change means that the red arrow placement on all existing worlds has changed, and your current combinations of moves will likely no longer work. However, this new arrow placement should not change even if the server reboots.
- Fixed mortar creation draining too much lime water, often resulting in a negative amount of liquid left in the barrel.
- Fixed sugarcane processing not properly checking the water : cane ratio, resulting in less than an ounce of sugar if too much cane was processed.
- Fixed ghost items in the input slot when barrel processing results in more than one full stack of items.
- Fixed sapling timer to properly use config modifier and start the moment the sapling has been planted.
- Fixed stone dropping the wrong rocks and no gems when mined by machines from other mods.
- Fixed burned out torches being replaced and consuming a torch if you miss and click the top/bottom side of a block.
- Fixed infinitely looping falling blocks on partially chiseled detailed blocks, as well as some other vanilla and modded blocks.
- Fixed rare exploit that allowed for growing crops underground.
I'm currently looking into setting up a Patreon page for TerraFirmaCraft.
I'm curious what kind of rewards you, the potential patrons, would like to see and would motivate you to potentially make a pledge. Because TFC2 is still in very very early development, the rewards from patreon page would be primarily aimed at development of the current Beta TFC, and not TFC2. The proceeds from this page would be split between our development staff.
Alright guys, 79.16 is finally out. Thanks in no small part to Kittychanley spending oh so many hours bug fixing and cleaning up after all the coding mistakes of Dunk and I, we should hopefully have another stable build. Even though this is not a full version increase, we've included the new oil lamps to hopefully appease some of the crybabies I hope you guys enjoy the new patch!
Head on over to the Download page to grab a copy and don't forget to read through the change log as always!
- Upgraded to Forge 10.13.2.1291
- Important: This update breaks compatibility with the majority of TFC addons. Either uninstall all addons, or wait to update TFC until the addons you use are updated to be compatible.
A new modpack subforum has been added to the Show Off section of the forums! I am currently going through the forums and moving any appropriate topics to this forum. If you believe your topic belongs in this forum, and it is not moved within the next 48 hours, please let me know so I can move it.
I promised some news on where things are headed with the anniversary post and I think its about time to at least let you guys in on where things stand. I'll put things bluntly first and then expound.
1.8 sucks. TFC will not be ported to 1.8.
I say this only halfheartedly however. Some of the changes that 1.8 has brought to the table are actually very welcome in the grand scheme of things. However it feels like it was released with no regard for modders whatsoever. This is my personal reaction and I know that it is actually a bit harsh as I'm aware at the level of interaction that Mojang has with the Forge team and others.
I won't go into too many details about all the little and big things that they've changed which have really stuck a dagger through any plans to port TFC. Suffice to say a great many things, most notably chiseling, appear to be impossible at this time to bring into the new rendering system that Mojang has so graciously *Rolls Eyes* bestowed upon us. There are a number of other things that also make porting the existing codebase into 1.8 far more trouble than it is worth as well.
Now what does all of this mean? It means that TFC will not be porting beyond 1.7. Even if a way is provided to deal with all of the new rendering issues, there are other things that would require us to essentially rewrite TFC in order to deal with.
So a rewrite is what will happen. Very, very, very slowly. Some of you may remember my old TFC2 project from long ago. That is being revived in some incarnation as the next iteration of TFC. Nothing is entirely set in stone beyond the fact that I plan to take my time with this one. As more plans are solidified, I'll be sure to fill you guys in. As far as TFC Build 80 and beyond are concerned, we will continue to add more content for 1.7 and polish the game.
Dont worry, your new light source is still coming.
Edit added by Kittychanley:
For a bit of clarification since there seems to be some misunderstanding of the above final paragraphs.
- TFC "Beta" (i.e. Versions that start with 0.#) will not be ported beyond Minecraft 1.7.10
- TFC2, a complete rewrite of TFC "Beta" is currently planned for Minecraft 1.8, but will take a very long time before it is released.
If you have a moment please cast your votes regarding how you play TFC. If you have friends who play TFC, we would greatly appreciate if you spread the word and ask them to vote as well. It only takes a second, and the results give us better insight on TFC's playerbase.
Please note that anybody can vote in this poll, and you do not need any sort of account to cast your vote.
Can you guys believe its been 3 years already? There is some big news on the future of TFC in regards to 1.8 and beyond coming soon so I wanted to give you guys a heads up on that, however I'm not quite ready to discuss our plans here. Suffice to say that there are some big changes coming. But for now, enjoy the bug fixes just released in 79.15.
It took us a little while to get this together but I think there are a number of solid things in this update. Hopefully my new cheese stuff doesn't cause crashes *crosses fingers*.
Note: A change was made that will result in a Forge Mod Loader error when you first load up your existing worlds due to the removal of an unused item. It is perfectly safe to hit "Yes".
Important: The base version of Forge that we are using has been upgraded to 10.13.2.1272