Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

Also lol, while I was in the logs:

2012-08-25 14:05:12 [INFO] <hollogodis> i found someons base lol2012-08-25 14:05:16 [INFO] <Zelitor> you know how to use propic?2012-08-25 14:05:19 [INFO] <hollogodis> nice mine systemlol2012-08-25 14:05:21 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> hollo you should loot it all2012-08-25 14:05:23 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> Nah jk2012-08-25 14:05:26 [INFO] <hollogodis> i did XD2012-08-25 14:05:28 [INFO] <Samasiassa> gimedat, im try to find ores2012-08-25 14:05:29 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> That would be an awful thing to do2012-08-25 14:05:30 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> WHAT2012-08-25 14:05:35 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> You looted the guy?2012-08-25 14:05:37 [INFO] <Zelitor> do you know how to use it?2012-08-25 14:05:38 [INFO] <hollogodis> >=) muahaha2012-08-25 14:05:45 [INFO] <JoeyTehPwnzar> Holy, you2012-08-25 14:05:48 [INFO] <hollogodis> yea but he had not anything worth really

So yeah, you're crazy banned.

Yea this was BEFORE i knew stealing wasnt allowed it was BEFORE i visited the town with people in, I guess i read the rules at the spawn i suppose? But it was several days ago and I was just chilling out in a house with another guy i was playing with and didnt remember no stealing rule, often the default rules is no griefing and cheating

Also in case anyone was worried he might be telling the truth:

2012-08-25 14:33:28 [INFO] <hollogodis> k2012-08-25 14:33:29 [INFO] hollogodis lost connection: disconnect.quitting

Clients don't send quit codes when they crash. The connection reason is "disconnect.genericReason" not "disconnect.quitting".

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE am telling the truth what happend....

If you check the logs i think Joey says stealing is against the rules and im like oh really? and hes like yea. Then you could also paste the part where you said it was all ok and I wasnt going to be banned but was anyways. Thats what you get for being honest a fuck you to the face -.-'

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE am telling the truth what happend....

actually it's quite the oppisite. the log there is telling us that you chose to quit the game, rather then it being the memory loss crash you claimed ealier.

Yea this was BEFORE i knew stealing wasnt allowed it was BEFORE i visited the town with people in, I guess i read the rules at the spawn i suppose? But it was several days ago and I was just chilling out in a house with another guy i was playing with and didnt remember no stealing rule, often the default rules is no griefing and cheating

Because stealing isn't griefing at all. How would you feel if you logged in to find all your shit gone? Everything you've worked for for hours and days. Tell me in what way or language that could possibly ever be not considered griefing?

Because stealing isn't griefing at all. How would you feel if you logged in to find all your shit gone? Everything you've worked for for hours and days. Tell me in what way or language that could possibly ever be not considered griefing?

Devils advocate here, theft is allowed on my server as long as it is one faction stealing from another and not individuals stealing from each other, but griefing is banned. That said, on a normal server I don't think there is any question that theft is wrong.

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it. Most players who are banned for stealing don't get the benefit of a conversation first, because I actually don't care whether they knew stealing was wrong or not. Thieves get banned, no appeals. That is how the server works.

Hey guys,

After a couple days doing other stuff, tonight I'm going to update the server. We're going to finally be incrementing to 48g server-side, and incorporating the log trimming improvements to thief taker. Additionally, I'm going to finally be moving us into DLP's spawn building, so if anyone wants a teleport in to check it out this evening, I'll be around! Be sure to thank DLP for her work, and her patience since it's been done for nearly a week and I haven't been around much.

First, I really enjoyed playing on this server. My first night playing was met with a group of people that were friendly and willing to help out with things and answer questions. Sadly, after not being able to log on last night I returned to find my house looted. It's really sad that one person can ruin an experience that so many worked to make great.

LordLothair,

Let me know where you're located or when I can find you online, and I'll be sure to check your chest logs & ban the offenders. A lot of thieves tend to run out into the night with their haul and die, losing it, but if that's not the case, I can also restore your items from their inventory.

Hi, LordLothair, I used the chest logs to find your home and have banned player DaWindTaker, your thief. Unfortunately it looked like he died on his way out of your house, losing any sort of items he might have had on him.

Man, now I've gotta decide whether to ban Star_EagleHunter just for being friends with you.

EDIT: Yeah, I think I will. Ultimately, I can't trust him when you're behind the wheel with him! Sorry, Star_EagleHunter!

Nice castle uve made on the spawnpoint ^^

I think DarkLadyPhoenix made a lot of it.

I played on the server for the first time last night also. As I was admiring the chain on the drawbridge, a skeleton dropped down from above, chased me back in, and killed me. I wasn't planning on leaving the castle until daylight, just to be safe, but neglected the possibility of monsters on the roof!

Once I did get back on, I found plenty of animals, found a good place to start, and made it easily through my first real night.

Yeah, sorry if it's not totally clear, but the only 100% safe space is in the rock garden where you start out. The castle is generally lit but not particularly safe.

And yes, the whole spawn was 100% created by DarkLadyPhoenix.

By the way, the mediafire link on the first page for the mod is invalid. It looks like the bug that causes the crash is still there.

Actually, as someone else said, in most online games, taking stuff that you can use is not griefing. A griefer is someone who abuses friendly fire to kill their own teammates, or goes to low-level areas to kill players that have no chance to fight back. Those actions would be fine if you gained something from them, but doing it when you have nothing to gain makes you a griefer.

In Minecraft, the term is pretty vague, since ever server has different rules. The previous server that I played on allowed you to kill players to take their stuff, but didn't allow you to burn down buildings just to cause destruction (ie. griefing). The signs at DHB's spawn should definitely clarify "no griefing & no stealing".

That said, even if there's no signs at spawn, there's no excuse for taking someone else's stuff without first finding out whether the server allows it or not. I'm not going to advocate him being reinstated.

Edit: sorry for double posting. I forgot that I had just posted in this thread. Where's the delete button?

Hi, LordLothair, I used the chest logs to find your home and have banned player DaWindTaker, your thief. Unfortunately it looked like he died on his way out of your house, losing any sort of items he might have had on him.

Yeah, I figured by what looked like Creeper damage to the building and fence. Thanks for getting on that so quickly. It'll take some time, but I'm sure I'll be able to recreate/refind the stuff he took.

Yeah, sorry if it's not totally clear, but the only 100% safe space is in the rock garden where you start out. The castle is generally lit but not particularly safe.

And yes, the whole spawn was 100% created by DarkLadyPhoenix.

It's very difficult to make an area of that size 100% mob proof. However, I'm pretty sure mobs can't spawn on top of chiseled blocks, half slabs and stairs so I tried to put them everywhere so where did the one from the roof come from?

And I didn't put the door opening buttons down, so only 99% created by me :P

The farrier's has an issue though. The planks I put in for the second floor keeps disappearing and I don't know why. You can't currently get to the bedroom.

Cool server, been playing here a few days now. You guys have TS/Mumble?

Hey thanks for the heads-up on the link everyone. I've gotten that fixed. We do not have a voice server- I'm not really against it, but I'm tapped out paying our server rent.

Someone stole the stuff in my chests (food, leather, zinc/tin nuggets) at <removed>

No one else was given permission to them (I've been playing alone), so anyone who accessed them is probably a thief.

Everyone in chat encouraged me to report it, so that the thief can be caught.

Thanks!

Edit: Removed coordinates, they're no longer necessary.