Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

One option is all the players band together and build a north/south running lit road to help with travel to new lands of opportunity. Would speed travel considerably when you don't have to jump/climb swim all the way through potentially mob filled areas.

I wouldn't mind doing that. :) It would mean there would be something I can work on an hour at a time each night with no pressure to "finish" a minor task like I did with the castle.

Yeah, I was planning on doing this for one of the servers I was on, but then a world reset before I could finish my house first. I guess first we gotta wait for the server to update to 49g. I have two different theories on how it could feasibly be made:

The cobblestone highway, all flat parts would be from whatever cobblestone is on hand with the person adding it, all stair based parts for going over minor hills would be made of wood from local trees. It would be patchwork but efficient, and at least provide a rudimentary highway system for everyone to use and expand from.

The brick highway, constructed either from all the same stone or whatever stone is local to each section. Obviously more resource intensive as metal is then involved.

Either way, fully lit would really be the best policy as an unlit road with mobs all over it is no real road at all.

I think we're going to upgrade sooner than I'd expected. I thought by assuring everyone that we'd have a relaxed upgrade, no rush, we'd avoid the mass exodus we had last time when we upgraded as quick as we could, but I guess people wanna play the new version regardless, so we still have a dead server. :-P I'll be putting together a good archive of DLP's spawn and the showcase for DHB #2 this weekend.

In my case it's like I lost all motivation to do anything on the server knowing that the map reset is comming, and doesn't matter if it's comming in a week or in a month. I'd want it sooner than later. And I know that the next update will come which might need a map reset but thats different. So I'm happy to hear that you're going to update sooner ^^ And I still think that you run the best server ever

Too much My Little Pony. As soon as I saw that post I thought about:

Posted Image

The road actually sounds fun to me. Let's see how long that lasts. :P

The road actually sounds fun to me. Let's see how long that lasts. :P

49 is still going through major changes, and not all of them are documented in the changelog. Check the bug tracker.

- Surface rocks are defaulting to shale or some other rock regardless of what the top layer is

- Crops not growing in SMP

- Near-surface ores always spawning at Y=129 (130)

- Random chunks/odd terrain transitions

- Chopping down a sequoia causes crash

Not complaining, just saying it's still a bit messy. Fixes could require multiple map regens if the terrain gen is altered even a little. I'm all for helping out Bioxx testing builds on DHB, but I wouldn't start any massive projects until it's more stable. :)

Have not tested crops yet but, shale = not true. Believe that has to do with trying to play on an old map.

testing the ore tonight.

And for the record, there have always been some odd terrain transitions- I know when Holy & I were searching for gabbro on Oddworld, I found more than a few places where chunks alternated between two biomes or something weird like that.

Honestly, I posted both the bugs about the odd terrain, and they weren't game breaking or common, I just noted them so he could rectify it if needed. Even with those things I found, the terrain still looked much nicer than before. The Sequoia woods were genuinely pretty, and the patches of woods rather than straight plains or woods seriously looks legit. Also, the sequoia crash was posted by me as well, it happened twice out of about 30 sequoia chopdowns, couldn't find the factor that caused it, but the game crashes and you can load the world right back up, only the top half of the tree is missing but all the logs are accounted for and you can still cut down the bottom half as normal.

is there something wrong with the server? i see 0 players connected and i can't connect.

Oh hey, back up.

nope, im getting 503 after trying to log in after death.

Well that sucks, but everything I'm seeing the raisercraft thread and other spots is that this is a minecraft central server issue.

So how long till we upgrade to the 49's? Looking forward to playing again :D

I've got some errands to run today, but I'm going to be looking at getting it done tonight. I'm probably gonna be putting all the pictures & poll up right before I switch over the server.

oh well, i am around tonight if u need someone to test. on skype.

Well, it looks like someone griefed and looted our town, I don't know if this was a malicious act, or just someone throwing an "end of server" party with our stuff. I don't really mind, considering we are getting wiped, but i would like to know who did it incase some issues come up on the new server. So Slink, please check it out tonight before wiping us!

oh slink will figure it out and ban them i am sure.