Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Rules for Posting:
1. Modpacks must contain TFC.
- This goes without saying, but since this is the TerraFirmaCraft forums, all modpacks advertised here must contain TerraFirmaCraft.
2. Official TFC Copies Only
- Unofficial copies of TFC are extremely unstable, and are likely to cause crashes or corrupt worlds. Just because a change in the code has been committed to github, it does not mean that the change has been finalized and is ready to use as a release. It is also entirely possible that changes or additions to the code that have been committed to github will be reverted, and that change or new feature will never be in an official released copy of the mod.
- Mod packs found to be containing unofficial copies of TFC will have the topic hidden, and the original poster will be sent a PM. The topic will not be restored until it can be proven that the pack no longer contains an unofficial copy.
- The copy of TFC in your modpack must be an official release that at some point has been available for download from this website, or has been compiled from the official, unedited github repo and is not a version later than the current release available for download. For example, if the current version available for download is 0.79.22.761, copies of 0.79.22.762 or later are not allowed. An exception to this rule will only be made with explicit permission from the developers for the primary purpose of helping test a change that was made specifically for mod compatibility.
- Copies of TFC that were built from an edited fork of the github repo are not allowed.
3. Mod Redistribution Permissions
- All mods within your pack must have the proper permissions from their mod authors to be redistributed in modpacks. While not necessary, it is good practice to include proof that you have permission for each individual mod in your original post (links to specific forum posts stating that the mod can be used in modpacks is sufficient proof). Modpacks that are hosted on the FTB launcher or ATLauncher do not need to include this list, as they have already provided such proof in order to have their modpack added to those launchers.
- Modpacks found to be in violation of mod redistribution permissions will be immediately removed, and the original poster will receive a warning point. Secondary offenses will result in the member being banned from this forum.
- For more information about improper mod redistribution, see http://stopmodreposts.org/
4. List the version of TFC included in the modpack in the topic name
- Use the following format in your topic title: [TFC #.##.#] Modpack Name - Any extra information
5. A link to your modpack must be present
- You must provide either a link to your modpack listing on a specific launcher, a "pack code" to download your modpack from a specific launcher, or a download of your modpack. "Work In Progress" modpacks or "Build your own" modpacks that are just a pack of config and/or resource files belong in the Mod Pack Discussion Subforum.
6. No advertising of Technic/Tekkit modpacks.
- Any posts that advertise or contain links related to the Technic/Tekkit launcher will be either deleted, or have the advertisement/link redacted from the post. We do not support the use of the Technic/Tekkit launcher on these forums. You are welcome to create a Technic/Tekkit modpack with TerraFirmaCraft, you just aren't allowed to advertise it here.
- Secondary offenses will result in a warning point, and further offenses will result in the forum member being banned from this forum.
7. No NSFW Material
- Your modpack must be safe within a family setting. (This is a case by case. If you have a question, contact a staff member to clarify)
13 topics in this forum
- 70 replies
- 8,867 views
- 135 replies
- 34,019 views
- 9 replies
- 794 views
- 3 replies
- 1,125 views
- 338 replies
- 89,903 views
- 121 replies
- 50,848 views
- 7 replies
- 1,435 views
- 8 replies
- 2,659 views
- 0 replies
- 1,696 views
- 6 replies
- 3,219 views
- 3 replies
- 7,723 views
- 1 reply
- 4,438 views
- 4 replies
- 5,515 views