Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Go to hell

277 posts in this topic

New question: Nether day and night cycles?

I do have an idea for other nether mob... although it maybe -is- hard to code... I was thinking about a necromancer, that could invoke skeletons -not necessarily the overworld ones-, make fire under your feets, and, extremely rarely, be riding a ghast -that is, if you keep the ghasts in...-. Like if it wasn't enaff with dragon-like demons and those wyrms, this guy comes in to ruin your nether day :P

Also, IF you guys are gonna keep the zombie pigmens, maybe overhauling them... I mean, i like them as they are, but for some reason i don't feel like they fit in the nether, for me they should be from a purgatory like dimension :mellow: ... it could be just me, of course :P

pig zombies are not going to stay (I think they are ridiculous) and neither will ghasts. I don't think necromancers will exist hear either, because that's not the feel I'm going for. The nether isn't going to have a connection to the overworld, it isn't the "hell" or some counter-world, it exists independently with it's own monsters. This is why I can't have the undead here. They would have no way of getting there. Kind of like how if humans launched a rocket to another planet, everything on that planet would be completely different from things on earth, there wouldn't be any trees or things like that.

New question: Nether day and night cycles?

probably not, as the nether does not exist in the same universe. In stead of rocky spheres orbiting larger balls of gas, there is rock, monsters and darkness.

And neither will ghasts.

Why have ghasts been scrapped?

Why have ghasts been scrapped?

They just don't fit in the nether that I imagine, and the new lava wyrms shoot fireballs as well, so they feel obsolete

Winged monkeys maybe? :3

(that just put the BG music song from wizard of oz monkeys in my mind)

Does it have to be monkeys?

(that just put the BG music song from wizard of oz monkeys in my mind)

Does it have to be monkeys?

I don't think there will be any monkeys. I'm trying to stay away from anything that looks like anything real

So nothing flys?

Insects. Locusts, Flies, Nasty bugs, Make them large, ugly, and make them everywhere. Insects are deeply rooted in lore about ethereal plains of eternal suffering. Make them spawn in large groups, and make them powerful only in numbers, but generally weak on their own.

Give some the ability to fly, give some the ability to remove certain kinds of blocks. Make some fast, with low resistance, make some slow, but armored like tanks.

Have demonic humanoid figures that seem to be composed of tiny insects. Clouds of black gnats with the shape and intelligence of a sentient and ageless being.

Insects. Locusts, Flies, Nasty bugs, Make them large, ugly, and make them everywhere. Insects are deeply rooted in lore about ethereal plains of eternal suffering. Make them spawn in large groups, and make them powerful only in numbers, but generally weak on their own.

Give some the ability to fly, give some the ability to remove certain kinds of blocks. Make some fast, with low resistance, make some slow, but armored like tanks.

Have demonic humanoid figures that seem to be composed of tiny insects. Clouds of black gnats with the shape and intelligence of a sentient and ageless being.

I'm trying to stay away from anything that looks like anything real

You should read a little before you post... just a recomendation. Although, i liked the idea of the -warming, bad joke arriving- tank-sects and the other guys...

You're reading too much into the suggestion, bro.

The insects themselves don't have to be based around any REAL species. I only used them as examples.

I'm talking about Stephen King's Mist sort of insects.

Oh... excuse me then, i didn't realized what you meant. Then my english teacher and the A she gave me are completely wrong ._.U

So yeah, that said i like your idea.

INssects denotes something that we find real and tangent. Now bugs opens a whole can of worms.

I'm talking about Stephen King's Mist sort of insects.

Instant boner.

DUNK MAKE THIS HAPPEN

On the topic of bugs, has anyone read the Codex of Alera series? The giant insects things from the croach would fit perfect in here or in the wailing.

So nothing flys?

no, the demons have wings.

You should read a little before you post... just a recomendation. Although, i liked the idea of the -warming, bad joke arriving- tank-sects and the other guys...

no, you were right. no bugs. This is not an "ethereal place of suffering" I thought I covered that. This is a place no mortal, (their soul or otherwise) was ever meant to go.

no, the demons have wings.

Please tell me this won't be another blaze/ghast scenario where all they do is backpedal and take flaming potshots at you from a billion miles out of your reach, meaning that unless you can back them into a corner you'd better have brought your bow, matey.

Please tell me this won't be another blaze/ghast scenario where all they do is backpedal and take flaming potshots at you from a billion miles out of your reach, meaning that unless you can back them into a corner you'd better have brought your bow, matey.

fuck no. The demons have wings, but that's because there will be a lot of sheer cliffs and shit. They can only melee, so they will have to get right up in your face.

fuck no. The demons have wings, but that's because there will be a lot of sheer cliffs and shit. They can only melee, so they will have to get right up in your face.

Okay.

I don't have a problem with ranged attacks, honestly. As long as the ranged attackers don't move somewhere where you PHYSICALLY CANNOT HIT THEM EVER

Okay.

I don't have a problem with ranged attacks, honestly. As long as the ranged attackers don't move somewhere where you PHYSICALLY CANNOT HIT THEM EVER

You were ghast'd and blaze'd plenty of times, didn't you?

I did ;_;

You were ghast'd and blaze'd plenty of times, didn't you?

I did ;_;

yyyyyyyyup.

Side note- I'm rather pleased with myself. 7 posts more and this will be the longest thread on the discussion board lol

yyyyyyyyup.

Side note- I'm rather pleased with myself. 7 posts more and this will be the longest thread on the discussion board lol

Congratulations. Let's spam until we get it to 15 pages!!

Congratulations. Let's spam until we get it to 15 pages!!

oooor, we could keep up with the meaningful discussion

oooor, we could keep up with the meaningful discussion

Nope, seems like we've opted for off topic babbling ;):P

I'm looking forward to the winged demons :D

No doubt they'll provide a challenge for the later game players.

Nope, seems like we've opted for off topic babbling ;):P

I'm looking forward to the winged demons :D

No doubt they'll provide a challenge for the later game players.

I wanna see the fire dragons >_>