Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Go to hell

277 posts in this topic

Well it wouldn't be blatant since everything's made of blocks ;D And even then, if it isn't identical (including name and construction of the model/mesh/animations/etc.) then it's not infringing.

You know what I mean, Rogue -_-

Yes, it can.

Mods rely on either original content, or right to parody.

So if you make a blatant oblivion portal, you either have to make it somehow wildly different in at least one respect, or state outright 'this is an oblivion portal, we totally got this from Bethesda and it's their original idea that we take no credit for'

Well it wouldn't be blatant since everything's made of blocks ;D And even then, if it isn't identical (including name and construction of the model/mesh/animations/etc.) then it's not infringing. I'm not entirely sure, but nearly every "portal" is the same as someone else's as it stands.

if you guys would read the post i put earlier, you would know that i was just messing around so calm your bacon

Pardon (no tone on the internet) But i really would like at least some open areas, similar to Elysium from Greek mythos, Except not quite as pleasant, heck, Erebus is a good model as well (possible even tartarus) sorry for all the mythology.

Pardon (no tone on the internet) But i really would like at least some open areas, similar to Elysium from Greek mythos, Except not quite as pleasant, heck, Erebus is a good model as well (possible even tartarus) sorry for all the mythology.

myeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.... nah

i think we're trying to get away from the whole underworld idea of the nether wait what?

-looks at post again-

ooohhhhh still werent those more "massive cavern so huge that theres almost a sky" and less of an alternate dimension with a reddish sky

h btw, whoever's in charge here, is the nehter supposed to be all hot and fiery or dark and gloomy

I wasn't getting upset or anything, so shh :P lol

And as for the nether, so far it's going to be dark dark claustrophobic cave-ey.

I wasn't getting upset or anything, so shh :P lol

And as for the nether, so far it's going to be dark dark claustrophobic cave-ey.

Yuck...

That's not frightening. It's just depressing...

If that's the new TFC nether, I'll probly end up just skipping it unless you really need to go there

Yuck...

That's not frightening. It's just depressing...

If that's the new TFC nether, I'll probly end up just skipping it unless you really need to go there

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree :.(

I never really liked the whole "cavey" thing :S

BUT I do have faith in the TFC team and their awesome abilities, so I will wait until I see it before I pass any judgements :P

Just please don't pull a notch with it, I don't think I could handle disappointment on that scale twice :S :P

Should any damaging liquid (lava, acid, mercury, w/e) be added to the new nether, I propose a water mob (modified dunkleosteous? lol) that will shoot highly ballistic projectiles at you, which spawn half-blocks of 'finite water' composed of this damaging liquid when they collide with a block/entity. Ranged attacks (bow, javelin) would be best, but I suppose if you wanted to melee it it would be possible, with good armor.

Perhaps armor could be made that reduces/removes damage from said liquid? Possibly made from scales/hide of mob.

Thoughts?

Jed? Lumy? Rogue?

Should any damaging liquid (lava, acid, mercury, w/e) be added to the new nether, I propose a water mob (modified dunkleosteous? lol) that will shoot highly ballistic projectiles at you, which spawn half-blocks of 'finite water' composed of this damaging liquid when they collide with a block/entity

Thoughts?

Jed? Lumy? Rogue?

Lol, mercury spitting Dunkleosteous... that would be hilarious

Should any damaging liquid (lava, acid, mercury, w/e) be added to the new nether, I propose a water mob (modified dunkleosteous? lol) that will shoot highly ballistic projectiles at you, which spawn half-blocks of 'finite water' composed of this damaging liquid when they collide with a block/entity. Ranged attacks (bow, javelin) would be best, but I suppose if you wanted to melee it it would be possible, with good armor.

Perhaps armor could be made that reduces/removes damage from said liquid? Possibly made from scales/hide of mob.

Thoughts?

Jed? Lumy? Rogue?

hmm acid sounds cool maybe like in the metroid games

-snip-

So up for this !

A monster which shoots acid, sounds like an excellent time !

Perhaps to add a bit of risk for advanced players, it could cause metal armour to suffer fairly severe damage ? (seeing as acid is corrosive and all :P)

It's a bit like the blaze, but not shit ! :D

I feel to go with the, "awaken from slumber from entering the world without knowledge", there would be a sliver of a sliver of a chance that, on a normal day skipping through the woods, you can suddenly feel yourself pulled from reality and black out. You awake to find a "hellish world here to play, let's see just how the blocks form this way"

Also the acid should be able to corrode weak items in you own inventory as you have to be storing them somewhere and not just in hammerspace

My only issue with the finite water/acid thing, is that water flows just about indefinitely, so it could reach a lava pool and turn it to obby(or cobble not remembering how that works exactly) so it should be something that would flow a maximum of let's say, 15 blocks or so.

Also given that different damages are being added, you could utilize that to do extra damage to armor, like jed said.

Edited by Scooterdanny

I feel to go with the, "awaken from slumber from entering the world without knowledge", there would be a sliver of a sliver of a chance that, on a normal day skipping through the woods, you can suddenly feel yourself pulled from reality and black out. You awake to find a "hellish world here to play, let's see just how the blocks form this way"

Also the acid should be able to corrode weak items in you own inventory as you have to be storing them somewhere and not just in hammerspace

...That was a bad reference, and you should feel bad

...That was a bad reference, and you should feel bad

but tropes make it better, they always make it better

Guys... mobs are hard lol. What about instead of an acid spitting monster, we add sulfuric acid rain? If you don't take shelter when it rains, your armour starts to corrode severely, and eventually it can kill you.

Guys... mobs are hard lol. What about instead of an acid spitting monster, we add sulfuric acid rain? If you don't take shelter when it rains, your armour starts to corrode severely, and eventually it can kill you.

So we're only gonna have 2 nether mobs?

^This... also makes much more sense than a flying, acid spitting Dunk lol, as amusing as that would be.

^This... also makes much more sense than a flying, acid spitting Dunk lol, as amusing as that would be.

...who the fuck said flying? Where did that come in?

I was thinking like a demonic version of this

Posted Image

Ah well i implied it since of the apparent lack of too much liquid in what i understand to be planned.

well acid rain doesnt really make much sence for how i picture the nether

as for acid, i was thinking instead of lava pools, we could have orange-ish acid?

well acid rain doesnt really make much sence for how i picture the nether

as for acid, i was thinking instead of lava pools, we could have orange-ish acid?

doesn't it only matter how I picture the nether?

ummm no, otherwise there would be no reason for these forums to exist at all

Very much so, but I like to think you also take on board our feedback. My singular opinion doesn't really matter, neither does anyone else's apart from you, Bioxx and Hydra, but the almighty "we" does factor into your decision making processes I presume ?

By that I mean, I am sure that you consider the users expectations and hopes as well as your own :)

(This isn't meant to sound critical by the way, I think you do a fantastic job of balancing between user expectations and your own ability to deliver as well as your own views and visions :))

ummm no, otherwise there would be no reason for these forums to exist at all

Look. I might have been a bit rude, but I meant that as you are just one person, your "picture of the nether" is rather insignificant relative to the culmination of everyone else's. I will certainly take input from others and suggestions, but I would prefer if you didn't act like you're the programmer.

Very much so, but I like to think you also take on board our feedback. My singular opinion doesn't really matter, neither does anyone else's apart from you, Bioxx and Hydra, but the almighty "we" does factor into your decision making processes I presume ?

By that I mean, I am sure that you consider the users expectations and hopes as well as your own :)

(This isn't meant to sound critical by the way, I think you do a fantastic job of balancing between user expectations and your own ability to deliver as well as your own views and visions :))

Yes I greatly appreciate the suggestions from the forums, I consider all of them, but sometimes they just don't work. I can't expect my single view to be the right one in this case, what I imagine might be made better (or changed completely) by what one or more of you guys suggest, but I (and I think Bioxx agrees with me here) think that in the end it is our decision what we do. No one in the community has the right to "veto" what we put in the mod. So far most of the suggestions I see are really, really good.